Thread: Noob looking for a typing

Default Noob looking for a typing

1. What is beauty? What is love?

For me, beauty is something that evokes a feeling. For example, I'm really into vintage aesthetics cause they transport me to that decade. True beauty makes me feel at peace and takes my fear away. It can also be simply a color palette that reminds me of something that I like, or looking at an art piece that is just simply inspired or unique and I become absolutely obsessed with it. Beautiful things send a message, sometimes even more than words can. Some parts of beauty are objective, like the color wheel and I'm fond of color seasons, but others are more subjective like animation styles and favorite fashion pieces. While beauty is lovely, you can even have a soft spot for ugly things, like an ugly doll, an "uglier" cat breed or an ugly piece of furniture.

To me, love is reliability. Who do you go to when you're sad? Who can you count on for a laugh? Who can I simply trust? It's also knowing the person inside and out, their passions and interests and quirks. It means that we can have fun together, and that our walls are down when we are with each other. Relaxed, casual, but also meaningful and memorable. It means honoring each other's individuality and merging with them at the same time. Using creativity to appeal to each other, to give the best gifts. Intimacy, respect, watching each other grow, just being another's person.

2. What are your most important values?
    I place a lot of value of doing things that knowing else has thought of, being resourceful and looking for alternatives to everyday life. I value being thoughtful and putting effort into what I do and having depth/not being superficial. I love animals, so of course I value being good to them, whether scaly or furry(my favorites are scaly, though). I value being able to compromise in arguments, open mindedness, being polite/not a sleazeball. Freedom. Self expression. Self awareness and being able to grow and develop new skills. Being open minded to new cultures, unless there's something I can't respect. Finding a way to bring my passions to the real world, like finding the right job to do so.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    It's tough, I've dabbled in many religions. I was Christian for a while, but got a lot of intrusive thoughts due to it (worrying everything is a sin). I've also dabbled in Wicca, and the idea of Summerland is fascinating and having my divine objects but it's hard to focus on one thing for that long. I've gone to mystic fairs and it was one of the best feelings in my life as there's something beautiful about all the gems having these different properties. I have been attracted to Unitarian Universalism cause well, the united feeling of people from all places. I think there is something out there after death, because there's so much thought that goes into the design of the universe, and plus energy can't be destroyed. My mom was a Christian and was homophobic(this is the only time she brought up religion mostly), but when I got older and met my new family they were all different religions so I felt free to explore and it was nice.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    War sucks, but it's one of those things that just is. I'm fascinated by the military when it comes from a history standpoint(WW2 is especially fascinating to me and the 1000 day war thanks to Encanto), and I even love RTS games since I can strategize and form my army from a different culture. I'm also interested in military anime like FMA and Attack on Titan and seeing how society is affected by it. From a more realistic standpoint though, military is just a necessary evil. The army is something I've dreaded joining and have never been interested in except maybe the Airforce. We say, "Thank you for your service" to veterans(it feels so forced though and I wouldn't want that said to me), yet we don't give them housing.

For me, power is something that I feel like I don't have a lot of the time due to my withdrawnness and indirectness. It's something I don't desire when it comes to groups, but I want a sense of power from within to get what I want done. I do get a lot of big ideas, and that provides me power until they get shot down. Power can go to a lot of people's heads, unless given to the right person, as some people stay passive even when granted the power.
    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I've had long conversations about many things really. Typology and how it applies to my favorite shows and my pets, languages, the beauty of the seasons and how weather changes, my favorite animals, favorite characters, how things change from humans to what's changed in the past decade. My interests include decadeology(comparing and contrasting different decades), trying new foods from other countries, traveling, reptiles, history of everyday things, animation, making odd collages(either online or with random materials I find), and really just anything obscure. I also love thrifting/going to flea markets to find said obscure things, and online shopping to get freebies and also old stuff like I bought myself a VideoNow on Etsy.
    6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Sometimes, I have some nerdy fixations like a show I like called Mystery Diagnosis where you see people go through hell to get diagnosed with something and it ends up being a really rare disease. As a foodie, I'm interested in nutrition as well and find it fascinating all the different properties a certain food has. I'm focused on my body in that if I notice a change, I'm worried I'm developing some sorta illness even though I'm still fairly young. Idk why I'm like this, maybe I want to be on a medical show. I like the idea of having routines for my health, but I can't keep them up that long though I admire people who do and like watching their content(like skincare is interesting then I can't follow it).

