Thread: Typing

Hybrid View

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'all don't know 1INT in private like I do. He fronts alot of composure publicly but he's markedly more loose, irreverent, mockingly playful, energetic, booming voice, booming laugh, merry-making and bantzy. We both are fairly guarded and polite publicly, and far more candid in private in general. If Y'all knew our political views we might get banned. I've heard SLE is apparently not as 'opinionated' as LSI, and that it's due to higher Fe, except I'm an Fe-ego and I'd get burned at the stake by most moderns. This thread is kind of a roundabout formality cause none of us are seeing the essential person, but that's the typical social issues with typology. You have to actually get to know a person to properly understand them, beyond superficial and cursory guess work conformed to theory, because what you're conforming to theory is a snippet of the fullness of their being - the tip of the iceberg beneath the surface.

We've been best friends for 6 years. We're like Brothers. I'm like 90% convinced he's SLE (more than likely Ti subtype). He's sx/so (we both are, it seems). If he's the most badass, cocksure, laid-back-yet-simultaneously-competent LSI ever I'm fine with that answer too.

EDit: Oh and Fi PoLR makes 10x more sense for him than Ne, and he'll personally confirm that.
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post
    Y'all don't know 1INT in private like I do. He fronts alot of composure publicly but he's markedly more loose, irreverent, mockingly playful, energetic, booming voice, booming laugh, merry-making and bantzy. We both are fairly guarded and polite publicly, and far more candid in private in general. If Y'all knew our political views we might get banned. I've heard SLE is apparently not as 'opinionated' as LSI, and that it's due to higher Fe, except I'm an Fe-ego and I'd get burned at the stake by most moderns. This thread is kind of a roundabout formality cause none of us are seeing the essential person, but that's the typical social issues with typology. You have to actually get to know a person to propery understand them, beyond superficial and cursory guess work conformed to theory, because what you're conforming to theory is a snippet of the fullness of their being - the tip of the iceberg beneath the surface.

We've been best friends for 6 years. We're like Brothers. I'm like 90% convinced he's SLE (more than likely Ti subtype). He's sx/so (we both are, it seems). If he's the most badass, cocksure, laid-back-yet-simultaneously-competent LSI ever I'm fine with that answer too.

EDit: Oh and Fi PoLR makes 10x more sense for him than Ne, and he'll personally confirm that.
    I know them
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I know them

Well if that's actually the case then You get my point. I really don't relate to Fe conforming to status quo whatsoever. Sounds like Alpha Fe to me. EIEs at the least I've seen described as rebellious in many of the things I've read.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if that's actually the case then You get my point. I really don't relate to Fe conforming to status quo whatsoever. Sounds like Alpha Fe to me. EIEs at the least I've seen described as rebellious in many of the things I've read.
    I tell people Fe is not about conforming to status quo, though I think it implies you have a damn good notion of what the status quo is and where you sit in relation to it. (Enneagram instincts likely would be a factor, too.) Alphas can be nonconformist in their own way. Ime more for their pleasure than for their gain.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I tell people Fe is not about conforming to status quo, though I think it implies you have a damn good notion of what the status quo is and where you sit in relation to it. (Enneagram instincts likely would be a factor, too.) Alphas can be nonconformist in their own way. Ime more for their pleasure than for their gain.
    Oh, Alpha NTs seem to delight in being contrarian to some extent (much moreso ILE) and I totally agree it's for their own amusement lol. Fe can be pleasant, appropriate, etc. Just cause we can use it, doesn't mean we personally agree with or want the status quo, or even other people's opinions. Cooperation and smoothness =/= Agreement and conformity imo. I can always feel that instinct tugging at me, to go along with the atmosphere, or direct it in a way that is common and uniting, but it rarely comes at the expense of me actually losing my own opinions.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'all don't know 1INT in private like I do. He fronts alot of composure publicly but he's markedly more loose, irreverent, mockingly playful, energetic, booming voice, booming laugh, merry-making and bantzy.
    It's quite typical for LSIs to be this way in private, even more than SLEs - it's even listed as as a "weak point" on socionics.com (some people find this behavior weird):

You also have a tendency to appear unrestrained and even rough when in the company of people you know well.

http://www.socionics.com/advan/prof/istj.htm
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit