Hybrid View

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    People with ADD often or usually (?) can focus well, sometimes better than other people (hyperfocus), but only if they are truly interested in the thing focused on.
    Based on that definition ADD also applies to me... because I've a hard time keep focused on tasks I have to do but not really being interested in. ...but I'm interested in a lot of things, so I can focus if I want to.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Based on that definition ADD also applies to me... because I've a hard time keep focused on tasks I have to do but not really being interested in. ...but I'm interested in a lot of things, so I can focus if I want to.
    Is it a severe enough problem to cause you significant distress, such as doing a job or going to school?
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it a severe enough problem to cause you significant distress, such as doing a job...
    It depends on the jobs. If the task are mentally challenging then I can focus without a problem. Tasks that I perceive as boring are problematic for me.

...or going to school?
    I'm way out of the age for the basic school education. More likely for me to be a teacher than a student.
    And I guess that 4 of 5 members of this board are younger than I'm.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    It depends on the jobs. If the task are mentally challenging then I can focus without a problem. Tasks that I perceive as boring are problematic for me.

I'm way out of the age for the basic school education. More likely for me to be a teacher than a student.
    And I guess that 4 of 5 members of this board are younger than I'm.
    It sounds like you are opbored by things that do not engage your intellect and that this may fall within the range of normal.

If there are things you need or want to do and consistently cannot, in a way that causes you distress or that prevents you from functioning in life in the way you need to, and you have other symptoms of ADD as well, it is more possible it could have clinical significance.

Imo. Not a doctor.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like you are opbored by things that do not engage your intellect and that this may fall within the range of normal.
    I agree with you in this point, but the difference might be the more you value intuition to sensing the more you value introspection... and while introspecting you pay less attention to what's happening around you in the real world.

ADD might simply be the preference to follow own instincts... I wonder if ADD can also aply to types with -ego. is an introspecting function, either.

My hypothesis:
    ADD and ADHD might be caused by an imbalance of an extraverted perception function and an introverted judgement function.

If there are things you need or want to do and consistently cannot, in a way that causes you distress or that prevents you from functioning in life in the way you need to, and you have other symptoms of ADD as well, it is more possible it could have clinical significance.

Imo. Not a doctor.
    I'm not a doctor either, but I agree with you in this matter.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 10-10-2018 at 08:27 PM.

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)