SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Here are my viewpoints:

Si recognizes the complete object i.e.
    With this you practically say "Si is perceiving something with our eyes"

When this element of perception is in the leading position, the individual has the ability to change the qualities of the surrounding space and influence the sensations of people within it.
    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...verted_sensing

Personally when I see a car I recognize how the design and the it's features impact me and my decision. It can be something shallow like the color (for ex. I think black it a beautiful color for cars but awful in summer. It becomes incredibly hot and some cars, especially older ones, begin to smell and if the manufacturer chose some kind of sleek plastic material for the seats; goodbye for hot pants because you'll just burn your *** of if you happen to park in the plain sun). Then there is the question whether the car is big enough, are the seats comfortable, is the space in the car enough for what I plan (just driving to work or vacations, is it suited for kids etc etc). I could sit in an awful smelly old car with usage marcs everywhere and still feel all right because it's what I'm used to / because it reminds me of child hood / it's convenient and I see ways on how I can improve it.
    I know an ESFj who got into an accident and repaired her car all by herself. She now knows exactly what kinds of sounds the car makes in certain situations and what she needs to do to repair certain parts. Being able to do that, be it a car, a laptop, or just the ability to repair/improve/recognize inconvenience your surroundings makes me feel at ease and connected to my surroundings.

Se directs attention to a specific part of the object
    When this element is in the leading position, the individual possesses exceptional personal force/will.

Se: "My Jeep is bigger than your Mini. I could just run you over. Back off"
    Beta(?) Se: "Now that I'm a CEO I can't drive with a Mini to work. I need to have a BMW/Mercedes whatever otherwise others won't take me and my position in the hierarchy seriously."
    Se: You won't win this car race with a Prius.

Se recognizes the capacity for will/force/confrontation/organization in objects and people. They can use aggression to achieve their goals (like pressuring people through their presence and body language only, physical and verbal aggression...)
    Lets say you're in a new environment and Se-type wants to know whose the boss then he'll her may recognize (in a conversation) things like:
    A can interrupt B but not the other way around. B can interrupt C while C does not interrupt either B or A which means the hierarchy is as follows: A>B>C

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    With this you practically say "Si is perceiving something with our eyes"
    Yes... but Si processes auditory information, olfactory information etc. as well.

Si is also about memory.

Personally when I see a car I recognize how the design and the it's features impact me and my decision. It can be something shallow like the color (for ex. I think black it a beautiful color for cars but awful in summer. It becomes incredibly hot and some cars, especially older ones, begin to smell and if the manufacturer chose some kind of sleek plastic material for the seats; goodbye for hot pants because you'll just burn your *** of if you happen to park in the plain sun). Then there is the question whether the car is big enough, are the seats comfortable, is the space in the car enough for what I plan (just driving to work or vacations, is it suited for kids etc etc). I could sit in an awful smelly old car with usage marcs everywhere and still feel all right because it's what I'm used to / because it reminds me of child hood / it's convenient and I see ways on how I can improve it.
    I know an ESFj who got into an accident and repaired her car all by herself. She now knows exactly what kinds of sounds the car makes in certain situations and what she needs to do to repair certain parts. Being able to do that, be it a car, a laptop, or just the ability to repair/improve/recognize inconvenience your surroundings makes me feel at ease and connected to my surroundings.

Se: "My Jeep is bigger than your Mini. I could just run you over. Back off"
    Beta(?) Se: "Now that I'm a CEO I can't drive with a Mini to work. I need to have a BMW/Mercedes whatever otherwise others won't take me and my position in the hierarchy seriously."
    Se: You won't win this car race with a Prius.

Se recognizes the capacity for will/force/confrontation/organization in objects and people. They can use aggression to achieve their goals (like pressuring people through their presence and body language only, physical and verbal aggression...)
    Lets say you're in a new environment and Se-type wants to know whose the boss then he'll her may recognize (in a conversation) things like:
    A can interrupt B but not the other way around. B can interrupt C while C does not interrupt either B or A which means the hierarchy is as follows: A>B>C

Do you think these descriptions contradict OP?

I think SeTi is indirectly related to will, force, confrontation etc.

And your description of SiTe supports my viewpoints.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    Do you think these descriptions contradict OP?
    Yes.
    I think SeTi is indirectly related to will, force, confrontation etc.
    No. Read the descriptions.
    And your description of SiTe supports my viewpoints.
    No.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    Yes.
    okay... but why?

No. Read the descriptions.
    I am telling you what my definitions of the functions mean.

We all know that Socionics Se- is related to will, force etc.