Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Feather's typing thread (Near-anniversary edition)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understandable, I wasn't doubting Ne lead and I honestly haven't watched Babs videos in a while. I'm just doubting the validity of some claims that someone is an intratim or extratim based on their videos. There is really so much we can ascertain through videos anyway and I personally think they aren't the greatest way to type someone and that someone can come off unnatural/know their being watched/critiqued. Still, pairing it with body language and VI is still much stronger in typing than text questionnaires alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inguz View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but it was not the confidence in front of the camera that made me say Ne lead. I'd go into more detail, but it seems uncalled for.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tl;dr

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EXCELLENT self-analysis. Well reasoned and supported. Eloquently stated and full of heart. Bravo, young sir.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to hug you @Baboooshka

Also, I sometimes have the issue with potentially being Ne dom as well, for example, when an ILE asks me to a "pun-off" lol. There are, indeed, flavors though...still, I think you probably have to be certain of the core before addressing the flavors. Core comes first.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ooooh I particularly like the bit about your zaniness being an Fe creative thing rather than an Ne lead thing. Yeah I think that sounds legit. I think a lot of the jokes in your video seem more Fe than Ne.

And that cafe was fucking sad lol. No si and no fe. and zizzi's had no te: completely inefficient.

I like the IEI-Fe typing and hope you find peace with it Also you used the Star Wars P&P example as evidence against Te but also that could be evidence for an aversion of Ne zaniness (or at least, zaniness for the sake of zaniness). I struggle with off-the wall stuff like that too - not because I struggle to understand it but just uuuugghhh why are we doing it
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it’s much more likely for an Fe base to be “zany” but I don’t see you as EIE or ESE at all. Anyways, I have a question for you: do you relate to this song? If you’re a 4, I’m sure you’ve had some soul crushing, unhealthy moments... and to me this is a great example of unhealthy Ni:

Esp. Ni + Ti
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Very fair points from both @flames and @Inguz on here.
    To Inguz: honestly, yes, I can't deny that there is an inconsistency in my approach to things, not just here, but also in life.

To flames: I gave the song a listen and hmm, not quite my style but I like it. I like a lot of music, although when I sink into melancholy, I can hardly do anything. I just want to be with myself, no music, no nothing. Occasionally, I remember listening to some songs as catharsis, but not often. And my style is not as brutal as it is mystique when it comes to "unhealthy" moments.

One song that I keep listening to and sinking into "*sigh*" moments" lately, is a pretty popish Russian song about unrequitted love. I like the imagery surrounding the song. It compares falling in love to being shipwrecked on an island (or being THE island in the middle of the ocean, not sure). The vocals at the end remind me of a siren's song, so it's fitting. And I won't go into much detail, but I discovered this group when I was trying to light up some romantic fires under me and an exchange student's feet here. It didn't go well and they had returned home; I will never see them again, anyway, but I think this song just reminds me of the whole situation I was in. It's bittersweet.
    Some of the translated lyrics:
    "Well, who knew
    That without drowning
    I would end up on this island
    On the shore, taking care of your hair in waves
    So beautifully covered by the turquoise blanket"
    "The sand is a mockery,
    It is whether gunpowder or sugar"
    "Well who knew, that without drowning
    I would end up on this island
    And not want to split the sea
    In the face of Death, I enjoy the taste of salt"
    The girl's part (the "island" or "ocean")
    "I am tired of repeating
    Silent screams by waves
    Which cover your fingers at night
    And reward you so beautifully
    With my aroma in the air
    Sleep and cry, beautiful stranger
    It will never be too late to drown"

“I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baboooshka View Post
    To Inguz: honestly, yes, I can't deny that there is an inconsistency in my approach to things, not just here, but also in life.
    Gulenko makes a point about how IEEs are inconsistent to the degree that it's consciously done so, and that only SLIs will not see it as an issue. Hyperbole most likely, but still, that's a strong voice for IEE on its own.

Truth be told, you seem negatively affected by going back and forth in your mind and in your heart over this, so why not do what I did and take a break from socionics for a couple of years and come back when you're even older? Perhaps things will be clearer then. My first and most general advice would be to get a confidant which you trust as a person and trust their knowledge of socionics, but you bounce around on this forum to get your opinion, so I don't know if you have one.

Anyway, whatever you do, I send my best wishes. Feel free to send PMs as well in case there's something you want to talk about.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing is better than getting stoned and playing Skyrim at 7 am.

Oh, wrong thread but too lazy to go to the right one, anyways I think you’re IEE
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, eye contact. I have not really observed it so intently but Ni probably avoids it more than other IE's. Ne probably scans eyes a lot but does not focus on details just takes it in short bursts doing quick guesswork and moves on - let it be eyes or something else.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI, Fe if you want me to use subtypes. I have nothing to lose by sticking to this, and if by a mishap, I prove to have assessed myself wrong, at the age of 25, I'll change it (if I'll still be around by then). If not, that's even better.

Lights out. Any further words are futile. Many thanks to everyone who put up with this heap of existential garbage. You might see me around, voicing myself in Random Thought threads and the chatbox, but not here, not anymore. The video will suffer a vanishing act as well
    If you do want to see my sexy self, there's another thread for that.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamada View Post
    Looks like I won't have to coax you to listen to me at all. but I'm going to have to argue with you to death to make you settle on a type.

Ok my impressions let's see , first when I saw your face I immediately remembered Sigourney Weaver and / or Jesse Eisenberg. Impression confirmed when you took off your glasses .

Soft feminine skin (sorry for that) ,long thin fingers, curly unorganised hair.

Starting the video with a very long rule laying for what to expect to avoid any uncertainty, strong ti.

Very witty humor, loves when someone picks up your spirits, problem with high school,likely bullying, going in tangents and many more.

If I wanted to put a poster on the wall depicting with perfect clarity and absolute certainty what the image of an "LII" an Looks like, it would be your face!!!
    So you came!

I actually smiled reading the whole thing, it's an interesting perspective. LOL, I don't mind the feminine skin part at all, it really is. Am a pale, vampire, yogurt-boi.
    Yeah, the general rule is that my hair is pretty high maintenance and hence I don't bother to arrange it if I don't plan or have to leave the house. Although I should just because it's pretty healthy and helps you get rid of the dead hair that gathers overnight.
    My English teacher told me "Aren't you that guy from Zombieland?" (Eisenberg) some time ago, so the lookalike checks out as well. And he's not the only one- I have posted pictures on a few discord communities and a few others have drawn that comparison too! Granted, not as many see Eisenberg anymore.

Witty humour-- That part made me really happy. One of my best friends (not a friend of mine anymore) out-witted me in every aspect, and I have bent my back over and over again trying to gain reputation and respect in her eyes; For her to see me as a worthy friend. Which isn't a healthy mentality, so no wonder we fell out pretty badly. But I envied her talent in writing satire and caricaturist commentary.

My interests don't lie in any cold, hard, science field. I nearly failed /gymnasium/ because of mathematics, I was literally too dumb to grasp the principles behind certain operations. And don't even get me started on geometry...
    I did get bullied in middle school, 8th grade, and in High School up until the 10th grade or so. But after the first semester, things started to go uphill for me (in my final year, 12th grade now).

Other than that, thanks for taking the time to come here, after all. Glad to be the LII poster boy.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Venus Rose View Post
    I think ILE as well...EII doesn't really make a lot of sense based on the video.

Definitely not EII, but IEE also doesn't seem to fit. My reasons might sound vague or subjective, but I will try my best.

You don't sound like you really care about Fi (morality, maintaining of relationships - specifically closeness and what can break a bond to the point of no return). I am not saying you don't care at all about those things, but your vibe is...shall I say, harsher, than that of a feeler. Also Fi is typically associated with quirky and/or very natural/authentic facial expressions, while Fe is not like that. I didn't see either of those in your video, but I don't sense Fi at all...and I can see Fe valuing.
    Given my interactions with @Feathers, I just do not have the same relation with him as I do with ILEs. First of all, ILEs are very cold and our relationship is very impersonal even if both of us are well intended towards the other. He is very personal with me calls me by the affectionate moniker "Uncle Ave", I do feel like he tries to upkeep the relationship the way a feeler would, which is something that I, despite good intentions, cannot do.

I suggested IEI based on some data I had and while I can still see that working, I am actually leaning Delta NF for Feathers. I do feel like I get alot of over the long run, but I also feel like he initiates contact with me (and others) which is a sign of extroversion.

I currently think IEE is a good fit actually. I prefer EII for him, except he does seem to initiate contact. Initiating contact can be a sx first thing though, so idk.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Given my interactions with @Feathers, I just do not have the same relation with him as I do with ILEs. First of all, ILEs are very cold and our relationship is very impersonal even if both of us are well intended towards the other. He is very personal with me calls me by the affectionate moniker "Uncle Ave", I do feel like he tries to upkeep the relationship the way a feeler would, which is something that I, despite good intentions, cannot do.

I suggested IEI based on some data I had and while I can still see that working, I am actually leaning Delta NF for Feathers. I do feel like I get alot of over the long run, but I also feel like he initiates contact with me (and others) which is a sign of extroversion.

I currently think IEE is a good fit actually. I prefer EII for him, except he does seem to initiate contact. Initiating contact can be a sx first thing though, so idk.

I can't believe you actually changed your name into that, you beast. I'm flattered.
    Yeah, sx does seem to be a huge thing for me. I have had a lot of discussions about connection, chemistry in relationships and such with a certain forum member on here. I think it's a big part of who I am but at the same time, I don't think it's overshadowing the other aspects. But it's huge (see the above comment about dipping-my-Fi-biscuit-into-others' milk jug to see if they're okay with it). Takin that into account, I don't think an EII's Fi is that flexible, I feel like it's more deeply nuanced than mine but more stable. So IEE would work yes.

and here's the BUT: I still have a hard time seeing how certain aspects of the IEE type come into play when it comes to me. One of them being duality (dun dun dun). So, SLIs, I'm sorry if you think I'm not IEE, I'm just as embarrassed by it as you are. But hope is not lost yet, you can still prove that I'm not one.
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Venus Rose View Post
    How do you feel about IEE's duality with SLI (or LSE's with EII - whichever type you are looking at currently)?
    Good question-- Mainly because I don't even know. I have mentioned having poor personal experience when it comes to any kind of ITRs, duality included, before. One of my biggest peeves is being patronized. I don't know if this is bad prejudice/bad rep, but I've heard Delta STs are the queens of patronizing and have gold medals in the field. Will read up to refresh my memory on material about both duality relationships and will edit this post soon enough, but I am a bit caught in schoolwork today.
    Clarice Lispector

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

when he puts on the glasses this adds +10 to T
    good way to improve T region of F types. mb recommended for usage during arguing so arguments looked better

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    @Baboooshka Hey you.
    I saw you on here a few days ago.
    Umiii.
    Clarice Lispector

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567