Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Feather's typing thread (Near-anniversary edition)

Hybrid View

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debated between INFx before. Think IEI now; eyes and speech patterns suggest Dynamic type.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Baboooshka - maybe it would be worth a look at what this "Ni/Se mindset" is, put in non-socionics terms, even everyday language if possible. It would be far more enlightening than if we keep calling it Ni/Se and it could tell you useful stuff about yourself or about other people.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know who Umi is.
    I actually deleted the post trying to be sneaky, but... Whatever. I will read through this now

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Spare your virgin eyes the torment of doing such a thing.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from the video:

-I think you're Ne valuing over Ni
    -you look so much different without your glasses I was like whoa what when you took them off hahaha
    -"let's go straight to the questions" after 3 minutes of talking about literally nothing important lmfao
    -definitely F>T, you accentuate your relationships with some of the people on the forum in a way that seems Fi to me
    -instead of talking about why Neil Gaiman inspires you, you branched off and started talking about the book and TED talks which might inspire others. not a directly observable link to the question, although when you trace it back the connection is obvious, so this erratic way of answering the question suggests Ne to me. you're talking about how you found out about him now how's that related smh just move on Ne valuers goddamnit

I stopped watching the video here. I'm sorry. anyway, I'm being largely unhelpful, but from my interactions with you I think you're 1) not IEI 2) not Se valuing, although I can't really give proof for that other than the fact that i just haven't seen you appreciate anything Se. As for IEE vs EII, I could see an argument for EII on grounds of you being very aware of where you stand with people and what you want out of relationships. I also think you're Fe ignoring rather than Fe demo lol. and I dunno about Ti vs Te because we haven't talked about that stuff eyyyy lol

Spare your virgin eyes the torment of doing such a thing.
    Too late

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE!

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Baboooshka: I've watched your video

IEI, very sure about it.

you kinda look like a young version of Neil Gaiman tbh. that guy seems like an IEI to me too based on a first impression (it's interesting that he's a friend of Alan Moore, who is an ILI). Ni leading types often feel a strong connection towards each other. I'm a huge fan of comics and I even have a list of my favorite 150 works, maybe it's of interest to you. I plan to read Sandman sometime in the future.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/soundofconfusion/comics/

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input, @soundofconfusion! Very much appreciated. I must say that I have never been a fan of comic books, but the Sandman series had a mistifying quality to it which touched me in ways that no other comics ever have. I also don't want to derail, but since we got on to Neil Gaimaning in here: What do you think of his wife's, Amanda Palmer, type?

She is ENFx IMO

Ahh, I have promised Alonzo an explanation that's more worthy of his well-thought out posts, but I have failed him, and this isn't the first time. The truth is that I wrote a reply just a little over a week ago, but I ended up deleting it thinking that "it's such bullshit, it should not be on here."
    IOU!
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've already typed her, she's an SLE.

funny, they might be in a dual relationship then.

TIM
    EII-Fi, 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched your video and skimmed this thread.

EII-Ne is going to be my initial typing for you.

As a Harmonic-EII I've often considered the idea of myself being IEI in the past as I've seen some on here mention you to be. Here's my notes...

• Establishes video with -Si discomfort. Not comfortable on camera or confident in his presentation. (PoLR Se?)
    • Rehearsing and preparing before last video, practicing in front of the mirror. (Rational?)
    • Problems with school.
    • Believes in God(s) but not in church or belief systems. References Wicca. Likely reads into alternative ideas. (Delta, -Ne?)
    • Very quick to feel like he's rambling, starting with an idea and not finishing it. Picking it up again, going back rather than moving on. (Rational?)
    • "Doesn't care about politics" yet holds silent political opinions referring to a 'witch hunt' which goes against the wave of revolutionary change. (1D Se refusal to action or engagement?)
    • Trouble with business and work. Can't handle stressful work environments. Struggles to establish comfort. (Si hidden agenda?)
    • Expects others to be half-decent. Talks about not judging people based on first meeting but says it would be hypocritical because he does this. The way this is spoken upon, it seems that he's been wronged or hurt. On the surface this seems -Fi to constrict judgment towards certain people of particular interests. Is there trauma here? (-Fi or +Fi?)
    • Doesn't do well in teams and groups. (Introvert)
    • Planning things and not finishing them, "time is like money".
    • Preoccupied with stressing over dealing with people at school, skimming over work, worrying about health. (Si hidden agenda?)
    • Likely seeks Si to allow for better time-management and less occupation with worrying over his troubles and potential issues.

