Thread: Alpha NTs & Sexual Impulse (ENTp,INTj sexuality)

Hybrid View

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think I want to try polyamory

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    I think I want to try polyamory
    I don't know ~ jealousy still runs pretty common.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

imo, polyamory doesn't allow for enough depth of intimacy to be satisfying. Polyamorists say that they literally spend more time talking out the emotional issues and making sure everybody's needs are being met, than they do actually just dating and having quality time together. It's emotionally stressful, and then you waste time working through the emotional pains brought up, time that you could have spent just getting to know your one partner. Then even besides this, clearly you spend less time, energy, and resources on each partner than you would have available to spend on just one, and that decreases the depth of the connection you otherwise could have built with your one special partner.

I used to want polyamory and I thought it sounded like the ideal relationship. I never got the chance to try it so I might not know exactly what the result would have been... but, after lots of consideration I realized the idea left me feeling empty, where monogamy felt fulfilling. I think jealousy exists for a good reason. You're supposed to want to monopolize your partner's romantic life, and have them monopolize yours. That way you can have the most focused romantic relationship possible. Quality > quantity, basically.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    imo, polyamory doesn't allow for enough depth of intimacy to be satisfying. Polyamorists say that they literally spend more time talking out the emotional issues and making sure everybody's needs are being met, than they do actually just dating and having quality time together. It's emotionally stressful, and then you waste time working through the emotional pains brought up, time that you could have spent just getting to know your one partner. Then even besides this, clearly you spend less time, energy, and resources on each partner than you would have available to spend on just one, and that decreases the depth of the connection you otherwise could have built with your one special partner.

I used to want polyamory and I thought it sounded like the ideal relationship. I never got the chance to try it so I might not know exactly what the result would have been... but, after lots of consideration I realized the idea left me feeling empty, where monogamy felt fulfilling. I think jealousy exists for a good reason. You're supposed to want to monopolize your partner's romantic life, and have them monopolize yours. That way you can have the most focused romantic relationship possible. Quality > quantity, basically.
    All that is probably true. But then again, there are the advantages of having sex with lots of different women on a regular basis.

But seriously, the emotional needs of one person are hard enough to meet.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    All that is probably true. But then again, there are the advantages of having sex with lots of different women on a regular basis.

But seriously, the emotional needs of one person are hard enough to meet.
    And the advantages of having sex with lots of different men on a regular basis lol

But anyways, that tends to hurt people, for obvious reasons. I don't want to do that (and I don't want my man to do that to me, either).