Kara

You mustn't think thought control Distance's Avatar
    TIM
    Fe Ni
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad it wasn't DEAD, he'd never come back here again....it'd be the final kill.

*joke alert*

Black & white is a shallow divide ∕∕division is the color that multipliesx

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

Abstract builds a soul, a house can never become a home without it

A little better makes better more>
    ♦♦

TIM
    ILI 5w4
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    Yeah, I agree. You need to actually have a valid case, and pinpoint the creative Fi within someone to type them xEE. If you don't have a case and the functional usage isn't obvious, then they probably aren't that type. Another reason is that people adhere to the stereotypes of each type description too much, and the issue with those are that they were written with a heavy Slavic/Eastern European cultural bent that doesn't directly apply to all cultures/cultural systems. Trying to cram people's online posts into that doesn't work effectively.

People need to understand functional usage, and take those descriptions with a pinch of salt as an example of how those functions within a person could manifest. They're very hypothetical (Ne, Ti) and not very much set in the real world or trialed, which leaves a margin for error.

The problem online is that it's hard to point out functions exactly, because there are so many definitions of what the functions entail, due to people making up systems and their own versions of Socionics. I want to go by the foundational model because it is the closest and most accurate interpretation of what Socionics is meant to be.
    Yeah, I think in general going by the foundational model is a solid idea. I think picking a model and sticking to it is a good way of making sure your ideas are logically consistent (makes it easier to decide which ideas line up with each other) and at the very least gives you a sort of baseline definition of functions you can reference. From my observations I see a lot of people fall into the trap of typing based on a more flimsy method (usually boils down to "vibes" despite being dressed up in different terminology) and then functions are clumsily added in after the vibe based typing which often results in inconsistency and an argument with logical holes the size of Jupiter.

It's not so much relating to it as it is picking out inconsistencies with how the function is, and how it isn't, and how I see these functions manifesting within my psyche and the dimensions (i.e. 4D, 3D, 2D, 1D) etc. If I notice that something is logically inconsistent with how I function, of course I am going to point that out. That's just how I function.
    This I agree with and this is also why I'm not a fan of attacking people for "type switching" especially if it's between similar types. It's one thing if it's between 2 completely different types like conflictors but if it's between types that say have similar valued functions or a type with the same function dimensions then I don't see the need to use that against them because I think it's important to adjust your line of thinking if you notice that your previous conclusion was inaccurate and had things that didn't logically add up.

Networking is difficult, and a waste of time in my eyes, for me. You have to actually maintain good relations with those people in order to succeed, instead of focusing on your actual work, and standing on that.
    This to me is consistent with other things you've said previously and also is one of the reasons I have an issue with the SEE typing. SEEs (base Se, creative Fi, demo Fe) are unlikely to have large issues with networking. You describe having to maintain good relations as an activity that's like a chore, like it takes a lot of energy and effort to deliberately do because it's an area of weakness which to me indicates a type with weak Fi.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    DEAD
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Yeah, I think in general going by the foundational model is a solid idea. I think picking a model and sticking to it is a good way of making sure your ideas are logically consistent (makes it easier to decide which ideas line up with each other) and at the very least gives you a sort of baseline definition of functions you can reference. From my observations I see a lot of people fall into the trap of typing based on a more flimsy method (usually boils down to "vibes" despite being dressed up in different terminology) and then functions are clumsily added in after the vibe based typing which often results in inconsistency and an argument with logical holes the size of Jupiter.
    I agree. Everything needs to make sense, and you need to have a solid line of reasoning to base your points upon. If you jump from say, Model A to Model G or vice versa, when you make you are going to end up confusing people and yourself. Vibes are inconsistent, especially if they don't line up with the literature/system at all. They are very vague and I always take them with a heap of salt. You need something observable and provable. And based off a real experience.

This I agree with and this is also why I'm not a fan of attacking people for "type switching" especially if it's between similar types. It's one thing if it's between 2 completely different types like conflictors but if it's between types that say have similar valued functions or a type with the same function dimensions then I don't see the need to use that against them because I think it's important to adjust your line of thinking if you notice that your previous conclusion was inaccurate and had things that didn't logically add up.
    Yeah, because it takes a while to read all the literature, and make sense of it and fully understand the system. But yeah, if someone is going from say IEE or LSI, that's kinda dumb. I agree that if it's something like from SEE to SLE, it's not impossible because they are both Se bases, or LIE to SEE because they share functions in common. People who change slightly might have realized something, and yes, like you said you do need to adjust your line of thinking if something doesn't logically add up.

This to me is consistent with other things you've said previously and also is one of the reasons I have an issue with the SEE typing. SEEs (base Se, creative Fi, demo Fe) are unlikely to have large issues with networking. You describe having to maintain good relations as an activity that's like a chore, like it takes a lot of energy and effort to deliberately do because it's an area of weakness which to me indicates a type with weak Fi.
    Yeah because honestly, I go to 'music conferences' to get information first and foremost. I went to one last year, and it was great. Very informative. There were opportunities to socialize and talk to people within the industry and make connections, but I didn't really talk to many people. They sorta approached me, and I tried my best to get through the covnersation. I wanted to just take the information, and go to dinner.

It honestly takes a lot of effort to try and maintain, or even start relationships for me. Compared to people who are actually highly ethical. They get by so effortlessly and just talk to people and 'form relations'. I try to get home as soon as I can. I don't see the point in small talk, genuinely. It's draining.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yaaroslav writes like Raptor Wizard. both are IEI ofc. dunno how DEAD thinks he is an extrovert when social interactions tire him.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raptor is psychotic. Yaaro is just a quirky nerd.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn everyone is IEI for Alive
    Formerly known as littleblackcloud!

TIM
    Fe Ni
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the asylum ^

♦♦

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swiatlo View Post
    damn everyone is IEI for Alive
    who are you kidding with your ESE or SEI self-typing shenanigans? in reality you just want to try out a couple of gloves to see how it makes you feel because having a set type for life would just be boring for someone like you that's all about self-expression. the same applies to many others here.
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by on a peaceful hiatus View Post
    who are you kidding with your ESE or SEI self-typing shenanigans? in reality you just want to try out a couple of gloves to see how it makes you feel because having a set type for life would just be boring for someone like you that's all about self-expression. the same applies to many others here.
    Well, you know what they say...

Variety is the spice of life, after all

TIM
    eii-ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, they think he is that?

WARNING : DANGER ZONE !!! Biscuit's Avatar
    TIM
    INFT
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expansion View Post
    Funny, the LIE's around here recognize him as their S counterpart.

I typed him LSE.
    actually he sometimes felt in something similar to T-N loop , he sometimes used to base his typing on a weak N function and jumped to conclusions based on guesswork , but both Te-Ne and Ne-Te loops are more objective than he used to be
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    DEAD
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Yaaroslav writes like Raptor Wizard. both are IEI ofc. dunno how DEAD thinks he is an extrovert when social interactions tire him.
    You're thinking of social introversion and extroversion.

You can be socially introverted and not like being around people, but can be focused on/energized by objects in the ego and vice versa, imo.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    You're thinking of social introversion and extroversion.

You can be socially introverted and not like being around people, but can be focused on/energized by objects in the ego and vice versa, imo.
    Or you can just be an introvert? I don't care about it honestly, though. You seem like the kind of person who will spend the rest of his life thinking about what type he is. Many people here are just designed to be like this it seems. A constant search of the self.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plot twist on @on a peaceful hiatus : so obsessed with IEIs actually can't see it's his IEI ego talking and wanting everybody everywhere to be IEI because of subjective ego manifestation (professional IEI identifier is right, nothing like possessing those cognitive functions inherently and being able to identify others with the same psychological patterns!)

