Thread: Filatova and Gulenko data doesn't align together

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Filatova and Gulenko data doesn't align together

Has anyone else noticed how they swap quadras and functions before writing profiles??

Which Socionist(s) do you rely on most to define your type?
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 11-27-2018 at 12:16 AM.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rely on Reinin, his descriptions and sometimes his dichotomies. From the members here i relied on Smilingeyes, who also used Reinin - however i find the dichotomies difficult to work with since you need to amass a lot of data before you can come to conclusions. I've read a lot of other sources tho even if i didn't end up sticking with them at the end.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read enough that I no longer remember where I got any of it from.

When you eat a chicken, rip the meat off and throw away the bones.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"swap quadras and functions"? Where?

Model G does swap some function names (creative / demonstrative), but it's not really considered standard material.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gulenko as I understand tries to strip away all the variations of the type and keep it uniform. It is probably best when mixed with DCNH variations. Lots of behavioral observations. Self-typing by self-observation based on how you act with others and with environment.

Filatova gives descriptions that aligns more with generic views and type specific triggers. Easier for self typing at least for me.

Both are good in their own ways.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont really care about descriptions because i can identify the types myself and draw my own conclusion. DCNH helps in realizing the big intra-type differences.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I dont really care about descriptions because i can identify the types myself and draw my own conclusion. DCNH helps in realizing the big intra-type differences.
    What is DCNH in reference to? I need some Demonstrative Te here.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    "swap quadras and functions"? Where?

Model G does swap some function names (creative / demonstrative), but it's not really considered standard material.
    O gosh, incongruencies are riddled all over the place compared to experience in real life. Check out my new sig' for starters in effort to get more clear about labeling datasets and sources.
    ~* astralsilky

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    What is DCNH in reference to? I need some Demonstrative Te here.
    If you want to write a description of SEI for example you should know all sei subtypes and by that the huge spectrum of how this type manifests itself. Then one can start writing descriptions, either by deciding what all SEIs have in common regardless of subtype or by concentrating on the D subtype thay usually shows the strongest type characteristics. It is a difficult task.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    If you want to write a description of SEI for example you should know all sei subtypes and by that the huge spectrum of how this type manifests itself. Then one can start writing descriptions, either by deciding what all SEIs have in common regardless of subtype or by concentrating on the D subtype thay usually shows the strongest type characteristics. It is a difficult task.
    Ok. I have kind of been there done that, although I was thinking about writing a portrait for my type, whatever one calls it, and encourage others who are interested to do the same. I changed my definition of type a lot over the years because the extant popular data was not sufficient enough to my liking for clarity, strict logic and lack of inconsistency. So much it very nebulous when trying to describe folks like me. It is possible theorists may have a better understanding of some types and phenomenon than others especially if not themselves.
    ~* astralsilky

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Basically D's are the dulling celebs like Trump, Oprah and others that give lots of emotionally charged pressure to their environment, C's are internally intense people who are tricksters, N are slaves of their role without free will and H's are internally conflicted peeps.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Basically D's are the dulling celebs like Trump, Oprah and others that give lots of emotionally charged pressure to their environment, C's are internally intense people who are tricksters, N are slaves of their role without free will and H's are internally conflicted peeps.
    hmm
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O gosh, incongruencies are riddled all over the place compared to experience in real life. Check out my new sig' for starters in effort to get more clear about labeling datasets and sources.
    I still have no idea what you're talking about. If you mean that they describe the types differently then I'm not surprised.

To answer your question, I don't bother reading Russian type descriptions at all for typing purposes. My understanding of the theory is largely described here: https://wholesocionics.herokuapp.com/

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still have no idea what you're talking about. If you mean that they describe the types differently then I'm not surprised.

To answer your question, I don't bother reading Russian type descriptions at all for typing purposes. My understanding of the theory is largely described here: https://wholesocionics.herokuapp.com/
    Ahhh. You see I have read so much on it from various sources over the years that I notice contradictions especially compared to my experiences with others, rather than having settled on one clear source and ignoring the rest. I'm more into Jung than any particular Socionist it seems.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much for sharing this link. I agree with all definitions except would modify Fi and Fe somewhat. I think Fe includes morality e.g. Again thank you so much. I have already read the first three articles. Now I know what you personally have been relying on and that helps me gain perspective.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding of the theory is largely described here: https://wholesocionics.herokuapp.com/
    That really is an awesome link compared to the bulk of attempted illustrative application attempts out there. Some theorists just keep adding more rules to skew data so it can eventually sound right enough even if basic assumptions are wrong. But this source has a lot of good limiting T in the form of more pure Ti, and your personal Ti savvyness for upholding it I am appreciating very much. It helped me see things from a more efficient logical perspective yet than past sets so I am thankful for that enhancement of my understanding.

Again my only contention is about morals only being attributed to Fi. I have always had strong independent lifelong ethics which come in conflict a lot with those with Fi ego blocks especially wrt Si and Se matters. For example, as an Fe type (still to my surprise btw) I am keenly sensitive to field sets of morals that groups of people bring to the table, how they interact, what is priority regardless of majority, and how cultures function in ethical frameworks. The stress comes when others expect me to Si harmonize with everyone as I like to but then that everyone imposes more subjective contradictory whims preferences and ethical rules than anyone can deal with or logically comply with. So then my creative Fe gets to work in trying to sort it out for myself at function 8 which then becomes a demonstrative resulting Fi.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the person who come up with a simpler theory that combine them... Anyway I believe they are opposite quadra types and deal with information a lot differently so we see different approaches and viewpoints and highlights from each.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That really is an awesome link compared to the bulk of attempted illustrative application attempts out there. Some theorists just keep adding more rules to skew data so it can eventually sound right enough even if basic assumptions are wrong. But this source has a lot of good limiting T in the form of more pure Ti, and your personal Ti savvyness for upholding it I am appreciating very much. It helped me see things from a more efficient logical perspective yet than past sets so I am thankful for that enhancement of my understanding.
    I'm glad you appreciate it.

Again my only contention is about morals only being attributed to Fi. I have always had strong independent lifelong ethics which come in conflict a lot with those with Fi ego blocks especially wrt Si and Se matters. For example, as an Fe type (still to my surprise btw) I am keenly sensitive to field sets of morals that groups of people bring to the table, how they interact, what is priority regardless of majority, and how cultures function in ethical frameworks. The stress comes when others expect me to Si harmonize with everyone as I like to but then that everyone imposes more subjective contradictory whims preferences and ethical rules than anyone can deal with or logically comply with. So then my creative Fe gets to work in trying to sort it out for myself at function 8 which then becomes a demonstrative resulting Fi.
    I would say that Fe valuers' "moral compass" is mostly based on Ti - general principles about what is right and wrong, justice and fairness, etc. "Sorting things out" likewise is primarily about Ti.