Thread: Duality, Conflict, and Pain

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    it depends on what you mean by destroy someone, lots of people are overcome with neurosis whereas an emotional episode resulting from being burned by a dual may be only temporary. both can destroy you one is slow the other is fast. destruction is a result which can flow from either. degree of potential harm is high between both, but probability of harm should be lower between duals, otherwise there's no real distinction between the two. any two TIM are capable of instantly physically destroying one another
    Which is slow and which is fast?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Which is slow and which is fast?
    fundamentally we're talking about information metabolism, and information from the dual goes down smoother so to speak, so its "faster" in that sense, whereas information from conflictors I think sits in the subconscious and accumulates which is what gives rise to a lot of neurosis. a lot of psychotherapy is like a sewage system to clear this stuff out

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    fundamentally we're talking about information metabolism, and information from the dual goes down smoother so to speak, so its "faster" in that sense, whereas information from conflictors I think sits in the subconscious and accumulates which is what gives rise to a lot of neurosis. a lot of psychotherapy is like a sewage system to clear this stuff out
    I'm doubtful about the benefits of traditional psychotherapy. The best therapy I've had is stuff I've looked up online or relationships I've had with friends. I've been to several therapists, and every time, it was quite useless in comparison -- if not actually damaging.

That said, what you say about how information metabolizes between duals and conflictors seems like it makes sense.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post

That said, what you say about how information metabolizes between duals and conflictors seems like it makes sense.
    Based on which part of Modal A? I don't see anything about information accumulating in the subconscious in the model.