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropex6 View Post
    plot twist on @on a peaceful hiatus : so obsessed with IEIs actually can't see it's his IEI ego talking and wanting everybody everywhere to be IEI because of subjective ego manifestation (professional IEI identifier is right, nothing like possessing those cognitive functions inherently and being able to identify others with the same psychological patterns!)
    Honestly I do not care about what type I am anymore. The 16 types are likely just really broad categories that don't tell you much about a person. I have been living in berlin for 10 years now and I lived 5 years in frankfurt am main. After all these years I have realized people have all kinds of personalities, even if they have the same type. You have the sensible artist, the philosopher, the rationalist who values impersonal logic and reason above all else, the scienstist who has peer-reviewed studies as his religion, the psychologist who can listen to other people's problems for hours and so many other archetypes that IEI who have more interest in people should be even more aware of than me. Instead of focusing on these broad 16 categories, people should look at these cultural tendencies and figure out in what niche they fit in best because chances are high that they will find like-minded people in them. Instead they believe, "well all identicals are the same according to socionics", brilliant. Saying I'm obsessed with a particular type is nonsensical. I love art and science, and it just appears that all of the more prominent figures in those field have the same broad type from my point of view. "Professional IEI Identifier" was more meant like a joke poking fun at myself but most people seem to take it very seriously. I thought about removing it a long time ago but I'm lazy about such things

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This concept of duality also seems extremly outdated to me, like you take two random people with opposing views on life and suddenly they will live happily ever after just because. The reality is probably that some people will never have a succesful relationship because of their character or genes or other factors like wanting to sleep around and experiencing different things and other people are made for long-term monogamous relationships that offer stability and comfort and they can supress their own ego to make it work long-term regardless of the types (outside of conflict of course). Understanding what you value in yourself and others is probably more important than a theory that only exists as a theoretical concept on paper developed before the internet

TIM
    DEAD
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Or you can just be an introvert? I don't care about it honestly, though. You seem like the kind of person who will spend the rest of his life thinking about what type he is. Many people here are just designed to be like this it seems. A constant search of the self.
    I don't have an issue with being an introvert, but the more I discover about Socionics makes me think I am Extroverted functionally. I don't care either, but I know I am some ST type, the more I look into it. But at the end of the day, the 16 types can only tell us so much about ourselves. They are limited. And yes, some people will search for themselves forever and others won't. Like you said, it's how people are designed.

I originally started looking at Socionics as a "step up" from MBTI which got boring for me, and as something to pass the time, but someday I will outgrow that too. I like a challenge, and I like learning new things and understanding things, but no system will be able to give you a full sense of self, if that's what people want. It is a hobby to me, but I get how obsessive people can become over it.

I used to be more obsessed than I am, but upon taking a step back, I realize it's futile. People will probably never agree with me about what type I am, and me them, but whatever. I think less about it than I did before and I will think less each day. Socionics was never meant to be anything more than a tool, a system, a guide. And now that's all it is. It will probably never be a real science either, but it is an interesting system nonetheless.

I'd never spend money on it to hear an opinion on my type.

Not worth it.

There are better things to spend money on.

But anyway, I see your point and it seems like you're stepping back and caring less about socionics yourself and that's cool too.

No type will ever fit anyone 100%. They are just best fits.

TIM
    SEI-H
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This concept of duality also seems extremly outdated to me, like you take two random people with opposing views on life and suddenly they will live happily ever after just because. The reality is probably that some people will never have a succesful relationship because of their character or genes or other factors like wanting to sleep around and experiencing different things and other people are made for long-term monogamous relationships that offer stability and comfort and they can supress their own ego to make it work long-term regardless of the types (outside of conflict of course). Understanding what you value in yourself and others is probably more important than a theory that only exists as a theoretical concept on paper developed before the internet
    I think it works the best if you actually need someone to weather the storm with you, given that you guys are going to the same destination. It's kinda rare so that's what makes it special. Not any dual would do. Maybe it's just more of - the one who is exactly meant for you is a dual. As in if you just want to find the perfect fit. Most of us don't find the right one or don't care about finding the right one. It could even be that your exact dual hasn't been born this lifetime, idk. Some people have a feeling that they need to find them though, it's more for them.

