Thread: IEE Difficulties SLI and subtype (ENFp and ISTp)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    Yeah, I see what you mean. I personally think the Ne-IEE has the potential to be more introverted than the Fi-IEE based on their subtype. Like I am so last as an sp/sx so I am more likely to be introverted compared to an Fi-IEE so/sx, but of course an Ne-IEE so/sx will be more extroverted than an Fi-IEE sp/sx.
    You could be right, I have the most experiences with Fi-IEE's. I know one girl who is very similar to Elanya and she married an Si-ISTp that i knew. She appeared quite bubbly and scattered and her desk was filled to the brim with trinkets, fish tank, origami figures, photos etc etc. My desk on the other hand was totally empty. lol. While she appeared very interesting and talented i didn't notice that she was noticeably highly intelligent (but perhaps there was lot more depth behind that scattered curiousness than i realized). I would be really interested to meet some more bright Ne-IEE's in person and see what the differences are.

So i started reading about Enneagram (never actually looked into it) after my post and i realized that their behavior could possibly be explained by this. Without knowing much about it Elenya to be seems like a classical type 7 (the Archetypal ENFp) in my mind. Do you think that Ne dominant IEE's would be more likely to be this variant? That would make sense to me but maybe i'm wrong. I don't understand this So/px thing at all so i'll have to look into it, is that more important than the base ennegram type?

Yeah, I think your typings are correct. I noticed the Fi-IEE tended to talk in a more controlled and thoughtful way compared to the Ne-IEE that talked in a way that was more scattered and stream of consciousness, which correlates to the Fi-IEE having a more rational feel due to stronger rational functions and the Ne-IEE having a more irrational feel due to stronger irrational functions.
    I noticed that as well.

Yeah I do the same thing roughly. I take it an extra step sometimes though and let it wander with imagined people and environments that I conjured up in my mind from scratch, kind of like imaginative storytelling with visuals.
    That's really cool, i definitely don't do that. I have never created a fictional landscape like that in my head, the Ne i do have seems to only base itself in reality. I guess I see it as there being almost a passive and and conscious/passive Ne mode. So Ne will always provide information for both of us during the day, but slipping into that dreamy mode is a different step. It almost sounds like what you are doing is mixing your Ni and Ne together?. I'd imagine you might slip into this second mode more than me perhaps. The shower to me is the perfect place for Ne wanderings, i almost go into a trance where i stand there and just give my mind free reign to do whatever it wants. I wonder why that happens, is it related to the pleasure of the shower and Si in some way?

I've actually noticed that when i am stressed/unhappy/bothered i slip more into Ne mode, its when i'm pondering something deeply or cant get something out of my mind that it happens. I saw some friends last night and i was quite present, no particular insights that i noticed. What did seem to happen though is maybe a more subtle use of Ne when i was watching them. An LIE girl was talking about my clothing 'colour type' and saying how green suited me and i was very conscious of her ILI husbands reaction to it all. I seem to pay a lot of attention to facial expressions and what they could potentially mean. I noticed in the past that when i got really anxious i found peoples facial expressions and my sensitivity to it quite unnerving. Id feel wobbly, then id notice how i was ever so slightly effecting their own internal state, this could make me more self conscious and disrupt my state further creating a bit of a feedback loop. Id like to think sometimes my insights about peoples emotions are mostly accurate, but perhaps i'm just a bit nuts. NeFi doesn't mean we can read minds

Do you relate much to that?

Yeah, life is a rollercoaster with many ups and downs and it's always best to enjoy the good times and prepare for the bad times. However, if you work on improving yourself, the good times are more numerous and the bad times are less numerous.
    That's the goal my friend. After reading about Ennegram i had a bit of a shock to my system. I suspect (although secretly hoping this isn't the case) that i am a 4 type. The only strange thing though is i don't relate to the creativity of it at all really. I don't get impulses to create very much at all. So for a day i became upset thinking - ok so i'm probably a type 4 without what seems like the best parts (creativity). Then i started thinking ok but presumably with my extra strong Fi i can reach quite interesting depths of understanding of my emotions etc. The good thing i really liked about Ennegram though is it gives you some hints as to what you can do to grow.

Hey are you an Aussie? I vaguely remember that you were. If you ever come to Adelaide let me know and we can have a beer!
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    You could be right, I have the most experiences with Fi-IEE's. I know one girl who is very similar to Elanya and she married an Si-ISTp that i knew. She appeared quite bubbly and scattered and her desk was filled to the brim with trinkets, fish tank, origami figures, photos etc etc. My desk on the other hand was totally empty. lol. While she appeared very interesting and talented i didn't notice that she was noticeably highly intelligent (but perhaps there was lot more depth behind that scattered curiousness than i realized). I would be really interested to meet some more bright Ne-IEE's in person and see what the differences are.
    Yeah, I think Ne-IEEs can come across as dumber than they really are on first impression because of PoLR and spaceyness, but of course general intelligence is NTR and specific intelligences can be boosted or weakened via type.

So i started reading about Enneagram (never actually looked into it) after my post and i realized that their behavior could possibly be explained by this. Without knowing much about it Elenya to be seems like a classical type 7 (the Archetypal ENFp) in my mind. Do you think that Ne dominant IEE's would be more likely to be this variant? That would make sense to me but maybe i'm wrong. I don't understand this So/px thing at all so i'll have to look into it, is that more important than the base ennegram type?
    I think IEEs in general tend to lean towards 7w6 regardless of subtype, but Ne-IEEs have higher proclivity to it.

That's really cool, i definitely don't do that. I have never created a fictional landscape like that in my head, the Ne i do have seems to only base itself in reality. I guess I see it as there being almost a passive and and conscious/passive Ne mode. So Ne will always provide information for both of us during the day, but slipping into that dreamy mode is a different step. It almost sounds like what you are doing is mixing your Ni and Ne together?. I'd imagine you might slip into this second mode more than me perhaps. The shower to me is the perfect place for Ne wanderings, i almost go into a trance where i stand there and just give my mind free reign to do whatever it wants. I wonder why that happens, is it related to the pleasure of the shower and Si in some way?
    Yeah, I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head here, I can relate to all of this.

I've actually noticed that when i am stressed/unhappy/bothered i slip more into Ne mode, its when i'm pondering something deeply or cant get something out of my mind that it happens. I saw some friends last night and i was quite present, no particular insights that i noticed. What did seem to happen though is maybe a more subtle use of Ne when i was watching them. An LIE girl was talking about my clothing 'colour type' and saying how green suited me and i was very conscious of her ILI husbands reaction to it all. I seem to pay a lot of attention to facial expressions and what they could potentially mean. I noticed in the past that when i got really anxious i found peoples facial expressions and my sensitivity to it quite unnerving. Id feel wobbly, then id notice how i was ever so slightly effecting their own internal state, this could make me more self conscious and disrupt my state further creating a bit of a feedback loop. Id like to think sometimes my insights about peoples emotions are mostly accurate, but perhaps i'm just a bit nuts. NeFi doesn't mean we can read minds

Do you relate much to that?
    Yeah, is often an escape from the trials and tribulations of real life. The issue with this it can make us look spaced out to sensors especially for Ne-IEEs. I can relat to paying extra attention to people's facial expressions to, sometimes it makes me more paranoid than I need to be and other times it is correct.

That's the goal my friend. After reading about Ennegram i had a bit of a shock to my system. I suspect (although secretly hoping this isn't the case) that i am a 4 type. The only strange thing though is i don't relate to the creativity of it at all really. I don't get impulses to create very much at all. So for a day i became upset thinking - ok so i'm probably a type 4 without what seems like the best parts (creativity). Then i started thinking ok but presumably with my extra strong Fi i can reach quite interesting depths of understanding of my emotions etc. The good thing i really liked about Ennegram though is it gives you some hints as to what you can do to grow.

Hey are you an Aussie? I vaguely remember that you were. If you ever come to Adelaide let me know and we can have a beer!
    You can possibly be a 4 or maybe it is just in your tri type rather than being your main enneatype, it's hard to say. I am Canadian btw so unfortunately our meeting can't happen. However, Canadians and Australians are known as being mirror images of each other. Also, if I ever happen to be in Adelaide in the future, I will make sure to give you a shout!
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5