Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
@ooo I had written you a long reply but I lost my internet connection for a minute and it seems it was lost when I tried to preview.
better lol

Anyways, I never said "what we have now is the best..." if that's what you're implying. I just wanted to point out that violence has gone down over the last few centuries, I didn't say things were perfect or even better, "better" is subjective anyways.
Basically I think there is alot of confusion behind claiming that "government is a necessary evil". No, it is either a necessary good, or not necessary at all. Pick and choose.

I interpret this as "what we have is all good and well otherwise we wouldn't need it/have it.", or am I making it wrong? If that's the case, no, I don't agree, and that's the black and white picture I was talking about. We might need a gvmnt freely elected by everyone that administers the public good, helps everyone when in need, spreads the knowledge and the resources equally according to the needs, and we might need a law system to grant each one a fair treatment. This is a democracy, ok, but no government can really democracy as on paper. Each country has its innate corruption, each system has its sickened parts; some countries work better than others, some countries are more human than others, but there's no ultimate democracy, rather shady phantoms of it. So to me, given our own inability to survive alone, there might be no better alternative than a government, but that won't make it good.

I gather from what you're writing that you have a problem with the way capitalism governs the world. Ok, but what do you want to replace the current system with?
awareness would be a good thing.