TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    You literally agreed with everyone's self-typings
    Not quite! I only typed people I'm familiar with, and at least a couple of them didn't have anything in their self-typing column, partially because they themselves are unsure of their types (and/or don't care). And the ones I agree with I've thought through, so it's not blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Not with mine, for example. As I openly doubted in her being EII, about what we had not a calm discussion.
    And mb also wants to see my video very much. I'd look at her one with a pleasure too. There would be a chance to type at least one (!) girl on two largest socionics forums (this English and the other Russian) during 10(!) years to my dual (with assurance). There is summerprincess, but I keep some doubts.
    Haha, thanks for the backup.

Our conversation was so calm! I was calm, at least. So long as they're civil and respectful, questions or doubts as to my type are fine.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    So long as they're civil and respectful, questions or doubts as to my type are fine.
    I hope on your indulgence to me - wild Russian barbarian.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    self-typings don't generally have a high degree of accuracy
    They should to have not worser accuracy than experienced typers give in case of minimum study of the typology (a couple of books or comparable) theory and watching how it works on people near, to understand own type by its traits and IR. It's also obligate stage, after the initial gathering of others' opinions, - to be sure in own type - the self-typing, as there is no basis to trust others when they have typing matches <20-40% and have nothing objective to trust them. Especially to the ones who followes heresies and strange theoretical interpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Interesting, any particular reason you believe this?
    I suspect he follows the bias that the more "smart words" a typer knows, the better he types. Even if those words baseless heresy.
    To know classical theory and to study to apply it correctly on practice to understand own type - will take some time. Several monthes of efforts. Those who do not do this - indeed have lower chance to understand own type correctly than an experienced typer (which uses normal theory).

> I actually think that if people have done a few tests and read a bit and report the most frequent typing they get on tests than the chances of that typing being at least close to the real type are pretty high.

Tests are helpful, but it's not enough. In <50% the average of the tests results is expected as the correct type. I was LSI in the most of test, for example.

> I honestly think sometimes this forum rather confuses typings instead of elucidating them.

Mostly because sometimes people do not give videos.
    Last edited by Sol; 04-27-2018 at 05:58 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Tests are helpful, but it's not enough. In <50% the average of the tests results is expected as the correct type. I was LSI in the most of test, for example.
    You know, for an LSE getting LSI on tests is not that bad. First, it got that you are rational - that's pretty good. It also was on the money that you are ST club, that's also pretty good. Maybe it just somehow assumed introversion and that might have something to do with your subtype (could you be Si subtype?). Anyhow, my point is that those tests are close to your self-typing (and I have no problem accepting LSE for you).

I get EII on tests recently. I'd say that's not too bad since it got that I'm Fi ego, and leaning delta.

Overall i think tests can give you some guidance, like a starting point.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    You know, for an LSE getting LSI on tests is not that bad.
    Good tests may to have accuracy ~30 % or higher. So they are useful, as it's far from 1/16. But to use only them is risky. 3/4 correct dichotomies they'd show in >40 %.

> Maybe it just somehow assumed introversion and that might have something to do with your subtype (could you be Si subtype?)

My surface behavior _changed_ some closer to introversion since teenager years by non-types reasons. I do not support subtypes. The degree of functions balance may differ in different people. I may to have a little better N, for example, than average LSE - as I train Ne for years by typing and had some Ni practice earlier. If I'd communicated more with base Fi types - my F would develop higher than average for this type.

> I get EII on tests recently. I'd say that's not too bad since it got that I'm Fi ego, and leaning delta.

I doubt in your Fi. I do not remember whether I saw your video. I'd could to say the impressions from you by it.