7. What do you think of daily chores?
    I don't mind chores too much, but I am a big multitasker when it comes to chores. I'll do dishes while watching YouTube and talking with friends and so forth. It gives me something to do I suppose. If I do my laundry, I get more outfits. I don't care for vacuuming though, I don't like lugging that vacuum out. Also, my pets would die without said chores. I remember as a kid, I didn't dislike chores as a kid per se but I remember I'd get a chore list and I asked if I could pick my own since I liked certain chores more than others and I wanted to cook for my family since I had a Food Network phase. I remember cleaning my room was a pain too, and my mom would assign me to a certain portion of the room when I wanted to start in a different place so I could find toys I hadn't seen in a bit.
    8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

Recently, I've gotten into audible, so I've done more reading or listening, whatever you wanna call it. I'm enjoying Understood Betsy-it's from 1916 and I like reading books from that period since I actually feel immersed in it rather than just reading historical fiction(I mean, I like that as well but this feels the most genuine). Lately, I've been into YouTube documentaries more than actual shows since I like learning about the most obscure info possible(last night I watched a documentary about Emergency Broadcast sounds). I have been on a Fullmetal Alchemist kick though and plan to get into even more dark/sad anime. I'm also a fan of Steven Universe, Winx, House and Cold Case. Sometimes I go on kicks where I like 80s shows, since I like that even though they're seen as corny there's often a hidden darkness to them because of the social messages(those shows were used to keep kids inside).

9. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    People often describe me as unassertive, indecisive, and indirect, sometimes even flaky. They aren't wrong I gotta say. I expect people to know things without me saying it, and it's like why am I like this? I'm also not very good at actualizing my dreams since the technical parts can be confusing like paperwork, and often the idea of things is better than the actualization. I'm not very good with conflict and being firm with others and even myself(forcing myself to do things/cut things off). I'm very quiet in person, even though I'm buzzing internally so it feels like my internal self doesn't match my outer self. Why am I so low energy and high energy at the same time??
    10. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Other people see me as open minded, kind, chill, and compliment me often on my love of food and art and just overall creativity. I like these things about me too, and that I have a good aesthetic sense/good taste in fashion and film. I love my insatiable curiosity about random things, and that even though I'm a passive person I'm active in areas I'm passionate about. I also have a good sense of humor, even though it can be cringe at times but I have a good dark sense of humor. I often think about what is forgotten, the underdogs, what is underrated in life and want to take the unexplored path. I'm very resourceful and can make something out of anything.

11. In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I'd like help being more decisive since being indecisive gets in the way of my goals. I'd like to get out of my head more and just, live. I'd like to be better at just adulting in general, and speaking up more. I'd like to be better at mechanical things(both in the literal sense and being able to fill out forms better). I need to make things happen more rather than letting them come to me. While I value open mindedness/fluidity greatly, sometimes I wish I was more solid in my thinking. I just want more self-confidence, really, so I can live my existence and explore life to the fullest.

12. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like people who are grounded, but not too grounded that they can't handle my whimsical thinking. I like people who aren't quite like anyone else and are a good mix of casual/deep thinkers. I like people who I can talk about anything with and that have a good sense of humor. I dislike it when people are close minded, steamroll too much and have little wiggle room in their thinking. People who complain too much and have set ways of seeing things. People who are shallow and just have little self-awareness, pervs, animal haters. I do have a soft spot for grumpy people since I enjoy dark humor and getting things off my chest with them.
    13. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Outwardly, I'd challenge them in a more passive way, like provide a different point of view without saying how full of BS they are. Or, I'll bring up something that doesn't specifically advocate that viewpoint but mention something I saw that makes me see their viewpoint but not agree with it in the end. On the inside, I'd be like, why are you like this? Who raised you? Why do you have to be so set in your ways? It'd be hard to just exist around them from now on. I'd try to avoid bringing up that topic to my friend in the future, but advocate for it in my other spheres. If it was too severe, I'd separate from them all together.

14. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    Since I'm shy my friends choose me more than anything. However, I choose them if they respect me and are open with me, and we have interests in common(although this isn't as hard of a rule as it used to be since it's hard to talk about interests sometimes at work). Working at a grocery store, I've met people from all different backgrounds so I'm willing to be friends with them if they show interest in me from the start. Around my friends, I'm shy but also have a trollish side, self-deprecating and am a good listener. I'm the one who goes along with everything for the most part and am somehow the high energy and low energy one at the same time.

15. How do you behave around strangers?
    I'm generally uncomfortable around strangers and don't really know how to react so I wait for them to talk most of the time. I just get nervous going up to people out of the blue. I also just feel left out/inherently different around them. However, as a cashier I meet strangers every day, so I have to be talkative to a point. I try to relate to them by asking what other plans they have after shopping and point out foods that look tasty on the belt, as well as joke around a bit. There are certain customers that make me uncomfortable though, like older men and people who ask me about my age and get touchy with me. Also, when people just straight up ignore what I say, that's annoying.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi UsagiLemonDrop and welcome to this forum. Let me just begin by saying that I like your writing style, it's fluid and easy to read. There are however three questions that I would like to ask you if you don't mind answering them :

- How old are you ?
    - What is your gender ?
    - Have you ever been diagnosed with a mental health condition ?

You've already demonstrated some IEI-ish / SEI-ish traits, Ip temperament seems pretty clear according to what you've shared about yourself. That said, I'm aware that getting a vibe is not a proper analysis. It is 4.35 AM as I'm writing this, maybe "tomorrow" I'll try to do a proper analysis of your text (even if my typing skills are not very sharp !).
    Last edited by godslave; 04-22-2024 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Just deleted a joke about my three questions being similar to nifl's famous "video" request (sorry about that nifl !)
    Lack is the Muse of all Poets

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My guess is Delta NF, leaning heavily towards IEE over EII, because Ne > Fi.

If I had to choose a sub-type, I’d say IEE-Fi, because the poster seems to be more steady than random.

Best match would be an SLI-Te. A thinking guy who might be into house construction or car repair, rather than a golfer or baseball player, who tend to be SLI-Si.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-22-2024 at 04:03 AM.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiLemonDrop View Post
    To me, love is reliability. Who do you go to when you're sad? Who can you count on for a laugh? Who can I simply trust? It's also knowing the person inside and out, their passions and interests and quirks. It means that we can have fun together, and that our walls are down when we are with each other. Relaxed, casual, but also meaningful and memorable. It means honoring each other's individuality and merging with them at the same time. Using creativity to appeal to each other, to give the best gifts. Intimacy, respect, watching each other grow, just being another's person.
    This sounds like secure attachment style according to attachment theory. Also Personhood >>>>>> Individuality.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

helps to post a video, too

Thanks! And ahh I should have made an introduction. I'm 24, female, and I do have a few conditions(GAD, OCD, depression), so I am kind of a mess. I'm intrigued by the mix of typings here, people either usually type me Si dom or Ne dom so it's weird how I fall into these two extremes. >.>

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks! And ahh I should have made an introduction. I'm 24, female, and I do have a few conditions(GAD, OCD, depression), so I am kind of a mess. I'm intrigued by the mix of typings here, people either usually type me Si dom or Ne dom so it's weird how I fall into these two extremes. >.>
    If you think of your two most dominant functions as the dad and mom drivers in the front seat of the car of your life, and the two minor valued functions as the kids in the back of the car, when a crisis occurs and the dad and mom can't drive the car effectively, the kids will have to take over the task of driving the car as best they can.

This doesn't mean that the kids are good at driving the car; they aren't. But they might be all that you've got after a crisis.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! And ahh I should have made an introduction. I'm 24, female, and I do have a few conditions(GAD, OCD, depression), so I am kind of a mess.
    Thank you for sharing that. A lot of people here can qualify as "being a mess" including yours truly so welcome to the club !

I'm intrigued by the mix of typings here, people either usually type me Si dom or Ne dom so it's weird how I fall into these two extremes. >.
    It's quite common to be typed differently by different people in typology forums. That said, questionnaires are a good way to start and can help give an overview or rough shape about the TIM one might be the carrier of while excluding the least likely TIM but proper typing takes some time and a minimum of interaction with other forumites .

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si/Ne Ne /Si

Yep, i don't see a forward streamlined force in an Se Ni timeline with that clock ticking away, looking into the future waiting in expectation, rather, looking around it all-together with alternatives and mining them.

I call the Ne Si axis, as not being in the time/force pressure zones, but off the clock.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

If you can wash your brain, your brain isn't a wash, it is awash

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

Thanks! Any guesses between Fe/Ti or Fi/Te yet or nah?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your temperament is very open and looks like a P vs a J. Check, check.

So, not EII, LSE ESE LII. J types.

Cross out ILE, i don't see the NT type in pressing for Ti closures in logic.

How do you view comforts in being grounded in the moment, like overall conveniences and health, which is part of Si?

If IEE, do you want someone to be your secretary and take care of these details of life for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Expansion View Post
    Your temperament is very open and looks like a P vs a J. Check, check.

So, not EII, LSE ESE LII. J types.

Cross out ILE, i don't see the NT type in pressing for Ti closures in logic.

How do you view comforts in being grounded in the moment, like overall conveniences and health, which is part of Si?

If IEE, do you want someone to be your secretary and take care of these details of life for you?
    Grounded in the moment, I can appreciate it for sure, it's just hard to be grounded in the moments sometimes cause I'm so unfocused. I'm pretty good at taking care of my health overall though I think-my family teases me for eating stuff that's too spicy or that's been out too long but yeah, it's easy enough to take care of. I get mixed feelings when I hear the word "comfort", cause I think of stagnancy and boredom, but I also think of cocoa and playing games with family. I wouldn't complain if someone helped me, but I can take care of these details fine, I don't need a secretary or anything.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grounded in the moment, I can appreciate it for sure, it's just hard to be grounded in the moments sometimes cause I'm so unfocused. I'm pretty good at taking care of my health overall though I think-my family teases me for eating stuff that's too spicy or that's been out too long but yeah, it's easy enough to take care of. I get mixed feelings when I hear the word "comfort", cause I think of stagnancy and boredom, but I also think of cocoa and playing games with family. I wouldn't complain if someone helped me, but I can take care of these details fine, I don't need a secretary or anything.
    I'm going to vote IEE. SLI is securing this as a prime directive. More or less depending on type. In your salvo I see Delta, not Alpha, also.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calm dynamic introvert liking grumpy people? For sure, it's ILI.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's quick and dirty but one of the best ways to figure out one of your two main functions is, well, the romantic element. What kind of relationship would most excite you and arouse you on an uncontrolable and primal level? We all want what most any fantasy has to offer depending on our gender and sexual orientation (assuming healthy attachment and, by extension, healthy psychology in general) but they really can be narrowed down to 4 primary archetypes. Do you wish to claim and dominate or be claimed and dominated? Would you like to be gently and softly led or be the one who gently and softly leads?

This can take many forms depending on your culture and you have to be really honest with yourself and comfortable with whatever you admit to yourself. However, if you are you'll get a strong answer. I'm an ILI and thus a "victim" type. This also means I had to be either a Beta or a Gamma as only they have in the top positions and thus only they can be victims. Since all functions are dualistic and thus inextricably linked to each other I'd also be drawn towards (and draw towards myself without much effort) "Aggressor" types who are also only ever Betas or Gammas.

Not to say you can't have a rewarding and wonderful relationship with a partner that isn't a match for your romantic preferences but the both of you will then have to make compromises. This can, funny enough, help in the intimacy department as if they're willing to go outside their comfort zone to meet your needs they are obviously invested in you emotionally but you will both subtly frustrate each other. An Caregiver won't be immediately comfortable with being forceful and just "taking" their partner as an Infantile will not be immediately comfortable with being kabedon'd and told how they belong to their partner (i.e. they won't be comfortable with Aggressor/Victim language of bodily intimacy).

They can learn and even learn to like it, but that will be an act of intent on both sides rather than an easier sliding into a role they were already ready and waiting for. Even Mirror types will be able to get and switch pretty easy. Victim-Victim romances, for example, will have them both switching up the aggressor role pretty regularly as they both get what the other really wants and "equivalent exchange" is an easy enough concept to grok for the both of them.

Didn't mean for this to be a text wall digression but I do think it's a useful bit of advice as it will give you the "irrational" part of your information stack pretty reliably and narrow down your quadra to a binary choice thereby. Narrowing it all down is pretty hard at first and this is, like I said, a quick and dirty way to narrow it down quite a lot.