Thread: Does Te Value Work & Productivity for Its Own Sake?

Threaded View

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Does Te Value Work & Productivity for Its Own Sake?

Primary question is in the title. This thread comes from @Delilah's thread, "Why Te?" (http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...p/56366-Why-Te)

Here are some other questions that go along with the primary question: Do Te ego types enjoy work for its own sake? Do they generally seek out work for the purpose of working rather than meeting a goal? Are there Te ego types who do not agree with the idea that work has inherent moral value? Should we expect Te ego types to be productive, hard-working people? If someone is not productive or hardworking, does that mean that the person in question is not a Te ego type or that this person does not value Te?

I think this is a pretty important set of questions to ask. @Bertrand was saying in Delilah's thread that Te just means basically that Te types value logic that is based on objectivity rather than subjectivity, and that a lot of the descriptions had added extra stuff that wasn't really part of the nature of Te -- if I'm remembering and interpreting correctly. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So, in essence, what is the nature of Te's (and Te ego/valuing types) relationship to work? Do they all have the same relationship to work? Are there lazy Te types?

If there isn't a universal value/understanding all Te types share for work, do the descriptions need to be changed?
    Last edited by Aramas; 06-05-2018 at 10:45 PM.