Hybrid View

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    yeah ILEs are often reliable. That's because of Fi polr. They have already thought what's right and how to act morally right.
    I think the point of Fi polr is that they haven't already thought of what is right for for instance to have already have thought of it they would have had to already have encountered every instance that requires the judgement application.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I think the point of Fi polr is that they haven't already thought of what is right for for instance to have already have thought of it they would have had to already have encountered every instance that requires the judgement application.
    Right. What @Tallmo is describing should be the effect of Normative Fe instead.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    More like they have Se role so they are capable of staying on top of their responsibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Right. What @Tallmo is describing should be the effect of Normative Fe instead.
    Fi polr makes them use broad ideas and "moral philosophy" to deal with stuff. It's not Fi use, even though it might seem like it. They compensate by strong functions. Moral stuff has to be thought out and understood.

ILEs can be very "Fi oriented" thematically speaking. But it's not functional use. It's actually the opposite, avoiding hurting the polr.

That way they can be reliable because there is general thinking behind the moral decisions, not Fi evaluations on a single case.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)