Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Since the Introverted Dual is so Often Passed Over by the Extraverted Dual~

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Guys who I type as ILE... Seth Green, Neil degrasse Tyson (Ne sub), VSauce (Ti sub), WheezyWaiter (Ne sub)
    Edward Norton ?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    Edward Norton ?
    I'd type him as INFx.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nerdy type ILE's are common, but there are many non nerdy ones too..

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Guys who I type as ILE... Seth Green, Neil degrasse Tyson (Ne sub), VSauce (Ti sub), WheezyWaiter (Ne sub), Linus Sebastian (Ti sub)

I'm fine with those guys, and i found Seth Green oddly attractive haha, but I cannot see myself being with ILE.
    you type Seth Green as an extrovert? I know Seth he's LII
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    you type Seth Green as an extrovert? I know Seth he's LII
    How do you know him?
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How do you know him?
    i liv in the same community as him
    he goes to the same places as my cousin and friend
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jacques Cousteau ILE was also quite introverted but very Se heavy professionally.

He is exemplar of ILE normalizing subtype. They are around and usually quite unnoticeable. They do not have LII propensity towards analysis neither did Cousteau.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Well, you have your opinions. They aren't backed up by anything though.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-and-V-Gulenko

If you look at the descriptions of the Ne subtypes of the Ne lead types, they both have “curious” in there.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh. "Generator of ideas" as written in the article - that's actually a good description of Ne. Notice that it says absolutely nothing about actually exploring ideas in depth ie what hotel wrote here Nowhere is there anything that says Ne is about following your curiosity to develop a broad knowledge base. And intellectual curiosity, the actual exploration of ideas is not Ne.

Think about it - when you research something that interests you, how much Ne is actually being used in doing that? Wondering how something works, or asking questions about something and following it, rooting out answers - where's the Ne? Only in the generation of alternative explanations, the brainstorming and coming up with new ways to look at things - that's where you'll see Ne.

Besides you want to find a single word in a description, let's look at more of them. How about the ESE? "inquisitive" Does inquisitiveness not come from curiosity? How about the Ti-LSI "If he finds his work interesting and inspirational, may give it his preference while neglecting his personal needs" What makes work "interesting?" To spark a person's interest there must be something intriguing, something to explore, and is that not curiosity? So on and so forth, I purposely grabbed from those with weak Ne, and yet, they still possess interest, curiosity, inquisitiveness. . .
    They still say “curious”. That’s an original source too.

There’s your backup. You’re welcome @thehotelambush .

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And so do other descriptions of other types, even those with weak Ne so follow the reasoning here. If it were related to Ne those other types would not ALSO be curious and inquisitive. Instead they would lack those attributes, but don't. Instead what is mentioned for Ne polr is that there's a reluctance to accept novel ideas. Curiosity is not lacking, interest is not lacking, exploration of ideas to find answers is not lacking, but there is an inclination to be skeptical of crazy new ideas. So, in that context - what part is the Ne? Obviously the idea-generation is the Ne part, not the rest.
    Lol ok but I guess you couldn’t find any other places that literally said curious otherwise you’d have quoted them.

Obviously it means Meged and Gulenko associated Ne with curiosity.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what's funny? I had that link open still and was looking at the SLI-Si description, when I read So... you know, once again (and now it's been multiple times I've done so) I've shown that other types without strong Ne are also curious even using your own silly criteria for doing so (looking for a specific word in a type description is pretty silly you've got to admit.)

Edit: Lol, here's another one in the SLI-Te this time

Lolz sorry squark. Ok then you’re right. I’m still too lazy to check that right now but I’ll take your word for it.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back on topic,

Some reasons ILE and I fell for each other, especially from his side allegedly:
    - He says conversation is very important. Looks alone never did much for him in terms of thinking of entering a relationship.
    - We only got closer after we entered a situation where we could talk alone, one on one. I distinctly became more attracted to him starting then.
    - He says he cares a lot about whether or not one is “a thinker”.
    - He believes we’re both compatible because even though we’re both objectively relatively social and extroverted, we’re both semi-autistic introverted extroverts basically. He’s said that when he sees very extroverted people who post a lot on social media and have tons and tons of connections, he thinks that’s great but that’s the extent of it; he can’t relate to them or get closer to people like that usually. I feel the same way. He believes a quieter person would make a better match for him and I’m the same way.

I find quiet people enticing and hot, and more attractive to talk to than talkative people personally.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I never felt SLEs were too good for me, if anything it was kind of the opposite, they were among the few types that I felt I was above in this weird way (and that in turn gave me confidence and made me feel good about myself) - like idk how to explain it, kind of like... they looked up to me in ways. Sort of like wanting me to guide them in a sense because I protected their poor hurt Fi. But then I do think what Viktor said was accurate about how both types looked up to each other too much and then found out it wasn't reality just a romantic illusion type of thing. But reality sucks and is harsh and cold and grimdark, nothing wrong with once in awhile feeling the romantic haze. =D

In general I do sense how society, especially American society values an overbearing extroverted str8 businessman over a shy quiet artistic ******, sure. (And I suppose sometimes it hurts my feelings because I sense that I'm not what is mainly wanted- esp. for a male.) But that's more like in the general sense and not really dual specific.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

extraverts notice introverts like anyone

people with good IR give a sympathy and interest, by nonverbal, by behavior

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, I get that you were triggered by my dismissive attitude towards hotel's POV, and you wanted to jump in and defend him. Now you're on a fishing mission. This fish isn't biting, so have at it.
    Actually, it was that combined with the fact that, lucky for you, I had read that part of the article recently before that and it was still fresh in my memory. So your false statement about Ne stood out really blatantly to me and I just couldn’t help myself.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Venus Rose View Post
    @Xaviay you haven’t done anything wrong, from what I can see on this thread anyway.
    She hasn't. I have.

A person who is lashing out their frustrations on you when you're trying to contribute is clearly not a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Why are you apologizing? silke was the one who randomly lashed out at you for no reason...
    There were reasons, no need to be so arrogant and dismissive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123