Thread: What time do you wake up, usually?

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default What time do you wake up, usually?

...and why?

You can share about the types you interact/have interacted personally.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This is probably just a work/school schedule thing. I set my alarm for 5 and usually crawl out of bed about 15 minutes later. I wake up not much later on weekends habitually. I do like waking up early out of choice, too, though. Fresh starts and coffee.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm up early every morning. It varies a bit, but I don't sleep in after 7 am. It makes me all drowsy and energy-less for the rest of the day. I like to have a cup of green tea and be zen before I do anything. Like start the day by feeling good about myself. I really enjoy that. I also like going for a walk and reading the paper afterwards. These are things I do just to feel like my day has started. I don't like feeling busy at all. I just like taking things slow, following my morning routine. I've started a strict diet for my eating disorder, so I'll be having breakfast too, every day from now.

My dad, some kind of INTx is earlier than I am. He's always up when I'm up. I once woke up at 4 am and he was already up. I never know what he does that early in the morning either. I think he works out too. He's diabetic and he pays a lot of attention to his health. He also watches a lot of news TV in the morning. I personally don't like the sound of the TV that early.

My mom wakes up if she has to do something, otherwise she can sleep in pretty late. I don't really know what her routine is, since it's not really consistent. I have had her previously as EII, but I think ESI works a bit better. It's hard to tell because I don't know her well enough.

My brother is SLE, he has a hard time waking up early lol. He needs to be dragged out of bed and has always been like that. If we go to wake him up, he would be like "five more minutes." On days off he can sleep till noon, but if he sleeps in that late, it's usually because he did some strenuous physical activity the day before.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Weekdays because of work: i usually woke up: well, ok, average time is 8am.

Weekends is like 9:30am. Depends what time i sleep. Like i like to get well rested and to have a sleeping hours atleast 7.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The reason i wanna wake up early during weekends is in order to fully utilize my day. And not feel like it just pass. I wanna be productive every single day 😊

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My sleep is all over the fucking place. Sometimes I'll sleep from like 4:00PM to 8:00PM, stay up til 4:00am then go back to sleep til I need to go back to work. Other times I'll stay up all night then sleep to like 1:00pm. And then other times I'll just sleep at night like normal poeple do. I'll sleep when I feel like it.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very inconsistent. I work till 4 am and will go to bed between 6 am and 1 pm wake up between noon and 7 pm. I sleep between 4 and 10 hours. I would love to be a morning person but I'm definitely not. If I get high in the middle of the day (which I avoid) I usually take a nap before work but otherwise I rarely nap.
    7w6 9w1 2w3 sx/? RLUAI(rl|U|ai)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try to get up before sunrise - which is around 7am here - to pray.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6:30 usually, during the summer a bit earlier, around 6.
    Waking up before 6 makes me cranky.
    During the weekend - depends when I went to bed
    I need my 7 hours of sleep a day otherwise I don´t feel well
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I hate waking up early (5,6,7 am) because I got sleepy just 2 or 3 hours later and for the rest of the day. It's ridiculous.
    Also I need to eat more.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had no obligations, I would just stay up until odd hours of the night, obsessing over whatever held my interest.

An old roommate of mine compared me to a bear because I "hibernated", which was a result of being nocturnal.

But eventually the circadian rhythm rotates back to be diurnal again and the cycle repeats.

No schedule left to my own devices.
    Last edited by Desert Financial; 10-25-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't hold a consistent sleep schedule, and it terrorizes me a bit. I become desperate when i lack sleep, but i never do go to bed...

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscientiousness

Correlates with a preference for rational functions. Largely .

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually get up at 7AM on days that I have to go to university, but on days that I don’t I tend to do pretty much whatever I want and there was actually an extensive period this summer where I almost completely reversed night and day: slept during the day, stayed up on nights, usually studying. On these days I try to watch myself however, because staying awake until 3AM, despite trying to sleep (because my body has gotten used to a fucked up schedule), and then having to wake up at 7 is awful.

I typically need between 6 and 8 hours of sleep - any less than 6 usually makes me feel like I want to murder everyone and then myself, and like the logical circuits in my brain have been clogged up with mustard. I used to need much less when I was younger, but I guess I also needed my brain less back then.

(Still, didn’t stop me yesterday from reading about Francis Bacon paintings until 2AM for no reason, and today was a university day.)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ah, @A Moderator has found my classification ⨪ my :Fi skills are still truly impeccable. It is so weird when some people can take weird interaction so hard while I find their ass kissery even more insulting. Not that I refer to this special instance, may I remind all of you ̣̣̣- my partners in crime ̣ - which means that I have no clue of what I'm taking about due to Fi (from multiple angles).

To the question: When there is nothing in the morning it depends on when I go to bed. I usually sleep for 6-8 hours.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Around 5:30 am. I have to be at work by 7.

I am always tired in the morning. I don't know what to do about it. I always go to bed too late, I need about 10 h of sleep.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a hunch that my psyche would utterly crumble if I had to live a super routine life for any extended period of time.

I remember I would ALWAYS feel tired in school as a kid. Mornings were sensorically painful for me, and still are sometimes now too.

I hate doing things like sleep and eat according to other people’s schedules or societal norms.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

M-F my alarm is set for 7am, but I always press snooze once and end up waking up around 7:12 to get everyone up and ready for school. Sometimes when I get back I'll crawl back into bed and sleep for another hour or two more. Sometimes I stay awake. On the weekends I sleep in until I can't sleep anymore, which varies. But it's always between 8:30am & 10am. When I was younger, it was even longer. I never made any classes before 10am in college or I'd end up not going and have to drop the class. I'd take all the 7pm classes I could. Getting up before 6:30am is hell for me. I usually go to bed after 11, almost always, unless I'm sick. The latest I stay up is 2am, but it's rare for me to stay up that late anymore. It's usually 12:30am or 1am now. I've always slept in. My sister and bro-in-law used to come visit and I'd still be sleeping at 10:30am. They'd go on about how I was still sleeping. I'm weird about my sleep. I like to sleep and I need a lot of it or I'm very cranky. Waking up early makes me start dragging around 3pm big time. Also, I've never been able to take naps in the middle of the day, so once I'm up after 9:30ish, I'm up.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Ah, @A Moderator has found my classification ⨪ my :Fi skills are still truly impeccable. It is so weird when some people can take weird interaction so hard while I find their ass kissery even more insulting. Not that I refer to this special instance, may I remind all of you ̣̣̣- my partners in crime ̣ - which means that I have no clue of what I'm taking about due to Fi (from multiple angles).
    What does this mean?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It takes me a while to get ready and I have a tendency to get morning depression so I set a routine pretty early before I start the day

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    What does this mean?
    My words exactly.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers