Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    This kind of focusing does not seem specific to Ne. Si will also seek out the most suitable thing, Se the most desirable thing etc.
    Well, only Se and Ne focus/direct attention according to these definitions of the functions.

I don't see how a function can passively provide data and actively determine an individual's behavior.

Yeah... this is extremely vague and does not define the elements IMO.
    I didn't mean it like that. Se does not know what exactly it perceives. It is a part/area of an object. Maybe you can call it a "blob", and sometimes an "extended blob" or a line. My point is that Ti (which is only about structural logic or spatial logic ... in my view) needs a certain kind of information. For example, Ti measures/estimates the length between two objects, but it doesn't want detailed information about those objects. It just wants two points, or "blobs", or lines.

EDIT: An alternative view could be that Se itself does not perceive the area (or "blob"). Instead, it filters away (almost) all the details that are provided by Si.

Se also moves your attention from one part/area of the object to another part/area of the object... or from one object to another object. Se and Ne deal with motivated interactions between the objects and the subjects (i.e. people).

EDIT: Yet another view could be that Se just "transports" Ti from one part of the object to another part of the object. An unconscious/semi-conscious Si provides the simplified image (or "blob").
    Last edited by Petter; 06-18-2018 at 03:58 AM.