Threaded View

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Typing Me

It's always interesting to see what range of responses people get from the forums, so let's give this a shot

Member Questionnaire (1INT Vault Dweller)

What is beauty? What is love?

That's really vague and hard to pin down. Beauty is a transcendently pleasing and evocative unity of form and purpose. It reaches past the purely rational appreciation to engage the emotional adoration of its aspiration towards a numinous ideal.

Love is self-sacrificial loyalty, affection, and intimacy; and the choice to persevere in spite of flaws, shortcomings, and obstacles.

What are your most important values?

Group & Personal loyalty. Decisiveness. The will to see things through to their conclusion. Sublimation in pursuit of a higher purpose.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I am Agnostic, regretably. I have so far been unable to get to a point of belief irrespective of knowledge. Despite this I am a strong proponent of traditionalist and/or Sedevacantist Catholicism.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

a) Carl Schmitt, Max Weber, & Ernst Junger.

b) Power is the ability execute your will in the face of objection and obstacles.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

a) I've had long conversations about political philosophy, Computer Science, Typology (MBTI & Socionics), Aesthetics, Sociology and the application of mathematics & physics concepts there in.

b) My interests are all of the above and giving myself to a worthy goal.

c) Why not?

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Not particularly, only as a means to an end (eg. most effective method to become more lean and lift heavier things).
    Only focused insofar as don't feel tired & ache-y all the time, and look decent.

What do you think of daily chores?

They suck and I'll do them if have to, or put them off if I don't.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

Movies Like: Sicario, Hell or High Water, Interstellar, John Wick, Road to Perdition, Life Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Master & Commander, Prisoners, The Raid, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Zero Dark Thirty, 13 Hours

Books Liked: The Wheel of Time Series, The Germanization of Early Medieval Christianity: A Sociohistorical APproach to Religious Transformation, Ancient Germanic Warriors: Warrior Styles from Trajan's Column to Icelandic sagas, Behavioral Programming: The Manipulation of Social Interaction

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

Cry: Pets dying and bad medical dianoses in family for the obvious reasons. Several sublime Aesthetic Experiences, because the emotional evocation was intense and positive to the point of being overwhelming

Smile: Wildly inappropriate jokes, banter with friends, feeling like I've achieved a genuine understanding of a new idea, accomplishing a goal that I personally chose and set out to achieve.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

Among friends and family where neither my opinions nor sensibilities have to be guarded/hidden--particularly if it's because those opinions and sensiblities are shared.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

Lack of imagination, social avoidance, a little too proud/stubborn, tunnel-vision with problem-solving or making sense of a situation. I agree with and dislike all of the above except for the proud/stubborn part.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

I can orient myself with a new idea/system/situation very rapidly, I say what other people tend to be thinking but won't say, I'm more intelligent than average, I'm persistent, I achieve what I set out to do, I'm intensely committed to what I believe is right and beautiful and to my group.

In what areas of your life would you like help?

Self-discipline.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

My 50-60 hour/week job has put me in a situation of work, go home, maybe workout, and sleep every day. My reaction was to apply for a similar but different job elsewhere in a different part of the country.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

Dislike: Extreme overcomplication of decision making, navel-gazing idle speculation, two-faced behavior, prioritizing accumulation of things over cultivation of personal bonds, extreme individualism, extreme inclusivity, nihilism.

I can get along with almost anyone that is honest and doesn't do any of ^ those

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

How do I feel about romance/sex? I like it. Specifically I enjoy a lot of push/pull banter and play in the pursuit.

Other than that I would like a wife that can keep up with the banter and play. Help keep a warm and pleasant atmosphere at home, and who loves the idea of being a mom.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

My main concerns would be keeping them out of damaging environments of the public school system, preparing them to accomplish whatever is in their reach so that they can take care of themselves when we're gone, and never giving the impression that material wealth or success take priority over the family or your people.

The public schools are poison for the soul and the love of money (especially to the exclusion of your folk) is the root of evil.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Inward: "lolwtf. Where did your thinking go wrong and how can we fix this?"

Outward: "lolno. Explain these shenanigans"

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

a)I'm an American, middle-class, college-educated, white-collar worker in a consulting field.
    b)I don't see people as a whole. I see peoples as multiple different wholes.
    c)We live amidst an increasingly unstable, tribally hostile, society being fomented and leveraged for the short-sighted self-aggrandizing aims of a rootless class of Neoliberals trying to turn the world into a homogenized mass of undifferentiated peoples identified only as markets in a globalized trading system.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I don't consciously choose them. I just find myself spending time with and talking to certain people over time. They always end up being people that share the core impulse of my outlook, or don't care about those things and just want a relaxed positive vibe.

How do you behave around strangers?

Stiffly and properly. Sometimes with affected warmth and expressiveness if I feel they are more standoff-ish or hostile than the situation calls for.
    Last edited by Sisyphean; 07-22-2018 at 09:14 PM.