Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: See what Big 5 traits you are visually attracted to!

Hybrid View

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    Well, the fact that many Ti doms liked high agreeableness and were told this was due to their dual seeking function...seemed like associating agreeableness with Fe.
    I tend to agree, even agreeableness also depends on the Enneagramm type.
    Type with -ego can likely be 2 , 3 , 4 , 6 , 9 and there are different the way they utilize

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats emo stability related to in functions? I liked that

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ooo
    Maybe this is what you are looking for.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-correlations

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe/FeNi is the most agreeable by those tabs, ya

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems like emotional stability is the opposite of Ne/Se (=neuroticism)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In case you want to take deeper dive into Big 5 facets should be studied.

https://www.ets.org/s/workforce_read...1332_big_5.pdf
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

male: high extraversion, low conscientiousness =S

oddly enough my prefered composites are High extraversion>Low conscientiousness> High conscientiousness

female: High extraversion > High conscientiousness >Low conscientiousness>

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I “scored” High Agreeableness, Low Conscientiousness, Low Extraversion, Low Emotional Stability and High Openness for the girls, even though I was a little undecided on both Extraversion and Emotional Stability.

Same for the guys, except I preferred High Extraversion and Low Openness.

Apparently I like neurotic, yet agreeable, people.

How do the correlations with Socionics go, exactly?

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Overthinker View Post
    I “scored” High Agreeableness, Low Conscientiousness, Low Extraversion, Low Emotional Stability and High Openness for the girls, even though I was a little undecided on both Extraversion and Emotional Stability.

Same for the guys, except I preferred High Extraversion and Low Openness.

Apparently I like neurotic, yet agreeable, people.

How do the correlations with Socionics go, exactly?
    The thread @WinnieW linked to has some correlations to MBTI, which can give us a general idea: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-correlations
    High agreeableness correlates with feeling
    Low conscientiousness correlates with perceiving (and maybe, irrationality in Socionics)
    Low extraversion correlates with introversion (pretty straight-forward, lol)
    Low emotional stability correlates with extraversion, and somewhat with intuition and thinking (I wasn't expecting that)
    High openness correlates with intuition, low openness correlates with sensing

You prefer my scores when it comes to girls hehe

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looks like I'm attracted to low emotional stability followed by high agreeableness.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Ha, interesting. Preferences:
    Low agreeableness, high conscientiousness, low extroversion, high emotional stability, low openness. High emotional stability was the most attractive.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^Sounds like an LSI.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think in actuality, I need high openness. I can have a visceral attraction to people with low openness for sure, but in my experience I lose patience with them in relationships and im sensitive and defensive towards them them perceiving me as weird for having unconventional interests and stuff. I feel more fulfilled and have more fun with people who have openness at least as high as mine. The rest of the traits seem reasonable.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low emotional stability in women, yup seems about right.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I tried choosing one or the other pictures in the OP's examples, but I kept going back and forth between most of the choices. TBH, I have a hard time seeing huge differences between most of them.

However, IRL, I know what I like.

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I liked the ones from high openness from both sexes. I think it could be correlated to Ne Fi.

Openness is a general appreciation for art, emotion, adventure, unusual ideas, imagination, curiosity, and variety of experience. People who are open to experience are intellectually curious, open to emotion, sensitive to beauty and willing to try new things. They tend to be, when compared to closed people, more creative and more aware of their feelings. They are also more likely to hold unconventional beliefs.
    Was harder to choose women, most seem extremely similar to me.
    "All nations will place their hope in him."
    (Mt 12:21)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Low agreeableness, low extraversion, low openness I was most attracted to.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm confused... Why would I be visually attracted to traits? Traits are part of a personality not an appearance.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malignantwench View Post
    I'm confused... Why would I be visually attracted to traits? Traits are part of a personality not an appearance.
    There's evidence for some correlations between traits and appearance in the paper referenced.

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just found an interesting article with correlations between Openness and Ne types.

Openness, Myers-Briggs/MBTI Intuition, the Big Five, & IQ Correlations

By Dr. A.J. Drenth

The Five-Factor Model, commonly known as “The Big Five,” is the leading academic model of personality. As I have noted elsewhere, the correlations between the Big Five and Myers-Briggs personality dimensions are surprisingly strong. This is particularly remarkable when considering that Jung developed his framework on a completely informal basis, without the aid of the massive data collection and complex statistics that birthed the Big Five.

In this post, we will explore what I feel are some interesting correlations between one of the Big Five’s factors—Openness (sometimes called Openness to Experience)—and the Myers-Briggs preferences. While numerous studies have demonstrated strong correlations between the Myers-Briggs and the Big Five, the material for this post is derived primarily from a large study (over 900 participants) done by Adrian Furnham and colleagues.1 This study compared subjects’ MBTI results with those of the Big Five’s “Revised NEO-Personality Indicator (NEO PI-R).”

The Big Five exhibits many similarities with the Myers-Briggs, with four of its five factors showing strong correlations with certain MBTI preferences. As we will see, Big Five Openness correlates strongly with Myers-Briggs Intuition, moderately with Perceiving and Extraversion, and mildly with Feeling. Based on this, we might suspect ENFPs to be the most open (in the Big Five sense) of the types, with ENTPs earning a close second.

The Openness domain is comprised of six facets—openness to actions, values, feelings, fantasy, aesthetics, and ideas. Before proceeding further, let’s consider the numbers. The following data set uses the typical Myers-Briggs nomenclature of Intuition (N), Perceiving (P), Feeling (F), and Extraversion (E). I’ve also bolded the stronger correlations for emphasis.
    Big Five/NEO PI-R & Myers-Briggs/MBTI Correlations

General Openness (ENP): E=.28, N=.64, F=.13, P=.26

Actions (ENP): E=.33, N=.42, F=-.06, P=.25 Values (NP): E=.13, N=.64, F=.03, P=.26 Feelings (ENF): E=.33, N=.29, F=.20, P=.08 Fantasy (ENFP): E=.18, N=.52, F=.17, P=.30 Aesthetics (NF): E=.15, N=.44, F=.17, P=.08 Ideas (N): E=.07, N=.56, F=.03, P=.14

We will now discuss three of the above subdomains in greater depth: Openness to Actions, Values, and Ideas. We will also consider the relationship between Intuition, Openness to Ideas, and IQ.
    Openness to Actions: Extraversion, Intuition, & Perceiving

According to this study, E, N, and P types are more open to novel actions than I, S, and J types. This squares nicely with what we know about these types, as well as the Extraverted Intuition (Ne) function. As I’ve expressed elsewhere, EPs are novelty-seeking types. They are easily bored and are constantly seeking new and exciting experiences. For some, it may be surprising to learn that ENPs are more open to actions than ESPs are. But this is a testament to the open-minded, “try anything” attitude of Ne. NPs, especially ENPs, are willing to try just about anything once. They are idiosyncratic, unconventional, and willing to take risks for the sake of excitement or inspiration. Such types are well-described by the Enneagram Seven (7).
    Openness to Values: Myers-Briggs Intuition & Perceiving

Openness to values speaks to one’s openness to diverse values as well as openness to change. This facet has been associated with working memory and intelligence, as well as, to some extent, political liberalism.2

Openness to Values also shows a strong correlation with Myers-Briggs Intuition (.64), while correlating more moderately with Perceiving (.26). Here again, we can see a potential connection with Ne, which is willing to entertain a variety of perspectives. Viewed positively, Ne types are highly adaptive and receptive to alternate values and lifestyles. If viewed more negatively, they may be perceived as fickle, restless, and indecisive.
    Openness to Ideas: Myers-Briggs Intuition & IQ

Openness to ideas is associated with regular intellectual engagement and perceived intelligence. It is strongly correlated with the scales of Typical Intellectual Engagement (.77) and Need for Cognition (.78), both of which are positively associated with IQ. With regard to the Myers-Briggs, Openness to Ideas is most strongly correlated with Intuition (.56). This should not surprise us, since a preference for Intuition is associated with abstract ideation and positively correlates with IQ, SAT scores, and educational achievement.

One of the more interesting features of Openness to Ideas is its association with both verbal/crystallized and nonverbal/fluid intelligence. With the exception of Values, all the other Openness facets correlate mainly with verbal intelligence. Hence, some individuals with mathematical, spatial, or other forms of nonverbal intelligence (often T types) may score relatively high on Openness to Ideas, while scoring lower on measures of Aesthetics, Feelings, and Fantasy. These differences may also surface in their Holland career interests, with NTs scoring higher in Investigative interests and NFs in Artistic interests.

x

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I probably liked high emotional stability and high openness the most.

I probably disliked low conscientiousness and high extroversion the most.

However, because I didn't have a strong opinion about any of the composites, I am not inclined to read much into this.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd on the top/high conscientiousness has the best bone structure and that's really the only difference in them all. I feel like this should be more complicated.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    2nd on the top/high conscientiousness has the best bone structure and that's really the only difference in them all. I feel like this should be more complicated.
    That's interesting. Yes, the high conscientiousness has the most noticeably different bone structure compared to others. I actually don't like it, I think his jaw is too large and his browbone is too prominent. But you liked that one better than the others. We have different impressions

There's subtle differences (well, at least to me, and to some other responders on this thread). But not everyone sees faces in the same degree of detail. Some people even can't tell any faces apart (imagine what living with that must be like ) and there's a sliding scale between those cases and strong facial recognition. Faces actually have such tiny differences that human brains are wired to be extra-sensitive to faces, particularly. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to tell each other apart.

But anyways, we may not see the images in the same detail.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    That's interesting. Yes, the high conscientiousness has the most noticeably different bone structure compared to others. I actually don't like it, I think his jaw is too large and his browbone is too prominent. But you liked that one better than the others. We have different impressions

There's subtle differences (well, at least to me, and to some other responders on this thread). But not everyone sees faces in the same degree of detail. Some people even can't tell any faces apart (imagine what living with that must be like ) and there's a sliding scale between those cases and strong facial recognition. Faces actually have such tiny differences that human brains are wired to be extra-sensitive to faces, particularly. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to tell each other apart.

But anyways, we may not see the images in the same detail.
    I meant on the female and male ones. People with better bones just look better to me than fleshy squishy people in terms of my idealized version of what a person should look like. I can't even imagine being sexually or romantically attracted to a composite image even if that's what people are usually trying (and sometimes failing) to go for. If it's an actual person there are too many factors besides just face structure determining how someone looks and "your face structure looks like a composite for Big 5 Conscientiousness, baby!" is not a pickup line used by anyone ever.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@coeruleum You don't see a difference in their eyes and expressions? Only the face structure? That's interesting if true.

I see a lot of differences between the pictures, they look like different people I've known throughout my life. Idk, I moved a ton as a kid, on average once a year to a new place with new people so maybe I just developed the quickly-sizing-people up by the way they look skill because it's something I had to use so much. Doing the same with composite pictures doesn't seem that different.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    @coeruleum You don't see a difference in their eyes and expressions? Only the face structure? That's interesting if true.

I see a lot of differences between the pictures, they look like different people I've known throughout my life. Idk, I moved a ton as a kid, on average once a year to a new place with new people so maybe I just developed the quickly-sizing-people up by the way they look skill because it's something I had to use so much. Doing the same with composite pictures doesn't seem that different.
    I see different expressions but having a different expression doesn't make you a different person. The low emotional stability, low openness, and high agreeableness ones look physically ill to me based on their expressions and I think that's super unattractive. I don't think the composites quite look like real people though because they're too blurry. The High Agreeableness and Low Agreeableness males and High Conscientiousness and Low Conscientiousness females look the most different to me and the rest are distinguishable but still too annoyingly similar for my poor brain.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I see different expressions but having a different expression doesn't make you a different person. The low emotional stability, low openness, and high agreeableness ones look physically ill to me based on their expressions and I think that's super unattractive. I don't think the composites quite look like real people though because they're too blurry. The High Agreeableness and Low Agreeableness males and High Conscientiousness and Low Conscientiousness females look the most different to me and the rest are distinguishable but still too annoyingly similar for my poor brain.
    No one is saying that facial features are the only factors in what makes a person attractive, if that's what you're disagreeing with. 'Having a different expression doesn't make you a different person' actually yeah, it seems to indicate that you are different person. Appearances don't just exist in a vaccuum. There's plenty of science out there finding that people are suprisingly accurate on their character judgements, just from looking at physical appearances. VI on this website is living proof that there's similar facial expressions between similar types of people. The paper in the OP is another example.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    No one is saying that facial features are the only factors in what makes a person attractive, if that's what you're disagreeing with. 'Having a different expression doesn't make you a different person' actually yeah, it seems to indicate that you are different person. Appearances don't just exist in a vaccuum. There's plenty of science out there finding that people are suprisingly accurate on their character judgements, just from looking at physical appearances. VI on this website is living proof that there's similar facial expressions between similar types of people. The paper in the OP is another example.
    People tend to have more than one facial expression though. I feel like a lot of these could be the same person at different times. Others, clearly not (like the High vs. Low Agreeableness males.)

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

People tend to have more than one facial expression though. I feel like a lot of these could be the same person at different times. Others, clearly not (like the High vs. Low Agreeableness males.)
    It's possible. Imo there's a baseline facial expression that tends to represent a person's character pretty well. That baseline expression will change according to different situations and emotions, but even the way they react to those situations tends to fit with that character baseline.

The high openness eyes are one example of a facial trait I tend to see people either having consistently, or not having.

Also each of those composites were groups of people that had one particular trait especially low or high. Real-life people would probably show signs of all 5 traits (either high or low) - except the ones they're neutral on.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baseline... yes.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

bottom cuter, top more attractive
    both meh, bottom slightly better
    top looks slightly happier, only difference
    top less attractive
    prefer bottom

So I like high agreeableness, slightly below-average conscientiousness, ambiverted, below-average emotional stability, and low openness.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

This is cool

For the guys...

I liked: High Emotional Stability, High Extroversion, High Agreeableness
    I disliked: Low Agreeableness, Low Extroversion, Low Emotional Stability

Overall confirms what I am into, though in real life I tend to also be into high openness.
    But I am guessing that the men with high openness in this composition were mostly "intellectuals", which is not my general preference.

For the women...

I liked: High Openness
    I disliked: Low Agreeableness

Pretty much true.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went in blind with the first set of images.

With the female portraits, I had a definite preference for high agreeableness and high openness and perhaps a slight preference for low emotional stability and low conscientiousness. Extroversion I could take or leave. But my attraction to Delta NF girls is not news to me, lol.

More interesting to me was my opinion of the male portraits, I preferred low agreeableness and openness, and higher extroversion, conscientiousness and emotional stability. Maybe I feel more comfortable around my identical or mirror types when it comes to guys?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fucking A. Same here. Low everything except extroversion. That was the high one. I'm doomed.
    Hmm yeah. I don't think that I really want some immoral, destructive person- it's just I am so turned off by self-righteousness and pious virtue signaling that by comparison it is the more attractive option.

I clash with a group of people I call 'Heterosexual Angels.' I guess they're like you know, the Delta newsreporter people you see on tv or something? Or any very morally strict cop/judge type person I suppose.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For females:

I strongly prefer High Openness over every other quality.

I prefer High Agreeableness over Low Agreeableness.
    I slightly prefer Low Conscientiousness over High Conscientiousness.
    I slightly prefer Low Extraversion over High Extraversion.
    I don't have any preference regarding Emotional Stability scale.

For males:

I strongly prefer High Agreeableness over every other quality.

I slightly prefer Low Conscientiousness over High Conscientiousness.
    I slightly prefer High Extraversion over Low Extraversion.
    I slightly prefer Low Emotional Stability over High Emotional Stability (I kinda surprised myself, wasn't expecting this)
    I don't have any preference regarding Openness scale.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was most attracted to High extraversion, low conscientiousness, and both high and low emotional stability. I was definitely most strongly attracted to the high extraversion one

TIM
    FLVE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the women I liked high everything, for the men it was High Agreeableness, Low Conscientiousness, Low Extraversion, High Emotional Stability, and Low Openness. High agreeableness stood out to me in the males.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the low emotional stability guy the best LOL.

Followed by high agreeableness.

They look IEI and SLE to me, respectively.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found High Agreeableness, Low Extraversion, Low Emotional Stability (!) and High Openness to be the most attractive in women. Very interesting, I suppose it aligns well with what I had previously thought.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I very much prefer high agreeableness on both of those sets.

No wonder I have been attracted to 9s...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast