Thread: Socionically unfavourable relationships

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don’t think she was trying to hurt me. I think she just places a very high value on her own security, and is selfish. For example, whenever she dished out food, she would 100% of the time give herself the largest portion. I don’t think she allowed herself to realize that fact.
    In her mind, she wanted to believe that she was completely fair.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I don’t think she was trying to hurt me. I think she just places a very high value on her own security, and is selfish. For example, whenever she dished out food, she would 100% of the time give herself the largest portion. I don’t think she allowed herself to realize that fact.
    It's true, SLI's can often think of themselves as the good guys when objectively, their actions say something different.

I'm sure i've been guilty of this myself.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post
    It's true, SLI's can often think of themselves as the good guys when objectively, their actions say something different.
    Is this why my SLI mom *never* will trade letters with me in Scrabble? Even when people are okay with trading in a game! It's very sinister.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this is funny cause I always get annoyed when people push large portions on me, especially if they just make a shitload, then calculate they need to give me x+1 so they can justify taking x, which is the amount they actually want (they built in their "sacrifice" at zero cost, just to head off empty complaints they aren't sacrificing enough). its all empty posturing, when people should take as much as they want and not punish me by making a big deal over how much I do or do not eat so they can feel better about their own choices, and if you think you're being short shifted just freakin say something. own your choices people. the whole thing is entirely superfluous no one is going hungry, and yet here we are, playing mind games over nothing

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    this is funny cause I always get annoyed when people push large portions on me, especially if they just make a shitload, then calculate they need to give me x+1 so they can justify taking x, which is the amount they actually want (they built in their "sacrifice" at zero cost, just to head off empty complaints they aren't sacrificing enough). its all empty posturing, when people should take as much as they want and not punish me by making a big deal over how much I do or do not eat so they can feel better about their own choices, and if you think you're being short shifted just freakin say something. own your choices people. the whole thing is entirely superfluous no one is going hungry, and yet here we are, playing mind games over nothing
    Yes, thats right. But I've seen a lot of Ni's and especially LIEs (no personal anything towards LIEs). I mean, looking for hidden meanings and putting secret blames in others and accusing them of nonexistent moral meanings behind their actions as if they are able to see right through ppl minds. Maybe it has something to do with Fi seeking and Ni. What freaks me out is not the fact of they inferring x or y, but the fact that they actually convince themselves to the point of believing that their suspicions and conclusions about the motivations and unsaid thoughts of others are completely true. Like if they were able to read minds.
    They make assumptions and then they believe them as truth. I've seen others Gamma doing similar stuff, so I think its Fi Ni together, and the victim-aggressor style. Victims seem to always being looking for guilty, an aggressor, someone to blame, "who did what against me and for what reason and hidden meaning". Too much suspicion and paranoia with little evidence.

I do the thing of serving different portions all the time. It depends on the person I'm serving too and if s/he is hungry or his/her regular portions. Its completely and totally physically oriented. If I'm very hungry I'll take a large portion. Not because I'm very hungry I'm going to serve a huge portion to the other person. Thats not reasonable. I've been accused of serving large portions before so I often try to ask about the portions or just go with a standard size. If the person wants more there can be a second portion. But if its too much and they dont want the food, it will be wasted at the end. I dislike wasting.
    Last edited by Faith; 03-14-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol Adam, your stuff always cracks me up.

It could be about fairness, or maybe she was just hungry and consciously or subconsciously choosing a large portion. Thats more logical if you consider that SLIs are Si lead and Si is about taking care of themself. I think you as LIE could be subconsciously oriented towards seeking Introverted Feelings and ethical relational (Fi) meanings and probably dismissing Si usual focus due Si PoLR. I think the interpretation of others actions also depends on perspective.
    Last edited by Faith; 03-12-2018 at 07:16 AM.