Thread: Is this valued but weak Te, or is this Te PoLR?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is this valued but weak Te, or is this Te PoLR?

Things that make me think that I have weak but valued Te:
    - I'm good at being a bargain hunter. Most of my items are either purchased using coupons or purchased when there is some special promotions going on.
    - I never really let myself go bankrupt completely. Even when I'm out of a job, I'll create my own jobs by becoming self-employed.
    - I always budget my money when I go out. I make sure to use cash instead of cards, and I also always only carry a small amount of money with me when I go out, so that I won't feel tempted to over-spend.
    - I'm good at saving money. My savings can last me for several years if I were to get laid off from my job.
    - I constantly find myself planning for retirement, even though that is still decades away.

Why I think I'm a Te PoLR:
    - I'm bad at anything that is related to investments, I have zero knowledge and interest in these stuffs.
    - I'm bad at accounting. I remembered when I took an accounting class in the past, I keep failing my classes, and I ended up having to ask my ILI friend to help me out with my assignments, lol.
    - Sometimes I can really splurge my money when I see something that I like. Like there was really cool bag that I saw the other day, it costs around $30, I don't usually spend so much money on a bag, but because I liked that bag a lot, I ended up splurging $30 on that bag, thinking that I could use that bag for the next 10 years.
    - I hate filling in forms. Such tedious work!
    - Lazy to read manuals that has too many pages. I can only understand simplified instructions that are summarised within 1-page, and those instructions has to be extremely detailed and listed out step-by-steps.
    Last edited by Ruby13357; 04-06-2023 at 10:08 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's possibly to suppose : weak / strong - it's always for both kinds of same functions, harder to suppose for valued / nonvalued. To have weak Te means to have weak T in general. To say about "Te PoLR" is impossibly, but possibly to suppose about weak T and valued or not Te.

Is some function in you valued is much easier to understand by IR with other types.

To get opinion about your type from others needs a video and good to have a questionnaire too.

> Lazy to read manuals that has too many pages

more about P

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol do you have any good Russian socionics forums you can recommend? I'm curious

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's Parsimony. I don't know if it's a Te polr thing. However, it is said that both LII and EII have that kind of mindset i.e. saving money just in case things go west (one might say that that's basic common sense but hey, it's socionics !!). I think that Avarice can be a thing for both those types (based on "trust me bro" tbh). To be economical is by definition having a good idea of the value of money as a resource, but here again common sense esp when you are not rich as Croesus . However, what we read in the holy scriptures is that Te PolR in IEI can manifest as something apparent to Compulsive shopping disorder (I exaggerate but you get the picture), they can be very bad at managing resources. They can buy stuff on a whim and find themselves broke because of passionate expenditures.

Those are "traits" btw, and the extent to which they are related to Te PolR is based only on descriptions of TIM (prototypes). What is important to keep in mind is that the PolR is something you don't think about, it literally doesn't cross your mind when you find yourself in a totally knew situation until someone points it out to you and that tends to put you in freeze mode i.e. it prevents you to do you Ego stuff (perform your "social mission") esp the (Model A) demonstrative function and the creative strongly kicks in if the situation demands it so that you can cover your PolR and sort of push the demonstrative forwards. (That process triggers your dual (If present) and find all that very... hot).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No none of that indicates Te valuing or Polr.

For example the LSE at work has invested little to no money and nearing retirement with no savings

So Te isn’t about money it’s about observing and applying logic of actions. What and how one should do things.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SEI parent is very frugal and makes very little for a living but still has a comfortable and cozy existence.

Everything can be learned with effort and that includes the logics of one's actions.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    No none of that indicates Te valuing or Polr.

For example the LSE at work has invested little to no money and nearing retirement with no savings

So Te isn’t about money it’s about observing and applying logic of actions. What and how one should do things.
    Yeah agreed. I know one LSE in his mid 70s who had a stroke and lost everything he built over the years with bad personal judgement calls.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    My SEI parent is very frugal and makes very little for a living but still has a comfortable and cozy existence.

Everything can be learned with effort and that includes the logics of one's actions.
    Just curious but what type of work does your SEI parent do for a living?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post

Yup
    Take Warren Buffet who I type SEI
    Where’s the Te Polr if it’s related to being so bad at finance if the world’s greatest investor is Te Polr???
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby13357 View Post
    Just curious but what type of work does your SEI parent do for a living?
    This parent was a school teacher, both elementary and high school. About 25 years ago they had their neck broken by a special needs student who jumped on their back from behind. After recovering, their health took a turn for the worst and a rare autoimmune disorder made manifest. Imagine the cross to bare, as a Si base type, to have chronic, incurable, a painfully manageable disease without hope. Life is not fair, is it?

Having said that, at 60, they have come to terms and I wouldn't say thriving, but definitely self-sufficient and economical with what little income long term disability provides. btw, I have never mentioned this on the16t in all the years I've been here, and I would appreciate it if you respect that. I'm sure you will.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup
    Take Warren Buffet who I type SEI
    Where’s the Te Polr if it’s related to being so bad at finance if the world’s greatest investor is Te Polr???
    I have not researched Warren Buffett, so I can't give an opinion here. All I know is that if you get extremely technical with SEI, their eyes sort of glaze over. (poetic use of this term)

People think money finances IS Te. I always like to think of Te as literally the logic of one's actions. Therefore, this type of logic can be applied in any fields, or dynamics, regardless of subject matter, or task.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So there are several Te PoLR/suggestive descriptions say on wikisocion and also articles on this site (Golihov's description, though not entirely inaccurate, sounds kinda biased to me though haha...). So those would be some sources you can look at...

...but a little experiment - I am not saying this is a fool-proof way to type someone, but I am just curious - how do these statements make you feel?

Real examples of Te-related statements
    * It provides both usefulness and a way to double-check...
    * What are you trying to accomplish?
    * You are just talking out of thin air.
    * you might get more value for your efforts doing the following ...
    * This sounds like a questionable venture. It does not justify the extra time/expenses.
    * You'll be able to lift it easier if you move your hands further apart.
    * To say that there is consensus is wildly misrepresentative.
    * Get a clue.
    * You are clearly losing exact definition regarding your own narrative, therefore I'll let you off the hook. Consider it a freebie.
    * A man who both claims he doesn't follow any model of socionics and who is also unwilling to specify the model he is using is not worthy as a typology commentator because he is not willing to open himself up to peer review and to reach common conclusions and methods.
    Features of Te-speech
    All Te-ego types are dynamic, thus they will interconnect events one after another in speech. Thus their speech will have a flow-like quality to it. Content may be lacking in personal elements.
    Again, I am not saying this is the best way to type someone, but I do wonder if PoLR "statements" make one squirm or become uncomfortable in one way or another. For instance, my brother is Si PoLR and couldn't read the Si section without becoming uncomfortable. The Se statements also have the same effect on me.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This relates to low logic and bad static managerial predisposition. Instead of that I´d go and say Te PoLR I say Fe ego with Ti issues.

And since money isn't your priority there is no reason to torture yourself over the issue, This is Te but more like ST issue because I seriously think that there exists plenty of ILI communists (victim position)... who also might make plenty of money.

... but accounting.. that's so artificial and non-visionary thingy that must be boring af. I suppose AI takes over it soon.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 04-06-2023 at 05:18 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    So there are several Te PoLR/suggestive descriptions say on wikisocion and also articles on this site (Golihov's description, though not entirely inaccurate, sounds kinda biased to me though haha...). So those would be some sources you can look at...

...but a little experiment - I am not saying this is a fool-proof way to type someone, but I am just curious - how do these statements make you feel?

Again, I am not saying this is the best way to type someone, but I do wonder if PoLR "statements" make one squirm or become uncomfortable in one way or another. For instance, my brother is Si PoLR and couldn't read the Si section without becoming uncomfortable. The Se statements also have the same effect on me.
    Gosh, this is a a really good experiment. And there are two statements in there that really triggers me. These two statements, I find it particularly rude if a person were to say these to me, and I'll think the other person is a jerk if they were to say these to me:
    "You are just talking out of thin air."
    "Get a clue."

This statement is moderately annoying, it makes me think that the other person lacks confidence in my abilities:
    "What are you trying to accomplish?"

And these two statements are slightly annoying, as I'm not a huge fan of people who often try to correct me on little details that I find irrelevant, or when naysayers try to pour cold water onto my dreams.
    "You'll be able to lift it easier if you move your hands further apart.
    "This sounds like a questionable venture. It does not justify the extra time/expenses."
    But the rest of the statements over there doesn't trigger me as much. Oh and I've took a look at all the other PoLR "statements" and the Se ones had triggered me quite a bit too, especially words like, "Get a life!", "Oh shut up, man!", "You don't have a life off the screen!", "Anything you come up with is as far from reality as you are from a vagina".
    Why do I find these Se words so rude? lol.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh, this is a a really good experiment. And there are two statements in there that really triggers me. These two statements, I find it particularly rude if a person were to say these to me, and I'll think the other person is a jerk if they were to say these to me:
    "You are just talking out of thin air."
    "Get a clue."

This statement is moderately annoying, it makes me think that the other person doesn't have confidence in my abilities:
    "What are you trying to accomplish?"

And these two statements are slightly annoying, as I'm not a huge fan of people who often try to correct me on little details that I find irrelevant, or when naysayers try to pour cold water onto my dreams.
    "You'll be able to lift it easier if you move your hands further apart.
    "This sounds like a questionable venture. It does not justify the extra time/expenses."
    But the rest of the statements over there doesn't trigger me as much. Oh and I've took a look at all the other PoLR "statements" and the Se ones had triggered me quite a bit too, especially words like, "Get a life!", "Oh shut up, man!", "You don't have a life off the screen!", "Anything you come up with is as far from reality as you are from a vagina".
    Why do I find these Se words so rude? lol.
    I couldn't read the Se one fully

But yeah...Te leads can benefit a bit from the 'softening' effect from Fi

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se ones are so absurd it's comic

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would say that regardless of stereotypes most Estj don’t care about money. They care about Fi
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is Te

Me: if I started a restaurant I would have only three items on the menus
    Pork, beef, maybe a fish

LSE: ok let’s do it (notice “DO” move into action) and no talk about the details of the financial aspect lol
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    My boss is kind to me when it comes to my weakness in logic of actions. Frequently I will present my problem solving ability (showing him my working/how I arrived at the conclusion) and he will wince at the number of steps involved.

He will tell me that this is more trouble/exertion than it is worth for a profitable result. His is a similar response to one of the Te-related statements necrosebud posted.

With Te as my blind spot it can feel like the only solution that comes to mind is a very convoluted one.
    It manifests as needing to "get to grips with/understand" and have control over each step along the way. Needing to understand the reason behind each step, I believe is valued Ti.

It's stressful for me to accept the uncertainty that is: "losses on some transactions, profits on others", but I trust my boss to intervene if he observes great losses.

I'm also bad at accounting by the way. When I tried studying Business, Accounting was the only paper I failed completely.
    Statistics I did well in though - do you have any experience with Statistics (which possibly emphasises Ti more)?
    I've always excelled at Statistics, I would say that it's one of my favorite subjects. I guess I value Ti then, haha. Accounting on the other hand, it's terrible. I think I've failed that at least twice and have retook that subject twice.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always excelled at Statistics, I would say that it's one of my favorite subjects. I guess I value Ti then, haha. Accounting on the other hand, it's terrible. I think I've failed that at least twice and have retook that subject twice.
    Accounting is hard to understand...someone at work has tried to show me "This offsets that, see?" and I look, but I don't see it
    The rules don't stick in my mind because the numbers seem too random and changing every time. I wonder if that's how you experience it too.
    Perhaps Accounting just lacks the investigative/research aspect that makes Statistics interesting to learn.

I do think there is a connection between Statistics and a person's preference/ability to isolate and concentrate on known variables. You figure out how one affects the other and due to that you are able to do your working in reverse, to trust that your understanding is correct.

Writing this post hurts my head to think about. Hopefully it makes sense to you!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You, my friend, are SEI. No doubts in my mind about it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that regardless of stereotypes most Estj don’t care about money. They care about Fi
    What are you smoking because it must be good.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I´m LIE and I was really good at accounting but like - this stuff is just how normal life works don´t even have to think about it (I even have an accouting certification which I got automatically with a degree). If someone sucks at accounting I don´t find it a problem - it´s so boring that it seems normal to suck at it, just that...I was good?

However, this can backfire, since in some companies accounting is done "creatively" (a.k.a. fraud) and once I was fired because I pointed that out bluntly. An SF type would have just understood the situation in a more shifty and diplomatic fashion.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    However, this can backfire, since in some companies accounting is done "creatively" (a.k.a. fraud) and once I was fired because I pointed that out bluntly.
    You've made them to feel shame and that you are too good to work with them.

> An SF type would have just understood the situation in a more shifty and diplomatic fashion.

F - to think about peoples reaction, will they like the action. N - to imagine possible consequences
    also, an introvertion helps to be more restrained

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    What are you smoking because it must be good.
    The most interest to money have Se types.
    But don't care about physical resources - not about S types. The relation of LSE with money follows from that with Te and S they mainly want be rational and have material side acceptable, but not to have many of property/money. To have "enough" - yes, and for this they make reasonable actions but do not support this to get "many". Social average is the common aim. With rational approach it may lead sometimes to more, but it's not prime aim.
    Fi is among important as it's valued. But in weak regions efforts and attention are not inputed much. Other can be with closest people, with who emotional contact is prefered be more.

Maritsa tends to ignore basics of types theory. Too much preference to F by the cost of T quality. Too high speculativity in thinking.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You've made them to feel shame and that you are too good to work with them.

> An SF type would have just understood the situation in a more shifty and diplomatic fashion.

F - to think about peoples reaction, will they like the action. N - to imagine possible consequences
    also, an introvertion helps to be more restrained
    The response I got from an ESI was - "they pay you, why should you make them angry? Eventually just find an excuse to leave them".

Actually a pretty realistic response, but hard to implement in the moment. Not to mention that if everyone reasoned like this, no public institution would ever function.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The most interest to money have Se types.
    But don't care about physical resources - not about S types. The relation of LSE with money follows from that with Te and S they mainly want be rational and have material side acceptable, but not to have many of property/money. To have "enough" - yes, and for this they make reasonable actions but do not support this to get "many". Social average is the common aim. With rational approach it may lead sometimes to more, but it's not prime aim.
    Fi is among important as it's valued. But in weak regions efforts and attention are not inputed much. Other can be with closest people, with who emotional contact is prefered be more.
    I agree with this - money is important for me otherwise you can´t do anything. Also, it´s important that if I know a service I can give is in high demand - I must ask a good amount of money, not out of greed but because we have a limited amount of time in this life and I can´t waste it doing something for someone else for little reward.
    Otherwise, a house and a decent car are good to have, but anything else can also be a hassle.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSEs do like money, but they see it as more as a means to an end, rather than an end in itself. I think they just want a very comfortable existence, which obviously requires money. Plus money also is evidence that they have some type of achievement, to give them a sense of self-worth.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loopyclouds View Post
    LSEs do like money, but they see it as more as a means to an end, rather than an end in itself. I think they just want a very comfortable existence, which obviously requires money. Plus money also is evidence that they have some type of achievement, to give them a sense of self-worth.
    Well damn, took the words right out of my mouth fr.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Some Estj love to spend money lol
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    You, my friend, are SEI. No doubts in my mind about it.
    SEI could be possible for my type, I once had an EIE told me before about how I have this tendency to ruin the atmosphere around me with my bad moods. Being an Fe-ego type our mood is so contagious that everyone around us is able to absorb our moods.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things that make me think that I have weak but valued Te:
    - I'm good at being a bargain hunter. Most of my items are either purchased using coupons or purchased when there is some special promotions going on.
    - I never really let myself go bankrupt completely. Even when I'm out of a job, I'll create my own jobs by becoming self-employed.
    - I always budget my money when I go out. I make sure to use cash instead of cards, and I also always only carry a small amount of money with me when I go out, so that I won't feel tempted to over-spend.
    - I'm good at saving money. My savings can last me for several years if I were to get laid off from my job.
    - I constantly find myself planning for retirement, even though that is still decades away.
    I think these things are not necessarily Te-valuing. I'm Te-ignoring and I have similar behaviors. Although somehow different. It depends on your educational background and the information you receive.

I'm personally a good buyer and I can mostly buy something which is cheap, high useful and with good quality. I also know how to gather information in promotions. I am good at budget my money and saving money. However, to reach this goal I prefer to use card instead of cash since I can receive an billing invoice each month from my bank. I'm also planning for my retirement although there's still decades away.

However, I do not seek to purchase items at the lowest price. Because I am rather averse to haggling with salespeople, I will research my way to a better purchase. I never haggle. In order to buy cheaper goods, I will study and research the knowledge of many common goods and analyze the rules of merchants to conduct promotions. When I buy an item, I usually buy it directly and never haggle with the salesperson. I like to buy at the supermarket because there I only need to put the items I want into the shopping cart and check out, no need to communicate with the salesperson.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, the stereotype of combining Te with the use of money is very bad. A person's perception of spending is related to too many factors. For example, family background, parents' education, schooling, and upbringing.

A child who grows up in a poor family, regardless of the type, may have to learn how to be smart with money from an early age. If a person's family is very rich and his parents give him a lot of money from an early age, then he may develop the habit of spending money arbitrarily. Of course, this is not the only factor. Personal learning, the development of values, also has an impact on this.

In addition, the same spending, in the eyes of different people will have a different view. The same person's consumption behavior, in the eyes of some people may be frugal, while in the eyes of others may be wasteful.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te is looking at real objects in the world and understanding the interrelationships between them in movement. How events unfold and why they unfold and how to organize the relationships for efficiency.

When you clean your bathroom you organize it in the best way, in steps. You don't clean bottom up, you clean top down.

That's Te logic.

Fe is understanding the emotional relationships between people, in how they unfold and organize that side of life.

If spending money was a function it is related to math, and ethics. Is it wise to spend is the question.

All types segue from T to F, or F to T. Ethics to think, or think to ethics.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

If you can wash your brain, your brain isn't a wash, it is awash

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te could also be different from type to type. For exp

There’s an LIE step into a store. He surprisingly see a type of item that he know it has very high secret value that nobody know, but it sells very cheap here. He immediately realize that the store owner doesn’t know shit about the true value of this type of item, we call A.

He wanna buy all of item A, but he can’t do that. Everyone here knows he’s good at business, if he buy a lot of it, or ask the store owner directly where they get those item A from, people around with good eyes would know those item have high value and …. You could guess what they would do next

But he also realize that this store has item B, what he also need to buy a lot, so he call the store owner and said that he wanna buy a lot of items B, but the price is too high bla bla …

after get a good deal, he turn his head into item A direction and ask “what are these thing?” Pretending that’s the first time he see this type of item. The owner say “just some abc doesn’t have much value, I could give you a discount if you wanna buy some, for thanking you already buy a lot of B”.

The LIE leave the store with some item A that he want, and he swear the next time he trade with that store’s owner again, he would small talk more and ask the store owner where did they get these item A from without drawing attention, and all of them will belong to him, soon.