Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
Oh. Being an aesthete isn't a LSE specific thing.
I guess so, lol. This is one of the stereotypes that swayed me, and I've read it in The Dual nature of man, by Augusta.

It's like, a lot of the traits attributed to a type are not that specific to the type and this is one such nonspecific trait. I think being able to get an overall impression of the person (of things that are Socionics-related) is more reliable for typing but that can take time.
Yeah indeed, I wasn't too sure of my typing and didn't really give it too much thought, I basically went with: med school= 6 years of uni= Te, taking care of oneself/others= Si, aesthete=TeSi, enjoys deep bonds= Fi. Kinda shallow I admit =)

"This is the Beta mentality, believing that fighting and the struggle for power/ territory/ resources is an inherent part of life, seeing power dynamics in small scale interactions."

Agreed on this. But OP could be more Fe seeking than an SLE
Ah, uhm, my ILE dad always makes these same kinds of reasoning about war/violence, that it's a natural component of human nature and necessary too in order to get something done, so Idk if that's the umpteenth stereotype that must be left aside in order to find the truth about a type...