Thread: "Government is a necessary evil"

Threaded View

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    because violence is not just physical, if you can destroy a country just by sending it bankrupt, that's no much different than killing its people. it's kind of more unsettling because we're continuously told we're nothing without money, while at least, once, we would have been nothing without our own lives, which seems a more reasoned start. wars still exist more than ever, but maybe you don't know of them? a good deal of the wars world wide have our contribution, the fact that we chose not to make them on our territory doesn't mean they're not there... our money make them, and we in our safety spot are now most sensitive to these kinds of economic "wars".

let's not compare antiquity to today so shallowly please, there was a totally different world once, it's not fair to draw such hasty comparisons.

because a bad government favors the state and who controls it, a good one favors the citizens and their human rights. democracy should obviously grant the second one, but it's as utopic as saying "anarchy".
    I don't even know how to debate a post like this.

None of what you write is based on reason or fact. It is frankly incoherent.

Try to organize your own thoughts better. Give examples of what you mean. Don't be so vague and ambigous when saying I am drawing hasty comparisons about antiquity, but refute my statement correctly.

Not trying to be mean or hostile btw. I am just saying I cannot debate your post because it is not making a coherent argument in the first place, frankly I have this issue with your posts on here generally speaking.
    Last edited by Ave; 07-08-2018 at 08:01 PM.