Thread: A visual example of Si, Se, Ne and Ni

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would agree with that but add that I think you can interpret socionics as epistemic or ontological, but very few people do so, most gloss over this step, indeed are ignorant that they're even making it or that such a step exists, in much the same way dennett seems to, but I think an ontological socionics actually accounts for this as being a kind a kind of step often taken by static thinking types not as a determinism but as a matter of personality. in essence they want to start from the most basic and common root possible and ground everything in that, they call this scientific and want to bring absolutely everything into the fold and if it cannot be brought in they exclude it as being essentially "unknowable" (non scienter) and inasmuch as that is the case "unutterable" and inasmuch as that is the case "beyond the limits of their mind" (the limits of my language are the limits of my mind) and inasmuch as that is the case "not real" and then you see how this is inherently a product of subjectivity once again. in other words, it is a perspective that in the last analysis begins and ends as the product of an individual mind, i.e.: a subject: it simply wishes to appropriate to itself a Godlike encompassing of the universe to itself via the collective endeavor called science, which religion calls the tower of babel. it seems to me the wisdom of Jung is that the project is not wholly worthless or sinful as the religious interpretation makes it out to be, but it is only one half of what there is
    Last edited by Bertrand; 06-22-2018 at 03:57 PM.