Thread: Your experiences working with ILEs/ENTps

Threaded View

TIM
    SLI E6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My trainer/mentor in my most recent job was ILE; I'll try to describe him briefly:

- Not sure what exactly you mean by reliability; this guy was pretty handy to have around. He was, however, visibly annoyed at requests for help, and did have a tendency to keep scores. If I offered him help, he'd be much more receptive to my requests later.
    -He introducted himself to me with these words: "I am rude, crude, and sarcastic." I found him to be irreverent and occasionally rude (maybe once or twice when he called someone "useless" in a pretty loud, mocking way), but other than that not really malicious or hurtful.
    -Acted like he didn't care what others thought/felt about him, but was pretty receptive to those who told him how much they liked him
    -Was pretty dissatisfied with current managers as he was not allowed to innovate work procedures as much as he wanted
    -Always ready to debate or create upheaval, a shit-disturber
    -Very averse to anyone Fi-ing him.
    -When training he would explain things very well (clearly) and then if the test being conducted wasn't safety-critical he'd tell me to play with it, and then he'd leave the room. A while later he came back and asked me if I was dead.
    -He was very good at working with unexpected situations, and it definitely looked looked he enjoyed doing it. When he managed to harness it he used to say "goddammit I'm awesome"
    -He had a cabinet in his desk filled up with candy and smuggled a mini fridge under his desk (we all pretended we didn't know since food's not allowed in the lab)
    Last edited by Rei; 03-29-2018 at 08:45 PM.