Thread: Feather's typing thread (Near-anniversary edition)

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    Yeah, young love is "young" because of its innocence. If you manage to find that innocence later in life, or carry it with you, then you'll have a young love.
    I don't think you will find "innocence" later in life. You might, however, find someone you can believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I don't think you will find "innocence" later in life. You might, however, find someone you can believe in.
    i first came across the phrase '' to keep your disposition shiny keep your expectations tiny'' in a post of yours. aren't expectations and beliefs the same thing?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche the Child View Post
    i first came across the phrase '' to keep your disposition shiny keep your expectations tiny'' in a post of yours. aren't expectations and beliefs the same thing?
    I think of “innocence” as being a lack of experience. As you accumulate experiences, you begin to have expectations for the way things will turn out. Depending on what kind of experiences you have had, you might begin to expect either bad or good.

I think that “beliefs” are separate from expectations. You might have experienced a lot of bad, but still remain hopeful because you believe that people are intrinsically good.

*EDIT*
    Oh, and that phrase was just something I made up to entertain an IEE-Ne, who was complaining that everything she did was stymied by idiots.
    I actually have very high expectations for myself, although I don’t always meet them.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    It's because people misunderstand what innocence really means. I don't mean chastity. I mean continuously experiencing things and receiving them with a childlike joy. Then you'll never take them for granted. It will be like Christmas morning.