Personally, I just wonder why the happily ever after view is kinda frowned upon now. They keep on saying be more realistic, etc etc. People get burned once or twice now they start giving up. That includes other things in life. Very weak! Obviously I would want someone who wants to make it happen and would always try, you know? let's get it let's go

Haikus
    TIM
    SLI-C
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I do not care about what type I am anymore. The 16 types are likely just really broad categories that don't tell you much about a person. I have been living in berlin for 10 years now and I lived 5 years in frankfurt am main. After all these years I have realized people have all kinds of personalities, even if they have the same type. You have the sensible artist, the philosopher, the rationalist who values impersonal logic and reason above all else, the scienstist who has peer-reviewed studies as his religion, the psychologist who can listen to other people's problems for hours and so many other archetypes that IEI who have more interest in people should be even more aware of than me. Instead of focusing on these broad 16 categories, people should look at these cultural tendencies and figure out in what niche they fit in best because chances are high that they will find like-minded people in them. Instead they believe, "well all identicals are the same according to socionics", brilliant. Saying I'm obsessed with a particular type is nonsensical. I love art and science, and it just appears that all of the more prominent figures in those field have the same broad type from my point of view. "Professional IEI Identifier" was more meant like a joke poking fun at myself but most people seem to take it very seriously. I thought about removing it a long time ago but I'm lazy about such things
    FWIW I think you're an LII. You need to seal up your cracks and disallow enemies from needling your insecurities. Even if the content is somewhat truthful, it's still an attack designed to hurt you. Control yourself.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    FWIW I think you're an LII. You need to seal up your cracks and disallow enemies from needling your insecurities. Even if the content is somewhat truthful, it's still an attack designed to hurt you. Control yourself.
    So...genuine concern, but if that's how you have to be, then where's the fun in talking about this stuff? This might be type related, but that sounds like a very Fi/Te attitude to guard yourself in a forum that talks about psychology in a very personal way, especially one that people seek out in order to type themselves and others. If he's LII, like you say, then he's Ne+Fe and I'd say would want to be open about feelings and what he's thinking and such and that's what he's doing. It's something healthy ESEs seem to be pretty good at and probably what is the benefit of a relationship between LII/ESE imo. I think it's kind of nice, if people aren't vindictive about what is said. Without that, it's then just a forum run by Fi/Te values I suppose.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you just described duality. J types suppress their desires and get the advantage of long term stability. P types do the opposite. I have EP IP couples as friends (only a few, it's very difficult for me with irrationals). They are constaly quarreling , leaving each other and sometimes cheating. Imho they waste time doing this but it's just the way they live. IJ types are the best at suppressing every kind of desire and EP types the worst. Among these, NT types are the best at suppressing every physical desire and SF the worst (and vice versa: NT types are also the worst at satisfying pyhsical desires...)
    Last edited by FDG; 02-27-2024 at 11:54 AM.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yes you just described duality. J types suppress their desires and get the advantage of long term stability. P types do the opposite. I have EP IP couples as friends (only a few, it's very difficult for me with irrationals). They are constaly quarreling , leaving each other and sometimes cheating. Imho they waste time doing this but it's just the way they live. IJ types are the best at suppressing every kind of desire and EP types the worst. Among these, NT types are the best at suppressing every physical desire and SF the worst (and vice versa: NT types are also the worst at satisfying pyhsical desires...)
    I think you did not understand any of the points I was making at all. You just write some random stuff that I can't possibly verify, in that sense you are extremly similar to Adam Strange. you both casually say LSI are this, I have met this ESI at this very brief interaction yesterday, EP are like this, like it's the most natural thing for you to do to throw these typings around who are almost always going to be incorrect, so I am pretty bored by this way of talking. the point I was making is that people fall into specific types of groups regardless of the type they have. you would probably describe yourself as an individualist and a capitalist, someone who is not very expressive and evaluates everything from a pragmatic, cost/benefit "logic and reason" kind of perspective. of course you are going to get along with other people who are like this, and you are going to feel distaste for collectivistic idealists who care about social justice, even if they had the same sociotype as you. duality is stupid in the sense that it assumes every dual would just get along and you have 16 types and that's it. it's an extremly outdated concept and should be seen as nothing but a first attempt and categorizing relationship that doesn't hold up very well.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I think it works the best if you actually need someone to weather the storm with you, given that you guys are going to the same destination. It's kinda rare so that's what makes it special. Not any dual would do. Maybe it's just more of - the one who is exactly meant for you is a dual. As in if you just want to find the perfect fit. Most of us don't find the right one or don't care about finding the right one. It could even be that your exact dual hasn't been born this lifetime, idk. Some people have a feeling that they need to find them though, it's more for them.

