Thread: Instinctual Stacking Confusion (Continued from Previous Conversation)

Hybrid View

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andreasdevig View Post
    Yes. Thank you for your insight. I have a slightly different perspective, but you sound quite skeptical. "You must believe, Neo." - some quote from some crappy, overrated movie.
    Also, my honest opinion is that it's quite childish and rude to label people 'beta males' and 'alpha males' and so on and so forth.. As you guys are doing here.
    Are you referring to The Matrix (1999)? According to Sidneyeve Matrix, it deliberately played into the ICT industry at a time when computer companies realized the cyberpunk genre would increase their sales.
    In Enneagram alpha/beta matters: which guy do you feel more safe with? the asthenic ectomorph that is integrated into society, has friends or the "anti-social" loner who has no social capital?

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Ohh you meant "beta male" haha okay, difficult to know the difference on a Socionics forum
    Interestingly I don't think he is a "beta male". He stood up for himself and could actually be sort of charming.
    Hm I don't "see self-pres", I just see low sensing, but fair enough.
    I'd have to watch more of him to tell more but the self-pres is apparent in him having a static body position - he doesn't move around a lot, doesn't have wide gesticulations, he's sitting comfortably like a fat toad. Definitely not the Sp/So hypochondriac, contra-flow instead and "beta male" because of his body type and E5 traits. Traits such as: less social flair, less Fe, more cold/theoretical but at the same time "geek" in the sense that he is trying to use his ideas working with the social, in an opportunistic way, has that ENTPish entrepreneurial/brainstormy flexibility.

So/Sp can be socially outspoken, Amal Clooney would be an example of an So/Sp 1 imo, she is an outspoken lawyer. She actually seems more in touch with physical attraction in the way she dresses, but that could just boil down to her being Si ego (whereas Tilda is EII imo). So/Sp individuals, especially with a strong 3 fixation, can try to look sexually attractive in the eyes of society, but there will be a certain lack of fire behind it, it is more like they are bill boards rather than humans of the flesh. That impression is being doubled if the individual is Intuitive, like Tilda. She pretty much comes across more of an "image"/idea than a breathing, living person. She is not corporeal, nor "offensive" like SX tends to be. SX is the most competitive instinct, it will fight against others to breed with what they deem to be "the best" (they can get), and I don't see that fixation being at the forefront for her at all. She seems rather like an individual who would be fine with loose connections. SX seems to be last in her list of priorities.
    With the first part I agree, except that she seems to be more focused, more self-confident, an INFJ/IEI. Each enneatype's sexuality may manifest differently. I haven't binged on Tilda vids but from seeing how assertive she was with Colbert so far, I'd say she's more present, more "on the ball." I can see Tilda wanting really intimate connections on the level of emotions... as an So/Sp 4 myself, she really does intimidate me (I feel like if I stared long into her eyes, I'd unravel). Your idea of an Sx 4 with an 8 fix may be more frequent with sensors. If she had a 1, though, that would answer your feeling her "dry" - sx blind 1s are indeed dry, "sterile." All the variants are different configurations, 4s may not immediately jump to being offensive and competitive since they are primarily a self-surrendering type. Her competitiveness and "offensiveness" I see in her persistence at portraying kooky, out of the world, nutty female characters - it's not just her w5 that reinforces that uncompromise/authenticity but the lack of shame (for a Scottish villager, she had to have more than luck to land on scripts that expected that, so perhaps her willpower also played a part).
    [...]Tilda Swinton strikes me rather as SX last actually, So/Sp 4,[...]
    She wouldn't be acting (4ish roles) if she was "double withdrawn," as you describe 4w5 in your blog. As for offensiveness, in Alain de Botton's case I could find his contra-flow only after hours of binging on his vids. They may show it only sparsely on camera. The previous vid I linked allows, for a brief moment, a glimpse into her inner "unruly, nasty child."

Fair enough. But wouldn't I like your use of Ne more if I was Si dom?
    No..., you wouldn't. DD Ne is supposed to be "all over the place" for those who can't follow it's "train of connecting the dots."
    Last edited by Neokortex; 12-23-2018 at 08:50 PM.
    Except for impaired empathy, an ordinary guy who's looking for down-to-earth, loving, loyal friends and a geeky, warm, voluptuous girlfriend!

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neokortex View Post
    I'd have to watch more of him to tell more but the self-pres is apparent in him having a static body position - he doesn't move around a lot, doesn't have wide gesticulations, he's sitting comfortably like a fat toad. Definitely not the Sp/So hypochondriac, contra-flow instead and "beta male" because of his body type and E5 traits. Traits such as: less social flair, less Fe, more cold/theoretical but at the same time "geek" in the sense that he is trying to use his ideas working with the social, in an opportunistic way, has that ENTPish entrepreneurial/brainstormy flexibility.

With the first part I agree, except that she seems to be more focused, more self-confident, an INFJ/IEI. Each enneatype's sexuality may manifest differently. I haven't binged on Tilda vids but from seeing how assertive she was with Colbert so far, I'd say she's more present, more "on the ball." I can see Tilda wanting really intimate connections on the level of emotions... as an So/Sp 4 myself, she really does intimidate me (I feel like if I stared long into her eyes, I'd unravel). Your idea of an Sx 4 with an 8 fix may be more frequent with sensors. If she had a 1, though, that would answer your feeling her "dry" - sx blind 1s are indeed dry, "sterile." All the variants are different configurations, 4s may not immediately jump to being offensive and competitive since they are primarily a self-surrendering type. Her competitiveness and "offensiveness" I see in her persistence at portraying kooky, out of the world, nutty female characters - it's not just her w5 that reinforces that uncompromise/authenticity but the lack of shame (for a Scottish villager, she had to have more than luck to land on scripts that expected that, so perhaps her willpower also played a part).She wouldn't be acting (4ish roles) if she was "double withdrawn," as you describe 4w5 in your blog. As for offensiveness, in Alain de Botton's case I could find his contra-flow only after hours of binging on his vids. They may show it only sparsely on camera. The previous vid I linked allows, for a brief moment, a glimpse into her inner "unruly, nasty child."

No..., you wouldn't. DD Ne is supposed to be "all over the place" for those who can't follow it's "train of connecting the dots."
    Many men falsely believe that "beta male" boils down to lack of big muscles and being intellectual. That's simply not true. Jordan Peterson isn't a "beta male" either. "alpha" bs "beta" boils down to strength of character for most women, afaik. A guy with muscles can be "beta" if he acts like a "p*ssy" and has no opinions, no boundaries, no self esteem/confidence, is a pushover, acts insecure/needy, etc. Christopher Hitchens does/is none of that, so i think he's not "beta". He might not "look" "Alpha", but his personality and confidence are strong, and he's socially savvy, so women won't think too poorly of him in that respect. But to be fair, I might be biased. Also it's amusing to see that you type him ILE and WSS types him ESI. I think the truth is in the middle: ILI-Te. He even fits "the critic" stereotype.

4w5 can be Social first, which results in an "ambiverted" focus/outlook.

It is not a matter of not comprehending the "dots", but merely not finding them helpful. I find it makes matters too convoluted.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"