Thread: Feather's typing thread (Near-anniversary edition)

Hybrid View

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
    @Xaiviay, yes I'm not entirely in the loop when it comes to the base Fi "cleric" look. I've heard horror stories of Fi doms being able to topple kingdoms and shatter the minds of weak men and women alike with their didact-ish attitude. I'm more "chillax" when it comes to it, up to a point.
    I think Ne is fucking awesome. Why? Because Terry Pratchett, that's why. More so, most of the media that I seem to enjoy has a Ne-heavy vibe. Bryan Fuller's shows, who are among my favourite series, are a Ne fest, especially the Fullerverse shows (Wonderfalls, Pushing daisies, dead like me). Wes Anderson, one of my favourite directors also has a way of making even Si look cool, with all the symmetrical shots, but I appreciate the sincerity in the character-building visible in his movies: It's so unlike the dramatic hollywoodianism that we are used to nowadays, it's a welcome breath of fresh air.

Te is something that I'm surely skeptical of. Being an IEE would mean I have Te HA, something which I'm not that sure of.

Also, WOAH, an actually-cool lookalike? For me? You're too kind, silkie.
    Hmmm, hello Feathers, have you considered being a sensor much, before? Do you have any thoughts on why you would/wouldn't be a sensor? I'm only asking because your IM values seem to point to Alpha Quadra, and you seem like a feeler.

I understand why most people don't like thinking about being a sensor, but try to keep in mind that not all the stereotypes associated with sensors are accuratelol

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    Hmmm, hello Feathers, have you considered being a sensor much, before? Do you have any thoughts on why you would/wouldn't be a sensor? I'm only asking because your IM values seem to point to Alpha Quadra, and you seem like a feeler.

I understand why most people don't like thinking about being a sensor, but try to keep in mind that not all the stereotypes associated with sensors are accuratelol
    I have considered ESI and SEI before, oui. But quickly gave those two up. As for counter-arguments there aren't a lot, except for... me not being a sensor.

Seriously though, I don't even know where to start. I get Se-punched (by more Se people) and Si-reassured (like i said, I don't know crap about taking care of myself beyond a basic level, plus the hypochondria-which-isn't-that-bad-but-still-a-big-deal)

Just yesterday i got Se-smacked by my own mother AND someone from the internet too. Mother said, after tge incident i told shoutbox about, that i need to be "more belligerent if i want to succeed in life". The internet person agreed and said i find excuses for myself way too easily.

There's nothing wrong with being a sensor, I love you guys/gals. But being a sensor that doubts his very essence, his base and/or creative? That's a bit odd.

EDIT: when i walk, my body movements feel as if controlled. There is no ease in my motion and WHAT AM I EVEN SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MY HANDS? My dad used to make fun of me for walking like a druggie/robot all the time. I've had an IEE and LIE asure me that's shitty Si: feeling out of place in your own body, sometimes.
    Last edited by Chthonic Daydream; 09-18-2018 at 03:53 AM.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
    I have considered ESI and SEI before, oui. But quickly gave those two up. As for counter-arguments there aren't a lot, except for... me not being a sensor.

Seriously though, I don't even know where to start. I get Se-punched (by more Se people) and Si-reassured (like i said, I don't know crap about taking care of myself beyond a basic level, plus the hypochondria-which-isn't-that-bad-but-still-a-big-deal)

Just yesterday i got Se-smacked by my own mother AND someone from the internet too. Mother said, after tge incident i told shoutbox about, that i need to be "more belligerent if i want to succeed in life". The internet person agreed and said i find excuses for myself way too easily.

There's nothing wrong with being a sensor, I love you guys/gals. But being a sensor that doubts his very essence, his base and/or creative? That's a bit odd.

EDIT: when i walk, my body movements feel as if controlled. There is no ease in my motion and WHAT AM I EVEN SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MY HANDS? My dad used to make fun of me for walking like a druggie/robot all the time. I've had an IEE and LIE asure me that's shitty Si: feeling out of place in your own body, sometimes.
    Oh I see. Well ummm...I haven't been good at taking care of myself until I had to learn how (major health problems caught up with me). Because my Si just wants to find pleasure and doesn't necessarily care if it's healthy or not I know lots of sensors that are awkward in their bodies, too, me included (mostly when I was a teen, though). It doesn't come easily to all of us to be graceful/coordinated.

Your sense of aesthetics seems to be really good, since we all like your avatars.

But still, these characteristics you brought up may be pretty solid telling points. You do give a pretty strong impression of being an intuitive type. I just wanted to propose the idea since it's not always that obvious (it took me a whole year to realize I was a sensor, and other MBTI fans didn't see it, either. Since I wasn't exactly exercising my natural strengths during that period of my life) and see what thoughts you had about it...

Well your type is an enigma. Someone on this forum brought up that you can be one quadra with aspirations that are stereotypically associated with a different quadra, but you still try to achieve those values in a way that's natural to your prefered IMs. So you could be Beta with Alpha ideals, or Gamma with Beta ideals, etc. Dunno if this helps~
    There's nothing wrong with being a sensor, I love you guys/gals.
    Edit: And thanks ^_^ I feel the love!