Personally, I just wonder why the happily ever after view is kinda frowned upon now. They keep on saying be more realistic, etc etc. People get burned once or twice now they start giving up. That includes other things in life. Very weak! Obviously I would want someone who wants to make it happen and would always try, you know? let's get it let's go
    but what if you just find any other type to weather the storm with you? two people are better than one. for most of human history, people lived in small communities. who knows if duality was even that important during that time. maybe it's really more important that people are similar in other attributes. does my partner also care about social issues in some shape or form or are they also caring about the environment like I do or other things. maybe that's more important to avoid tensions in a relationship than a social justice warrior marrying a capitalist for example who are going to feel almost repulsion.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you did not understand any of the points I was making at all. You just write some random stuff that I can't possibly verify, in that sense you are extremly similar to Adam Strange. you both casually say LSI are this, I have met this ESI at this very brief interaction yesterday, EP are like this, like it's the most natural thing for you to do to throw these typings around who are almost always going to be incorrect, so I am pretty bored by this way of talking. the point I was making is that people fall into specific types of groups regardless of the type they have. you would probably describe yourself as an individualist and a capitalist, someone who is not very expressive and evaluates everything from a pragmatic, cost/benefit "logic and reason" kind of perspective. of course you are going to get along with other people who are like this, and you are going to feel distaste for collectivistic idealists who care about social justice, even if they had the same sociotype as you. duality is stupid in the sense that it assumes every dual would just get along and you have 16 types and that's it. it's an extremly outdated concept and should be seen as nothing but a first attempt and categorizing relationship that doesn't hold up very well.
    I find it extremely difficult to follow what you are saying. This is a psychology forum where people can talk freely we are not writing an academic paper with every post...it's like being at the local bar with some friends and throwing out ideas...

I actually am a kind of anarcho-collectivist from an ideological pov so your diagnosis of my personality is quite off mark and even offensive, if I were to meet you on the street i would punch you straight away for the bullshit you are saying about me, put me on ignore please
    Last edited by FDG; 02-28-2024 at 07:44 AM.

TIM
    SEI-H
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but what if you just find any other type to weather the storm with you? two people are better than one. for most of human history, people lived in small communities. who knows if duality was even that important during that time. maybe it's really more important that people are similar in other attributes. does my partner also care about social issues in some shape or form or are they also caring about the environment like I do or other things. maybe that's more important to avoid tensions in a relationship than a social justice warrior marrying a capitalist for example who are going to feel almost repulsion.
    I think them caring about things that you like could be very much not a part of duality, and these people could even be worse at connecting with you in that area. I mean sure they get interested but your thing is not their thing. It's more practical like if you really need help. Maybe worse way to put it is if you really have no one to turn to but for some reason you get saved. Se leads mostly single me out, people are intimidated by them, for some reason I end up being with them. So now I don't have to deal with being lost physically and socially. There are times when I can just stay there and be "social" when in reality they're the only ones really constantly engaging with other people while I talk sporadically. I don't really like engaging in groups, but then I am seen as aloof most of the time, but now I don't even have to think how I come off because I'm not the primary focus. I can even just focus on them and they will talk in behalf of me. They have the presence anyway. If I just try to think about it, it's actually very valuable given that I try to be as sheltered as possible and I don't want to deal with anyone. But like I said places where I see Se I would say I prefer not to go to anyway. These days that I'm more sedentary I can still tell friends and acquaintances I don't want to deal with that I am busy with work and studies and they would understand why I don't socialize. I can stay at home, I'll pay for whatever's needed to remove discomfort, I can avoid people except family. Duals won't be able to help with the work I'm doing too, so it's very easy to not care for duality since I'm in my comfort zone.

Other people help in many ways, just not in ways that have strong impact for me. Of course helping with resource is the highest as a human, guess even duality can't trump that, but for example I even see more of your duals and they have never made me feel comfortable in social settings and in fact just made me walk on eggshells more because I just know that the things that I naturally say are crass to them. I was at an ancestral house for viewing months ago and in front of other people I disagreed about what the guide was talking about some historical person. I don't know why I did it with an annoyed face too, I know it was embarrassing but well I said it already. I can see the ESE wince in pain almost because of how dumb I was, same ESE who was trying a lot to be amiable and respond to the guide's random ways to engage. My duals can be very informal and shitty almost, but they can put honey to their actions while I can't. Even this SEI friend of mine would understand me to some extent but would always react that my ways of talking are "intense" in a joking way when we would just talk casually. It doesn't really give peace to me you know.

Well in romantic relationships, idk maybe. We choose based on love when we already have the resources so in the end for most people duality doesn't matter. Also typically when you get in love with someone you can forgive certain things until things break down. People can also be delusional, and who is telling you to stop the delusion? You can always excuse someone and just forever think they're the best. Or think something like "they may not be helpful with this, but they have always been [good trait]", "they may not be my type but they are a very good partner" and many more. Romantic relationships benefit from that actually. There's just a lot of ways a non-dual partnership can last. Most people don't even think about these things, they just have certain boxes to check. Also idk, my duals aren't really my main type and I am sure not theirs. If I'm feeling pessimistic I would just say duals are last resorts and last shot to life.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, this is arguably all more important than Socionics. Shared values is important for any relationship to last (and not that I'm an expert on relationships or anything, but I think it's easy to see why this is important). Conflictors can in theory form overall positive relations, based on shared values.

But what Socionics relations do explain, as far as I can see from a practical and theoretical standpoint, is that if you have shared values, your psychological comfort will be much higher between You and your Dual versus You and your Conflictor. Conflictors have to process their qualia through a super-ego, which takes more energy and is ultimately unsatisfying to their subconscious desires/motivations. But Duals appeal to each other's Ego via each other's Subconscious, so there is a much more natural give-and-take. And from this perspective, every other relation is really then an attempt at a theoretical explanation of the psychological comfort between two people, imo; though details, understanding, and personal experiences will ultimately differ from person to person, or at least you would suspect them to, lest fuckery is afoot.
    cya

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it extremely difficult to follow what you are saying. This is a psychology forum where people can talk freely we are not writing an academic paper with every post...it's like being at the local bar with some friends and throwing out ideas...

I actually am a kind of anarcho-collectivist from an ideological pov so your diagnosis of my personality is quite off mark and even offensive, if I were to meet you on the street i would punch you straight away for the bullshit you are saying about me, put me on ignore please
    you don't have to follow me. I just don't see any value in throwing around typings like they are candy and none of them have any kind of theoretical basis. most of the time it feels like pointless small-talk with people adding three letters to a sentence and it ultimatively doesn't make a difference. I think you are extremly similar to Adam Strange, if you both switched accounts I wouldn't recognize it in the end. I find it highly doubtful you would ever be able to punch me in real life or that you would even have the confidence to do it when you stand before me, so your empty threats just make me laugh. your reaction in itself seems highly emotional for a "logical" type.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I think them caring about things that you like could be very much not a part of duality, and these people could even be worse at connecting with you in that area. I mean sure they get interested but your thing is not their thing. It's more practical like if you really need help. Maybe worse way to put it is if you really have no one to turn to but for some reason you get saved. Se leads mostly single me out, people are intimidated by them, for some reason I end up being with them. So now I don't have to deal with being lost physically and socially. There are times when I can just stay there and be "social" when in reality they're the only ones really constantly engaging with other people while I talk sporadically. I don't really like engaging in groups, but then I am seen as aloof most of the time, but now I don't even have to think how I come off because I'm not the primary focus. I can even just focus on them and they will talk in behalf of me. They have the presence anyway. If I just try to think about it, it's actually very valuable given that I try to be as sheltered as possible and I don't want to deal with anyone. But like I said places where I see Se I would say I prefer not to go to anyway. These days that I'm more sedentary I can still tell friends and acquaintances I don't want to deal with that I am busy with work and studies and they would understand why I don't socialize. I can stay at home, I'll pay for whatever's needed to remove discomfort, I can avoid people except family. Duals won't be able to help with the work I'm doing too, so it's very easy to not care for duality since I'm in my comfort zone.

Other people help in many ways, just not in ways that have strong impact for me. Of course helping with resource is the highest as a human, guess even duality can't trump that, but for example I even see more of your duals and they have never made me feel comfortable in social settings and in fact just made me walk on eggshells more because I just know that the things that I naturally say are crass to them. I was at an ancestral house for viewing months ago and in front of other people I disagreed about what the guide was talking about some historical person. I don't know why I did it with an annoyed face too, I know it was embarrassing but well I said it already. I can see the ESE wince in pain almost because of how dumb I was, same ESE who was trying a lot to be amiable and respond to the guide's random ways to engage. My duals can be very informal and shitty almost, but they can put honey to their actions while I can't. Even this SEI friend of mine would understand me to some extent but would always react that my ways of talking are "intense" in a joking way when we would just talk casually. It doesn't really give peace to me you know.

Well in romantic relationships, idk maybe. We choose based on love when we already have the resources so in the end for most people duality doesn't matter. Also typically when you get in love with someone you can forgive certain things until things break down. People can also be delusional, and who is telling you to stop the delusion? You can always excuse someone and just forever think they're the best. Or think something like "they may not be helpful with this, but they have always been [good trait]", "they may not be my type but they are a very good partner" and many more. Romantic relationships benefit from that actually. There's just a lot of ways a non-dual partnership can last. Most people don't even think about these things, they just have certain boxes to check. Also idk, my duals aren't really my main type and I am sure not theirs. If I'm feeling pessimistic I would just say duals are last resorts and last shot to life.
    over the years, I have developed friendships with multiple sensing types so they help me in a way when I'm in practical trouble. I see all of them as people who are even grateful to help me because it's something concrete and pragmatic to do. Like I said, the whole point I was making is that within a type, people can be very very different, so these differences must influence duality in some shape or form, and this isn't talking about DCNH, it seems to be ingrained in people. as more of a scientist, I ultimatively believe humans do not have a free will and that the way they respond to information from the outside is ultimatively determined by their genes, but since there are many social groups, more than 16, there must be certain tendencies that people develop that influence the way they deal with others, and one important one seems to be collectivism/individualism. I watched a handful of videos of people who have been married for 50 years or so and what I have noticed is that they were almost always similar in views on the world. my parents are married for 32 years and I'm wondering what it is that they do better than most people who have horrible relationships. why do my male friends who are engineers date emotional women who care a lot about social issues and they all fall apart eventually. socionics intertype relationships matter, but it seems to me that something like a comparative ITR with people who are very similar on a value spectrum are doing better than duals who share nothing in common. I can't really add much to relationships because it is simply not a field I can analyze as a logical type. I'm just typing people and observing if the two types work out or not.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you don't have to follow me. I just don't see any value in throwing around typings like they are candy and none of them have any kind of theoretical basis. most of the time it feels like pointless small-talk with people adding three letters to a sentence and it ultimatively doesn't make a difference. I think you are extremly similar to Adam Strange, if you both switched accounts I wouldn't recognize it in the end. I find it highly doubtful you would ever be able to punch me in real life or that you would even have the confidence to do it when you stand before me, so your empty threats just make me laugh. your reaction in itself seems highly emotional for a "logical" type.
    Ahahah. I'd probably be able to kill you before you even notice. And now someone will ban me for this post. But you started the aggression and criticism so someone must shut you down.

And surely Adam would never write a post like this.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now someone will ban me for this post. But you started the aggression and criticism so someone must shut you down.
    Don't worry. I doubt anyone here cares enough about you to bother. I would recommend getting mental help when some minor dispute like this already sends you over the edge, though.

Haikus
    TIM
    SLI-C
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahahah. I'd probably be able to kill you before you even notice. And now someone will ban me for this post. But you started the aggression and criticism so someone must shut you down.

I agree, he's not strong enough.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry. I doubt anyone here cares enough about you to bother. I would recommend getting mental help when some minor dispute like this already sends you over the edge, though.
    So you basically go around insulting other people for days an expect no reaction? Idk man ....

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol, @FDG. You are correct. I would never write a post threatening someone, especially with physical violence. I have been in several fist fights in my life, and I don't like them. I won half and lost half, and even when I won, I didn't enjoy my triumph over those people. My physical fights also involved a lot of blood (mine and theirs), and while I don't mind the sight of my own blood, I get sick at the sight of other people's blood.

I eventually figured out that physical fights are not my style. If someone is pissing me off and I don't see any way to change the situation to my advantage, I either fire them or I work to destroy their company. It can be done if you have the right connections and are patient.
    A word here, a lost contract there, and soon they have too few resources to matter to anyone.

In any case, I prefer turning opponents into fellow-travelers. The world is a more pleasant and predictable place when a guy is pissing out of your tent, rather than pissing into it.

My dreams are not actually about harming individuals. My ambitions are to eliminate whole classes of people. Aggressive and stupid Authoritarians, for example. There must be a way...... Maybe promote fake news stories to get them excited about some war they can join, or some vaccinations they can avoid.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Lol, @FDG. You are correct. I would never write a post threatening someone, especially with physical violence. I have been in several fist fights in my life, and I don't like them. I won half and lost half, and even when I won, I didn't enjoy it. My physical fights also involved a lot of blood (mine and theirs), and while I don't mind the sight of my own blood, I get sick at the sight of other people's blood.

I eventually figured out that physical fights are not my style. If someone is pissing me off and I don't see any way to change the situation to my advantage, I either fire them or I work to destroy their company. It can be done if you have the right connections and are patient.

In any case, I prefer turning opponents into fellow-travelers. The world is a more pleasant and predictable place when a guy is pissing out of your tent, rather than pissing into it.

My dreams are not actually about harming individuals. My ambitions are to eliminate whole classes of people. Aggressive and stupid Authoritarians, for example. There must be a way...... Maybe get them excited through fake news stories about some war they can join......
    Of course I agree with you completely. It depends on what you are used to. In north east Italy, sayiing 'I will kill you' it's quite a daily thing among males in a normal interaction. It means 'get off my way you asshole'. learned hardly that in the US and Germany is considerer quite literally.
    I haven't been in physical fight since I was 16 , basically there was always everything to lose.

I already had this discussion with a EIi forum member (Minde?) who used to think i belonged in an asylum whereas I was just using a normal interaction style for multi active cultures.
    Last edited by FDG; 02-28-2024 at 12:49 PM.

TIM
    Fe Ni
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the LIE's here at 16T.

Their thoughts are intuitive and I absorb them in their essences.

Also also, the forum could use more extraverts, any energy spins everything like a top, like tuning forks, one to the other, cascading waves of thoughts in your temple, symbolically.

♦♦

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you basically go around insulting other people for days an expect no reaction? Idk man ....
    You made it seem like I've insulted your mother or something. Well it's all good and who cares. I do think you and Adam are very alike, even if Adam is less direct, but I'm not saying people are carbon copies of each other. I did see some reflective states in adam, so he isn't exactly a convinced capitalist either, but both of you have a sort of business approach to life. I don't think you are Te though, but that's a question of how you define it.

Quote Originally Posted by Expansion View Post
    any energy spins everything like a top, like tuning forks, one to the other, cascading waves of thoughts in your temple, symbolically.
    Raptor Wizard is that you?

TIM
    Fe Ni
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

♦♦

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your mistake is that you call the types "personality" types, when they in reality have nothing to do with your personality. Why spend time on a socionics site when you only use MBTI terminology anyway?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You made it seem like I've insulted your mother or something. Well it's all good and who cares. I do think you and Adam are very alike, even if Adam is less direct, but I'm not saying people are carbon copies of each other. I did see some reflective states in adam, so he isn't exactly a convinced capitalist either, but both of you have a sort of business approach to life. I don't think you are Te though, but that's a question of how you define it.

Raptor Wizard is that you?
    Ah so now that I treathened to kill you you are nice. Fine.