Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
An example:

A black bird sings. The bird is the personality (the sociotype), the color is the introverted ego function (Ti, Si, Ni, Fi), the singing is the extroverted one (Te,Se,Ne,Fe). The constitution of the animal indicates its a bird (sociotype), the color of the bird (black) is the introverted function of the ego block, which is visible to anyone who sees it, but not because the bird is wanting to communicate something through its color, but because its what it is, is just a trait, then he decides when and how he sings (extroverted function).

I dont see the J/P relation in what I'm saying. T and F extroverted and introverted are both j, N and S are p. Its not related to extroversion or introversion in types (maybe I'm not understanding the relation, so explain, lol).
I don't think you can compare the blackness to the main function. Jung says we can confuse the dominant function of a person for their unconscious, because the unconscious is always present to some extent, and because we may not be in tune with the expression of another's dominant function. For all I know, it's quite misleading to type someone without any idea of how they are beyond their look, IEs are cognitive functions and require an interaction to be intercepted, they're not displayed as static apparent features, at least I think so.

The J/P switch for introverts is the difference that there's between socionics and MBTI, where MBTI says that it's the extroverted function to create the bridge with the world and it's this that influences the ways in which one operates, J/P. So you can say: communication= one's own expression= extroversion. So if introverts communicate through their extroverted functions, they'll appear J if P and P if J.