Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My type has been thrown into question.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    Yeah, I guess I expect one would talk of the things he finds valuable, not about random things just to fill a questionnarie... so it's interesting how the real value keeps hidden behind the things one says, because if we say something... we obviously meant smth else... it must be a Fi/EII-Ne thing )
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, lol sorry.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I honestly think it'd be more accurate to avoid creating more difficult definitions with combining aspects with Introversion and Extroversion rather than simplify it into 4 without the I/E dichotomy. Just think: EII is EISL-I, IEI is IELS-I, IEE is IELS-E, EIE is EISL-E. Just think about the essence of the four aspects and fuck what people say about functions because they ultimately just create more varied definitions and conflict as a result.

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, lol sorry.
    I'm an EII-Ne, I didn't mean that.

Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Articulating on that more, I mean..
    it's interesting to me because in your questionnaire you place a great importance on your faith, and that is a Ni thing to me; we can say it's Fi too, both functions can manifest a deep faith, but if I had to put them on a balance it'd be more "Ni"; it could be Ne too but Ni is more singular and focused while Ne is more scattered and it looks for novelty, so I doubt that a Ne could revolve his existence so much around his faith, he could well be religious and follow the doctrine, but I doubt his axis would be centered so much on that. Following this idea I suggested Ni.

But maybe I was just misreading, and the fact that you voice your spiritual beliefs proves that you don't value them -socionically-, so that your Fi is probably tied to the doctrine with its moral values, more than to faith in itself, and probably Fi is creating a filter to protect you and from outside only a little part comes out , which is Ne, so much Ne that it looks like Ni (strong functions reinforce each E/I), as demonstra(-ted)tive. Makes sense? I can see that... it's all twisty, but it's probably how introverts work: they appear one way but hide another nature... resembling the J/P switch of MBTI, that ultimately can work both ways.

I even think that, aside of socionics, what attracts us and what repulses us are often the same thing, it's often the context that creates the difference. This difference ultimately responds to our energy, charged positively or negatively depending on... context. So we're not always one thing, we switch on and off like AC/DC, twisting on ourselves.

It reminds me of this quote from Umberto Eco "we are always born under the wrong sign and to be alive with dignity means to correct our birth horoscope every day".

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    Articulating on that more, I mean..
    it's interesting to me because in your questionnaire you place a great importance on your faith, and that is a Ni thing to me; we can say it's Fi too, both functions can manifest a deep faith, but if I had to put them on a balance it'd be more "Ni"; it could be Ne too but Ni is more singular and focused while Ne is more scattered and it looks for novelty, so I doubt that a Ne could revolve his existence so much around his faith, he could well be religious and follow the doctrine, but I doubt his axis would be centered so much on that. Following this idea I suggested Ni.

But maybe I was just misreading, and the fact that you voice your spiritual beliefs proves that you don't value them -socionically-, so that your Fi is probably tied to the doctrine with its moral values, more than to faith in itself, and probably Fi is creating a filter to protect you and from outside only a little part comes out , which is Ne, so much Ne that it looks like Ni (strong functions reinforce each E/I), as demonstra(-ted)tive. Makes sense? I can see that... it's all twisty, but it's probably how introverts work: they appear one way but hide another nature... resembling the J/P switch of MBTI, that ultimately can work both ways.

I even think that, aside of socionics, what attracts us and what repulses us are often the same thing, it's often the context that creates the difference. This difference ultimately responds to our energy, charged positively or negatively depending on... context. So we're not always one thing, we switch on and off like AC/DC, twisting on ourselves.

It reminds me of this quote from Umberto Eco "we are always born under the wrong sign and to be alive with dignity means to correct our birth horoscope every day".
    I can see how you came to the conclusion of Ni, and yes my faith is central to my identity, but yea it's more along the lines of my personal moral code and belief than just faith alone. But other than that I am pretty scattered in my thinking, always thinking up possibilities sometimes losing focus on one possibility for the next, I usually think in a very Ne fashion, and even seeking novelty, I can get bored by too much routine, though I could use more discipline to stick to routines. And Yea I do think of my Fi protecting me like a filter yea, it's a filter through which I process the world I process it through my values, is this right or is this wrong how does this line up with my beliefs sort of thing. My faith is more of a moral experience and decision than a spiritual experience most of the time. Besides my faith I do not like hyper focused viewpoints as they seem too narrow and to "sure" to me. Like if someone were to meet a stranger and right from the first impression say "that person is a psycho." I feel they unfairly judged the person and I hold out the possibility that this person is not actually a psycho, because you can never know from a first encounter, that seems sort of "Ne" to me. Lile I could come up with tons of explanations why that person may not actually be a psycho.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12