4w3 would make sense for IEE-Ne as well. I'd say either IEE-Ne or EII-Ne.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder how I would be typed if I wore my glasses. Personally, I think they make me look like an egghead.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not fully sure of your type yet. If it helps, I feel like we have a good chemistry which might point to some quadra or type compatibility. But in your video, I see some characteristics of Ne: the darting eyes, and the speech. But at the same time, I see a natural expression of Fe that I wouldn’t expect from Fe ignoring. You can really project your voice, and you have good body language. I’m gonna admit I skipped forwards and backwards through the video and wasn’t paying much attention to what you were saying, but I do more typing from how somebody talks and looks more than from what they’re saying.

Will come back to this

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally think you’re IEI final and confirm. @inaLim said too that you remind him of a kindergarten best friend. Same for me too. Instantly feel 1000x better talking to you about real life issues. I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, we barely interacted after kindergarten though so I doubt that we were duals.

@sbbds Did you get a chance to see the video he added to OP? I second many of @toska's observations. He seems Ne ego, rational, with extremely good recall of autobiographical minutiae, comments on his comfort, lots of clear declarations. Wicca, constant meme references, fanatical love of Neil Gaiman smells Ne/Si to me. I think he's a static type and it would be a different IR in person. If forced to pick, rn I'd say EII.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    Lol, we barely interacted after kindergarten though so I doubt that we were duals.

@sbbds Did you get a chance to see the video he added to OP? I second many of @toska's observations. He seems Ne ego, rational, with extremely good recall of autobiographical minutiae, comments on his comfort, lots of clear declarations. Wicca, constant meme references, fanatical love of Neil Gaiman smells Ne/Si to me. I think he's a static type and it would be a different IR in person. If forced to pick, rn I'd say EII.
    I see. Yeah I’ve ridden the Feathers Delta NF train for a while and have seen a lot of him and gone back and forth, but I for one am sure my friend was an IEI and it’s just too similar. The pattern of interaction, visuals, everything.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't understand EII typings, I see a good quality of Fe. Ignoring function is 3D but it is not that visible, one person's role function can be much more apparent than his/her ignoring function.

If a person looks introvert and displays Ne, Fi in your point of view, there are other IEs to consider, that person can't be automatically EII.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@flames

I demand answers.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baboooshka View Post
    @flames

I demand answers.
    I still have no definite answer yet. We’re both still developing personality wise, it may take some time. I am kinda liking Delta NF more so far, as much as I want you in beta. But I still see a lot of Fe... So I’m not reaching any conclusions yet. I don’t have any long winded reasons for this.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think you fit well in IEE harmonizing subtype description. That is like you are blending two opposite temperaments together. You have dualized with yourself. This type in the most classical socionics might be considered as IEI.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    I think you fit well in IEE harmonizing subtype description. That is like you are blending two opposite temperaments together. You have dualized with yourself. This type in the most classical socionics might be considered as IEI.
    I have become my own dual. Now I really am independent and strong, I guess.
    Wow.
    I don't feel too powerful, but it's reassuring.
    Clarice Lispector

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have become my own dual. Now I really am independent and strong, I guess.
    Wow.
    I don't feel too powerful, but it's reassuring.
    Or independent and bipolar. Whatever suits you.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I have become my own dual.
    You may introject your dual personality and so to pay more of the attention on your weak regions. Your type will be reducing and may disappear when both functions become equally presented in the consciousness. It's doubtful you'll change the dominant function to become your dual.

> Now I really am independent and strong, I guess.

You'd become stronger in weak regions, got no preferences in which functions to get a support, no preferences for values and no IR related preferences to types to deal with. You'd still was dependent from people's help, but equally in all functions and lesser in case would kept the same level of tasks.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

you remind me a bit of a theatre teacher i had

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    you remind me a bit of a theatre teacher i had
    "A streetcar named babooshka"
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@mu4 I'm writing this at 1 AM and it's much blunter of a request than what I usually do, but could you look into this thread? Not all of it, it would be torture.

I'm slalso not sure if you take requests, so if you don't, oops.
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm not going to overthink this. EIE

Actually I'm not the person who needs to stop overthinking this. EIE often have a hard time typing I've found because they can't stop performing. Please introspect your identity for a change instead of performing for it.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    I'm not going to overthink this. EIE

Actually I'm not the person who needs to stop overthinking this. EIE often have a hard time typing I've found because they can't stop performing. Please introspect your identity for a change instead of performing for it.
    My first instinct on seeing the reply was to link my old thread on here. When I created it, I was a fresh face for the forum, and I knew absolutely no one on here. Their first instinct upon seeing me was EIE. I didn't get well with the idea of myself being EIE, especially not after reading more about what Se Hidden Agenda entails. And there was lots of conflicting information coming in from all sides; people arguing about whether or not raw emotional expresivity is linked to Fe, or whether or not Si PoLR influences one to be a total slob.
    Both were things that I didn't, and will not ever, relate to.

But in medicine schools, they coined the term "Zebra" to describe exotic diagnostics when a more commonplace diagnostic would be the correct answer: "When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses not zebras". It could be that me and many other forum members on here chased zebras until now, if the answer was so simple. And I would be lying if I denied even the slight use of "masquerade" when it comes to my socionics journey. I did try on for wear the types that people have come up with for me, and every single one of them was allocated a certain amount of psychological space and time to exist. I felt like an ILE for a day or two when people brought that up, and I feel like an IEI whenever people bring that up. It's very canrivalesque, in a way, yes.
    But then, is it really an EIE problem, or a me-problem? Because if it's the latter, we're back to square one.

But I'm looking more into EIE as I'm writing this post. The worst part about being EIE is that it means @Number 9 large was right and it sucks.
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My first instinct on seeing the reply was to link my old thread on here. When I created it, I was a fresh face for the forum, and I knew absolutely no one on here. Their first instinct upon seeing me was EIE. I didn't get well with the idea of myself being EIE, especially not after reading more about what Se Hidden Agenda entails. And there was lots of conflicting information coming in from all sides; people arguing about whether or not raw emotional expresivity is linked to Fe, or whether or not Si PoLR influences one to be a total slob.
    Both were things that I didn't, and will not ever, relate to.

But in medicine schools, they coined the term "Zebra" to describe exotic diagnostics when a more commonplace diagnostic would be the correct answer: "When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses not zebras". It could be that me and many other forum members on here chased zebras until now, if the answer was so simple. And I would be lying if I denied even the slight use of "masquerade" when it comes to my socionics journey. I did try on for wear the types that people have come up with for me, and every single one of them was allocated a certain amount of psychological space and time to exist. I felt like an ILE for a day or two when people brought that up, and I feel like an IEI whenever people bring that up. It's very canrivalesque, in a way, yes.
    But then, is it really an EIE problem, or a me-problem? Because if it's the latter, we're back to square one.

But I'm looking more into EIE as I'm writing this post. The worst part about being EIE is that it means @Number 9 large was right and it sucks.
    Welcome to beta bitch

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you consider uploading another video? I know it is burdensome, however, typing material won't be limited to one, new observations an/or patterns could be detected that way.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Do you consider uploading another video? I know it is burdensome, however, typing material won't be limited to one, new observations an/or patterns could be detected that way.
    I really don't want to upload another video, two are already too many for how long this thread has been stretched. Plus, there is no decent place to record myself in my flat.
    I will give the idea some consideration but I'll probably decide upon a firm "No" once I see my face in the computer screen.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a way with words the way Ne users have... Just like that new show ASOUE’s Lemony Snicket. You have this guiding way of talking all points which reminds me of my IEEs primary school teachers story telling.

As for Fi or Ti, I can’t tell because I don’t know male EIIs or IEEs personally. The rambling and the disclaimers at the beginning makes me think Ti but Ne can also be responsible for this.

IEIs speak so slowly and think a lot while they talk... You’re lighter than an average IEI if that’s what you think you are. I remember telling the IEI I talk about about my ‘irresponsible’ habits similar to not watching the news and she doesn’t agree with my reasoning or think it’s funny. Ahhh why are IEIs like that.

I wouldn’t rule out ILE or any of the Ne types : )

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wowowkw I’m reading all the answers and you must be overwhelmed oh dear don’t think anything I say will add to this discussion haha. I feel like Socionics is making it even more complicated, 8 functions and all.

But you must’ve gained some self awareness in the last year, so what do you think? Have you been through situations where you felt like your PoLR Se or Te come up? Think about the way others perceive you, does it line up with your type? Or think about the types your gravitate towards, what are they like?

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am starting to think you and @bouncingoffclouds are identical types ... IEE. You guys are practically twins. You both have very strong Ne and Fe which is bound to cause confusion in your type because of its chameleon nature. I actually feel like EIE is the least likely NF type for both of you, I’m not seeing the EIE suggestion at all. Ne > Fe

Like I said earlier in this thread, I see Ne and Fe in your body language and not much else. Scattered and infantile = not IEI, does not show any signs of Fe ignoring = not EII, does not act like the universe revolves around him = not EIE. Problem solved.

