I work in the wonderful world of retail which, I feel, doesn't naturally caters to the strengths of ILEs. I've also only worked with a few ILEs. They tend to get the reputation of not being very competent when it comes to the fast paced portion of work. Two were quite messy with their work area. One guy who worked as an overnight stocker for the deli, sausage, and bacon wall simply didn't give a fuck. The bins were often a mess after his shift which irritated my, then, department manager and co-workers as well as the LSE who also worked with the ILE who always went above and beyond to keep the bins in the cooler rotated, consolidated, and as neat as can be.

The ILE who I sometimes work with now (3rd shift front end) has a tendency to talk a lot but not get much done. She is also transitioning from male to female and often complains about the body changes due to estrogen. I can't blame her, though.

I find the older and more mature ILEs to be a lot more competent. The first shift maintenance supervisor is an elderly ILE gentleman. He's a redneck type of guy and knows his shit. He's lived long and knows a thing or two.

Overall, I personally don't mind working with ILEs, even the ones who lack productivity. We usually have interesting conversations and most of them can be downright hilarious. Diarrhea of the mouth can become a bit much after a while. There are exceptions, of course. Maybe the quieter ILEs simply go by more without notice.