Thread: LII-SLI Benefit Relations (INTj & ISTp)

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking only for myself here: I tend to get along alright with SLIs. They're chill people, and they appreciate my interests to some extent. However I do find they don't communicate well or offer much feedback which makes it difficult to form a more solid relationship. In my experience, if anyone in the relationship was to take initiative it would be me. In another case we had a mutual friend and were involved in the same social circles.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@thehotelambush I see your point

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Speaking only for myself here: I tend to get along alright with SLIs. They're chill people, and they appreciate my interests to some extent. However I do find they don't communicate well or offer much feedback which makes it difficult to form a more solid relationship. In my experience, if anyone in the relationship was to take initiative it would be me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    its ok.
    I usually have an instant connection with IEIs. They usually start the conversation, they take initiative to form a relationship immediately after we met. I think each benefit relations can be really deep in a way that couldn't be attained with any other type because of the combination of strong shared functions and complementing forms of cognition (see:http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko). I like the deep intuitive mental connection that I have with IEIs, I wonder is it because Ni-Ti. If so, then maybe a relationship with SLI can offer a tangible mental connection (Si-Ti).

I am curious why LIIs and SLIs can't form close relationships. I am also curious about what I am missing. It is not because we are both logical types. LSIs and ILIs can form a close relationship easily. There were 3 benefit relationship threads that wasn't opened until I did so: SEI-LSI, SLE-ESE and LII-SLI. I think SLE-ESE relationships exist, I assume that thread hasn't opened because of their lack of interest. However, I haven't witnessed any LSI-SEI relationship. As far as I know, Si and Ti bases suck at forming benefit relationships, I am curious why is that so. Ofcourse, I could be wrong, this is just a theory. I want to be wrong

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    @thehotelambush I see your point

I usually have an instant connection with IEIs. They usually start the conversation, they take initiative to form a relationship immediately after we met. I think each benefit relations can be really deep in a way that couldn't be attained with any other type because of the combination of strong shared functions and complementing forms of cognition (see:http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko). I like the deep intuitive mental connection that I have with IEIs, I wonder is it because Ni-Ti. If so, then maybe a relationship with SLI can offer a tangible mental connection (Si-Ti).

I am curious why LIIs and SLIs can't form close relationships. I am also curious about what I am missing. It is not because we are both logical types. LSIs and ILIs can form a close relationship easily. There were 3 benefit relationship threads that wasn't opened until I did so: SEI-LSI, SLE-ESE and LII-SLI. I think SLE-ESE relationships exist, I assume that thread hasn't opened because of their lack of interest. However, I haven't witnessed any LSI-SEI relationship. As far as I know, Si and Ti bases suck at forming benefit relationships, I am curious why is that so. Ofcourse, I could be wrong, this is just a theory. I want to be wrong
    LII and SLI are both introverts with low Fe and deprioritized Se - there really isn't much more to it.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@thehotelambush Yes, I was reading too much into it.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What SLI think and feel about LII's Fe in short and long term? Except Fe seeking part, how do LIIs use their Fe according to SLI's point of view?

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    What SLI think and feel about LII's Fe in short and long term? Except Fe seeking part, how do LIIs use their Fe according to SLI's point of view?
    I only had one negative experience with an LII. He made his problems public. It was a group project and he had a personal beef with an SLI girl and instead of solving the problem by talking to the tutor (head of the group) in private, he preferred to rant about it while others had to listen to him. He took things personally so reasoning with him wasn't possible.

All other LIIs I've known (mostly co-workers and one tutor at uni) were incredible patient. They never made me feel like an idiot - even when I made mistakes. They accepted that I need time to learn and that learning means making mistakes. Even when I had a dozen questions they still listened carefully and answered all my questions competently. They are a lot more indirect with their encouragement than ESEs (calmer, sensible) and I think their Fe it mostly shows in what they didn't do: no passive aggression, no subtle insults or dismissal, acceptance... and one LII was kinda funny. He was a typical nerd with glasses - but muscular! Sometimes he bumped into the doorframe (head in the clouds I guess) and then he took a step back, tuned by 90 degrees and "squeezed" himself through the door (acted as if he's just too big and too muscular to fit properly to the door) - that always made me chuckle