Thread: What do ESFjs and ISFps think of "Caregiver" type descriptions?

Hybrid View

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@mrrrmaid oh yeah and I thought of one more thing. It's at the bottom of the post

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    @mrrrmaid oh yeah and I thought of one more thing. It's at the bottom of the post
    ooooh this is actually really helpful because it took me a while to figure out what I'd do in that situation so I had to dig deep.

I think in a LTR I wouldn't let him embarrass himself if I knew his plan was going to fail (maybe wouldn't stop him doing the thing but would try to suggest ways to avoid failing) and if he did fail my help would be in the form of a pep talk (less "it's okay, I love you and think you are great regardless" and more "it's okay because next time you can do this instead") and build an action plan with him instead. All of which seems more Ni-Se than Si-Ne. I think I already mentioned either in this thread or to you in a different one that a previous bf complained I didn't reassure him enough (even going as far as to say he wasn't sure I even liked him anymore - which I did). I assumed he was more capable and self-assured than he was. I think he was a caregiver and a lot of it was coming from me not showing appreciation for what he was doing for me - hence why he also suggested I was bratty
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrrrmaid View Post
    ooooh this is actually really helpful because it took me a while to figure out what I'd do in that situation so I had to dig deep.

I think in a LTR I wouldn't let him embarrass himself if I knew his plan was going to fail (maybe wouldn't stop him doing the thing but would try to suggest ways to avoid failing) and if he did fail my help would be in the form of a pep talk (less "it's okay, I love you and think you are great regardless" and more "it's okay because next time you can do this instead") and build an action plan with him instead. All of which seems more Ni-Se than Si-Ne. I think I already mentioned either in this thread or to you in a different one that a previous bf complained I didn't reassure him enough (even going as far as to say he wasn't sure I even liked him anymore - which I did). I assumed he was more capable and self-assured than he was. I think he was a caregiver and a lot of it was coming from me not showing appreciation for what he was doing for me - hence why he also suggested I was bratty
    Ohhh okay 'Building an action plan' - I see EIEs as masters of this, especially in the ethical sphere of relations...social variables...etc.
    (less "it's okay, I love you and think you are great regardless" and more "it's okay because next time you can do this instead")
    Yup, I'm definitely more of the former, and only the latter if he expresses dismay over his loss.

Ahhh bummer, I could see a caregiver and a victim having problems like that. Especially a caregiver man and victim woman, dunno why.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mrrrmaid When reading Socionics descriptions of romantic styles, it is best to take them with a grain of salt. The names in particular tend to leave people with the wrong impression.

The general idea to be gleaned from the Caregiver style descriptions is that Si-ego types will tend to pay attention to practical needs in a relationship (as said above). One can see how this impulse could grow in intensity, and how stereotypical "doting grandmother" behavior could arise from such an impulse, but this would represent an extreme case.

In any case, I am quite sure that most people seeking a healthy relationship would not want to be wholly dependent or depended on.