Thread: Trump Babe Potential For Women (Rate Yourselves)

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    lol that's a joke, right?

the problem isn't this isolated incident, it's an ...
    ... so this specific thing isnt a problem?

i'd assume that somebody who identifies as a feminist would understand why some people (esp. females) would eventually take issue with him, unless feminism is only useful if it applies to your own discomfort with such uncouth behaviors.
    And yet your being snippy and mean when someone asks what exactly the problem was.... where you above.... said this wasnt a problem....

Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    ... so this specific thing isnt a problem?

And yet your being snippy and mean when someone asks what exactly the problem was.... where you above.... said this wasnt a problem....

lol I'm being "snippy and mean" by calling out lungs for causing a ruckus over adam strange sexually harassing her (wherein I defended her several times) meanwhile she couldn't care less if that sexual harassment is directed toward other people (and this is just one of many incidents):

Quote Originally Posted by Spermatozoa View Post
    I can tell that you have a good heart, but actions speak louder than words. If you want to save the world, start by giving a blowjob every day.
    I think this is one of the many times where you should just learn to keep your nose out of it "pookie" unless you condone such commentary, in which case, thanks for letting the forum know that you think sexual harassment is ok, and maybe you should learn to quote someone's entire post, and not just the portion of the post that corresponds with whatever biased narrative you're trying to spin at any given moment.

my issue was the fact that lungs was being hypocritical, so someone who's barely around should probably refrain from commenting, and that includes lungs, because I don't even think she was around to see that post, however she was around to see even worse posts than that, yet now she's playing the role of the objective observer, but that's not fair. I'd seriously like to hope that she recognizes why such posts would rub certain people the wrong way.
    Last edited by wasp; 07-12-2018 at 01:53 AM.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol I'm being "snippy and mean" by calling out lungs for causing a ruckus over adam strange sexually harassing her (wherein I defended her several times) meanwhile she couldn't care less if that sexual harassment is directed toward other people (and this is just one of many incidents):

I think this is one of the many times where you should just learn to keep your nose out of it "pookie" unless you condone such commentary, in which case, thanks for letting the forum know that you think sexual harassment is ok, and maybe you should learn to quote someone's entire post, and not just the portion of the post that corresponds with whatever biased narrative you're trying to spin at any given moment.

my issue was the fact that lungs was being hypocritical, so someone who's barely around should probably refrain from commenting, and that includes lungs, because I don't even think she was around to see that post, however she was around to see even worse posts than that.
    I thought the issue was his opinions and humor, i didn't know about any targeted harassment. Sorry for being invalidating.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my issue was the fact that lungs was being hypocritical, so someone who's barely around should probably refrain from commenting, and that includes lungs, because I don't even think she was around to see that post, however she was around to see even worse posts than that.
    I don't condone, or care about any of that behavior.

It just didn't make sense her statement leading to your response. So I didn't get the snippy-ness of it.

I left the rest out because it would have muddied the point. It wouldn't have made what I said make less sense, it would have just made what I was replying to less clear.

The whole keep your nose out of it unless you support sexual harassment is a strawman. His statement in the OP wasn't even sexual harassment, just vulgarity. Sexual harassment has to be directed at someone.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my issue was the fact that lungs was being hypocritical, so someone who's barely around should probably refrain from commenting, and that includes lungs, because I don't even think she was around to see that post, however she was around to see even worse posts than that, yet now she's playing the role of the objective observer, but that's not fair. I'd seriously like to hope that she recognizes why such posts would rub certain people the wrong way.
    I think there's some confusion about the similarities between the two situations and what generally bothers me and what doesn't. This isn't a commentary on the validity of anybody's feelings or reactions or anything like that. If I seem terse it's because I feel like I'm being positioned to rehash the past which is making me feel uncomfortable and clammed up. It sounds like the situation here might involve more than sperma being sexist and having an abrasively crude sense of humor, in which case my comments were based in ignorance.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is fantastic.