Thread: What do ESFjs and ISFps think of "Caregiver" type descriptions?

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrrrmaid View Post
    One of the things that makes me hesitant to accept an alpha SF typing, and also feel a little sick , is descriptions of caregivers in romantic relationships. But I'm aware that these descriptions might be a little outdated / made for a different culture to mine. So I wanted to hear how you think of caregivers (particularly alpha caregivers but also in general). Both general descriptions plus irl experience welcome.

First person who mentions cooking and cleaning up after a manchild husband gets an elbow drop to the face
    As others have already said, being attentive to your own and others' practical needs is an essential part of who Alpha SFs (and Si egos more generally) are. This can lead to being doting in relationships of course, whoever the other person is. It is not about "protecting" someone either.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrrmaid View Post
    @Troll Nr 007
    Definitely histrionic / narcissistic. Exhibitionism, provocative behaviour, attention-seeking for the former, over confidence, fantasies of success, need for admiration for the latter. If I'm flirting it's actually very focused on me and how I come across. Lots of provocative behaviour and showing off. Demanding he keep up with me and getting a kick out of it (though also disappointment) if he can't. Which makes me think I'm more on the victim / aggressor "gauntlet throwing" axis.
    Edit: though I do then switch in a gentler mode once I've won. I guess I like to know he's worth something, then beat him, then switch to being receptive and (emotionally) caregiving in the form of compliments and cheering him up.
    Is this a description of you? I'm getting the sense that you aren't as averse to conflict and negativity as you described in your video...if you really can't identify with "Caregiving" then EIE could be an option.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^ going to respond to this in my type me thread because everything I have to say is about me rather than Alpha SF.

Although OP was about helping me understand caregiving this thread can totally just be about how great caregivers are if anyone feels like bragging
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher