Quote Originally Posted by ajsindri View Post
Reading the seminal texts is vital because they are the basis of socionics. Augusta's Model accepts Jung's 8 types as correct, and then abstracts them into information, which is projected onto the 8 base types, creating 16 types of information metabolism and 16 intertype relations. I think socionics has done a great job explaining the rationale behind its unique advancement to Jungian typology. But if you have issue with the 8 information elements, you have to show that either the information abstractions, or Jung's original 8 base functions are incorrect. To do that, you have to read and understand Psychological Types, and that may also mean reading Jung's inspirations, especially Schopenhauer's World as Will and Representation, depending on the depth you want to understand these concepts at.

Especially if you haven't read Psychological Types, of course this doesn't make sense to you, because you're not educated. I have done the research, but I don't have the time to teach you specifically, nor is it my responsibility. Reading these books is a lot of work, and I'm sorry there are not better educational resources available, but having to do your own independent research comes with the territory of pioneering theories.

As far as I can tell, the reasoning is solid, and besides, it still needs to be demonstrated empirically. So in either case, the solution is fair scientific tests. Any social construction or archetypal forms should be observable in the data. We can't argue it out, the only way to settle this is to do the tests.
I have read both those works, and re-read the bit you referenced of Schopenhauer. Jung and Schopenhauer are not known for their emphasis on making falsifiable predictions.