I also want to note how both of you have the same tastes in things.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have a lot in common with Baboosh, no doubt. Love the honesty on EIE just now @flames LOL Scattered and infantile is accurate IEE is also accurate/the closest fit. Baboosh is also a 4 in enneagram which could explain some. It's important to remember that all of the types have a lot of variation. There aren't just 16 exact copies of people roaming the earth. Something someone like @Sol seems to neglect while stating otherwise. It's important to look at the major features and bigger picture, something I don't think someone like Sol is capable of.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it’s more likely bouncing and Feathers are both slightly socially extroverted IEIs (not really much more than say Armalite though, really). And flames SEE. It’s much more contained and easy to follow the thinking of you guys. Flames pretty much only talking about his concrete life shit in here.

4D Ne Fe to me looks like ooo, Spermatozoa, coeruleum instead with the amount of scatteredness, and talk of meta af humanistic theories and feelings. There’s an obvious difference there in the level, when you look at multiple people in a group like this.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post

I think it’s more likely bouncing and Feathers are both slightly socially extroverted IEIs (not really much more than say Armalite though, really). And flames SEE. It’s much more contained and easy to follow the thinking of you guys. Flames pretty much only talking about his concrete life shit in here.

4D Ne Fe to me looks like ooo, Spermatozoa, coeruleum instead with the amount of scatteredness, and talk of meta af humanistic theories and feelings. There’s an obvious difference there in the level, when you look at multiple people in a group like this.
    You might be right. But I don’t see any Ni in either of them tbh. All I see is extroverted playfulness and sort of connecting-the-dot thinking which I associate with Ne. That and neither of them are remotely like Arma or Aylen. Especially Aylen who dives into constant Ni penetration (lol) in her posts, just read her longer ones. They also both clearly embody Ip temperament; I’m aware that there are IEIs who are more socially extroverted but they’re still Ips at the end of the day and the former just don’t have that type of energy.

As for the second part, I agree that ooo is without a doubt IEE but I really fail to see any difference between how me and her talk on here lol. Obviously I talk about what’s going on in my life on here but I take what’s going on in my life and I wax philosophical on it and overthink it. (There is a tonnnn of that in my typing thread, I’m just constantly making connections and asking questions that no one answers ). But idk I think all Se/Ni types have a tendency to look at the concrete and then dig for the deeper meaning underneath. Ne/Si is more like, let me look for all the obvious (to me) associations and then find the hidden concrete underneath. So maybe I am SEE or maybe I’m not -shrug- Just my two cents!

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    You might be right. But I don’t see any Ni in either of them tbh. All I see is extroverted playfulness and sort of connecting-the-dot thinking which I associate with Ne. That and neither of them are remotely like Arma or Aylen. Especially Aylen who dives into constant Ni penetration (lol) in her posts, just read her longer ones. They also both clearly embody Ip temperament; I’m aware that there are IEIs who are more socially extroverted but they’re still Ips at the end of the day and the former just don’t have that type of energy.

As for the second part, I agree that ooo is without a doubt IEE but I really fail to see any difference between how me and her talk on here lol. Obviously I talk about what’s going on in my life on here but I take what’s going on in my life and I wax philosophical on it and overthink it. (There is a tonnnn of that in my typing thread, I’m just constantly making connections and asking questions that no one answers ). But idk I think all Se/Ni types have a tendency to look at the concrete and then dig for the deeper meaning underneath. Ne/Si is more like, let me look for all the obvious (to me) associations and then find the hidden concrete underneath. So maybe I am SEE or maybe I’m not -shrug- Just my two cents!
    I don’t see Babooshka as as energetic as clouds. Also both are still more INxx emo-like to me than extroverted candy-like overall.

I think your talking is 1000x more concrete than ooo’s lol. A lot of people have commented they have no idea what she’s saying.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I don’t see Babooshka as as energetic as clouds. Also both are still more INxx emo-like to me than extroverted candy-like overall.

I think your talking is 1000x more concrete than ooo’s lol. A lot of people have commented they have no idea what she’s saying.
    LMAO
    Yeah I can see how she could be hard to follow for some but I’ve never had an issue
    idk I think voider is a better example of an SEE than me, I don’t feel perfect enough to sit amongst the gamma breadwinners : ‘ (

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    LMAO
    Yeah I can see how she could be hard to follow for some but I’ve never had an issue
    idk I think voider is a better example of an SEE than me, I don’t feel perfect enough to sit amongst the gamma breadwinners : ‘ (
    Pretty sure she’s older than you too and able to have a real job in society lol. If you know an EIE on here who talks about as much concrete Se-focused life stuff as you, you’re welcome to say who.

Sorry to ruin the fun lol. I don’t really care about typology this much. Carry on.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast