Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1INT Vault Dweller View Post
    lol good point. I tend to think of information elements as discrete even though one implies the other. A new way to think about them I hadn't considered so now I might have to reevaluate some stuff.
    That's a big part of Socionics ideas and that's why duality even works, supposedly.

How long-term are we talking, typically? In my circumstances at the moment short-term ends up being 12 hours to a day or two, and the long-term goal is 1-2 years. Longer than that and things start feeling pretty abstract. Managed to make a 5 year plan work through college, but I ended up breaking that up into 3 or 4 intermediate goals along the way.
    1 day for the most short-term and most detailed plans (well, for my training plan the detailed plans can be longer, weeks, months ). I guess it counts as short-term up to a week or a couple weeks though. I've had longer term goals than 1-2 years, but I definitely don't try to make them detailed, not until I get close enough in time for that. What intermediate goals did you need for the college plan?

Yup, all of that. Especially the bold part. People fucking up my flow getting my stuff done is a good way to end up on my bad side.
    Hmm I never thought of it as "flow" being fucked up. It's more like I have an expectation that this thing will go well, or that I have a specific plan for the action or for the day etc and then something fucks it up.

Well other things I'm not at liberty to discuss for one reason or another. I'll also stack more weight on a barbell while exercising until either my muscles fail with the weight over me or something feels like it's going to break.

Because I'm effectively on-call or bound to a keyboard for much of my work it limits my options to go for a 4 hour drive for shits and giggles like I used to.
    Haha, that's fun, I don't see any of that as self-destructive : p

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 day for the most short-term and most detailed plans (well, for my training plan the detailed plans can be longer, weeks, months ). I guess it counts as short-term up to a week or a couple weeks though. I've had longer term goals than 1-2 years, but I definitely don't try to make them detailed, not until I get close enough in time for that. What intermediate goals did you need for the college plan?
    One was to get my GPA up enough to transfer to a better school with the program I wanted. The next was to get some professional certifications while in school (my degree is related but not actually in my specific field), get myself into one of the extracurricular groups dealing with breaking into computers, and graduate into an internship. Those generally ended up spaced out 1-2 years each, with some minor overlap (one finishing after the next started). And yeah my long-term goal was definitely not a detailed one, either. All it amounted to was "I want that specific kind of job."

Hmm I never thought of it as "flow" being fucked up. It's more like I have an expectation that this thing will go well, or that I have a specific plan for the action or for the day etc and then something fucks it up.
    Gotcha. I wish I was better at planning things out, but any time I've tried it it's never stuck. I tend to wing it with what I'm getting done more than having specific plans of action, and when I'm really into it I can sit down and work on it for days on-end. If something disrupts my thinking when I'm in that kind of zone I'm not the best company in the world lol

Haha, that's fun, I don't see any of that as self-destructive : p
    Insanely fun lol but risking injury, getting injured, and going 100mph in a 60mph area aren't the most wise decisions =P
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Yeah for sure. I didn't mind the box-checking or waiting on the HR people too much at first. Then the novelty of the box-checking wore off and I started thinking "Am I going to be checking these same boxes for these same people in 10 years?" and I got like a month and a half of radio silence from the HR people. Whole thing just put me in a really bad funk that even friends noticed for a change.
    It can offer novelty? That's news to me

Thanks for the clarification. Intuition(s) in general are still something I have an issue conceptualizing fully and properly integrating into all the rest.
    Np, any more questions in it, feel free to ask anytime.

You misspelled "incorrectly"

Gotcha. I wish I was better at planning things out, but any time I've tried it it's never stuck. I tend to wing it with what I'm getting done more than having specific plans of action, and when I'm really into it I can sit down and work on it for days on-end. If something disrupts my thinking when I'm in that kind of zone I'm not the best company in the world lol
    Your examples for planning for school seem fine to me even if that's just high level not detailed stuff.

Insanely fun lol but risking injury, getting injured, and going 100mph in a 60mph area aren't the most wise decisions =P
    If you pay enough attention then it's not too bad

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    It can offer novelty? That's news to me
    Temporarily yeah lol . For about two years it's "Woohoo! I get to legally hack banks and all I have to do is check some boxes in addition to that" and then it becomes "Oh. Another bank that doesn't know shit about shit and I'm checking off these same boxes for the hundredth time..."

Np, any more questions in it, feel free to ask anytime.
    Will do if I ever think of anything N to ask in the first place

Your examples for planning for school seem fine to me even if that's just high level not detailed stuff.
    The 1INT Vault Dweller Planning Process:
    1. I want that thing
    2. How do I get that thing?
    3. I have to do this thing
      1. Okay, I'll do that thing

4. I have to do this other thing
      1. Okay I'll do this other thing

5. And this to
      1. Okay, that too

6. Can I do that thing I want to, yet?

If you pay enough attention then it's not too bad
    Well I've never been caught or fucked myself up with a weight set so I guess I'm doing it right lmao
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Temporarily yeah lol . For about two years it's "Woohoo! I get to legally hack banks and all I have to do is check some boxes in addition to that" and then it becomes "Oh. Another bank that doesn't know shit about shit and I'm checking off these same boxes for the hundredth time..."
    Ah ok it makes sense now.

The 1INT Vault Dweller Planning Process:
    1. I want that thing
    2. How do I get that thing?
    3. I have to do this thing
      1. Okay, I'll do that thing

4. I have to do this other thing
      1. Okay I'll do this other thing

5. And this to
      1. Okay, that too

6. Can I do that thing I want to, yet?

Lol this seems rather SeTi to me, but I'm posting in your type thread too anyway, I'll add more there on this.

Well I've never been caught or fucked myself up with a weight set so I guess I'm doing it right lmao
    Yeah!