Thread: Kirk Hammett

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kirk Hammett

I'm really interested in knowing this guy's type, I saw him typed here as IEI, IEE, SEI.

Here are some of his quotes:

- Basically I just had to say, "Screw everyone around me - from now on I'm just gonna play what I think is important to me and our music." So I gave the big finger to all the current trends in technical wizardry, and just went off and did what I felt was best for the songs.
    - James always wanted to be perceived as this guy who is very confident and strong. And for him to write lyrics like that - showing a sensitive side - took a lot of balls. (about his SLI friend).
    - Everyone has a side to them that's kind of unexplained and feels misunderstood.
    - A life lived unexplored is a life not worth living.
    - I don't think success has changed us as people at all. We are the same lunatics that we were when this band first got going. We never see ourselves as being on a higher level than our fans.
    - I didn't want to fall into the trap of competing with all these other great guitar players. I just want to sidestep the whole thing and get out of the race.
    - I feel really fortunate that, in playing guitar and surfing, I've found two things that mean so much to me, and which really complement each other. There's definitely a spiritual thing to both of them; they totally connect you to a higher realm.
    - I was really, really wild in my early twenties and a bit self-destructive.
    - Metallica is a very complicated, fragile thing. On the outside, it's all metal, but on the inside it's very delicate.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks SEI to me?

Edit
    : I had a look through your quotes, without looking into them too deeply this stood out for me:

-I was really, really wild in my early twenties and a bit self-destructive.

Anyone can be destructive (and/or wild) But Si is Sensing (Sensation) and Se is Force. Si leads can be destructive in their search for sensing. Might be alcohol, food, parties and stuff, things that are sensation based. Se can too of course, but their brand of sensing is more about forcing what they want on others, expanding their territory etc.

Si is more about their own territory, experiencing the world through their senses to nourish their subjective interpretation, mostly pleasure orientated. Without going too deeply, the self-destructive stood out (Si taken to extreme) rather than other-destructive (Se, Force), but, the overall quote.

Edit 2:

- I don't think success has changed us as people at all. We are the same lunatics that we were when this band first got going. We never see ourselves as being on a higher level than our fans.

Superficially, non serious quadra, quadra speaking sounds more Alpha than any.

Edit 3:

- I didn't want to fall into the trap of competing with all these other great guitar players. I just want to sidestep the whole thing and get out of the race.

I guess when it gets right down to it, he didn't want to take part in an Se environment, but probably could have done OK if he wanted to - Si type, strong but unvalued Se. SLI is more likely to compete than SEI due to the productive nature of So, even more SeFi than SeTi to me, since SEI would typically rather stay in the middle, neither too good nor too bad.
    Last edited by at sirac son of sirac; 03-01-2018 at 03:46 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems SEI

D subtype
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post

Edit
    : I had a look through your quotes, without looking into them too deeply this stood out for me:

-I was really, really wild in my early twenties and a bit self-destructive.

Anyone can be destructive (and/or wild) But Si is Sensing (Sensation) and Se is Force. Si leads can be destructive in their search for sensing. Might be alcohol, food, parties and stuff, things that are sensation based. Se can too of course, but their brand of sensing is more about forcing what they want on others, expanding their territory etc.

Si is more about their own territory, experiencing the world through their senses to nourish their subjective interpretation, mostly pleasure orientated. Without going too deeply, the self-destructive stood out (Si taken to extreme) rather than other-destructive (Se, Force), but, the overall quote.
    Interesting observation. In most of his interviews he seems unwell. But I read something about IEEs from Gulenko description "sometimes he makes an impression of a superficial, high-spirited and carefree person. It is possible for him to get sucked into the vortex of pleasant life which could lead to unpleasant consequences" This to me seems similar to Kirk in some way, this too "Light and kind in communication. With his sincerity and warmth inspires trust."
    But who knows lol I know someone who looks similar to him but is more controlled in behavior, I typed him NF. Though SEI also crossed my mind but there's something bugging me about it as he seems intuitive to me and NF. I type him intuitive because he seems kinda gullible. SEIs I've known are usually more aware, cautious and grounded. This dude seems high all the time lol.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gods cannot be typed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    Gods cannot be typed.
    He may be a god to you but he'll die, just like David Bowie, Prince, Johnny Cash and the rest of them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Interesting observation. In most of his interviews he seems unwell. But I read something about IEEs from Gulenko description "sometimes he makes an impression of a superficial, high-spirited and carefree person. It is possible for him to get sucked into the vortex of pleasant life which could lead to unpleasant consequences" This to me seems similar to Kirk in some way, this too "Light and kind in communication. With his sincerity and warmth inspires trust."
    But who knows lol I know someone who looks similar to him but is more controlled in behavior, I typed him NF. Though SEI also crossed my mind but there's something bugging me about it as he seems intuitive to me and NF. I type him intuitive because he seems kinda gullible. SEIs I've known are usually more aware, cautious and grounded. This dude seems high all the time lol.
    I've seen IEEs like this, usually after 10 years (for some reason they're able to stretch it out), they end up bankrupt, or there is a pile of unopened bills at their letter box, whilst they are out living the 'vortex of the pleasant life', the unpleasant consequences being their world falling apart. Maybe Gulenko meant something else? I'm not aware of the full quote.

Light and kind in communication. With his sincerity and warmth inspires trust.
    SEIs too, don't you think?

Though SEI also crossed my mind but there's something bugging me about it as he seems intuitive to me and NF. I type him intuitive because he seems kinda gullible. SEIs I've known are usually more aware, cautious and grounded. This dude seems high all the time lol.
    True, but it's the lifestyle. Also he'll no doubt be around a lot of intuitives, given the nature of his work. It would no doubt rub off on him

SEIs can appear a little gullible too, don't you think? Except they are able to defend themself quite well, even physically if required.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen IEEs like this, usually after 10 years (for some reason they're able to stretch it out), they end up bankrupt, or there is a pile of unopened bills at their letter box, whilst they are out living the 'vortex of the pleasant life', the unpleasant consequences being their world falling apart. Maybe Gulenko meant something else? I'm not aware of the full quote.
    Perhaps. Here's the part that he talks about this if you want.
    "IEE is able to fully relax only in a thoroughly comfortable environment where he can feel himself at home and not worry about complications. He needs substantial doses of pleasant experiences; personal enjoyment plays a big role in his life. He loves it when he is surrounded by comfort, domestic coziness, help and care shown in concrete actions. Due to his preference for this kind of leisure, sometimes he makes an impression of a superficial, high-spirited and carefree person. It is possible for him to get sucked into the vortex of pleasant life which could lead to unpleasant consequences. He doesn't take care much of himself and can do with very little, however, physical and emotional discomfort will eventually undermine his health. He seeks the kind of lifestyle that isn't be too heavily burdened with contention and the need to fight for one's existence."

SEIs can appear a little gullible too, don't you think?
    Indeed, I think all ethicals can appear gullible but I guess it's about which type is really gullible... My friend is SEI, she can seem like that but if I compare her with Kirk (and that guy), it's different. Like beneath SEI's easy going, warm, calm aura, they are much more careful, it's often not apparent (maybe it has to do with Se ignoring?). This imo is indicator of sensing. Haha but that's a lame reason lol even though I use it to differentiate between sensors/intuitives most of the time. Kirk doesn't seem a grounded person to me. I also doubt that it's because of the nature of his work. He even kinda remind me of ILEs because of his demeanor.

Except they are able to defend themself quite well, even physically if required.

True that. It reminded of something that happened with my SEI friend. They also become serious and sharp when they see someone is not being treated well. It surprises me haha. They're like calm most of the time, but like you said if it's required, don't mess with them.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He may be a god to you but he'll die, just like David Bowie, Prince, Johnny Cash and the rest of them.
    No, I don't believe in gods.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    No, I don't believe in gods.
    And yet there you are worshipping Hammett.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy
    Indeed, I think all ethicals can appear gullible but I guess it's about which type is really gullible... My friend is SEI, she can seem like that but if I compare her with Kirk (and that guy), it's different. Like beneath SEI's easy going, warm, calm aura, they are much more careful, it's often not apparent (maybe it has to do with Se ignoring?). This imo is indicator of sensing. Haha but that's a lame reason lol even though I use it to differentiate between sensors/intuitives most of the time. Kirk doesn't seem a grounded person to me. I also doubt that it's because of the nature of his work. He even kinda remind me of ILEs because of his demeanor.
    I don't know much about Kirk Hammet, but I think he VIs as SEI, and the quotes i've read about him, just substantiate the typing for me.

Haha but that's a lame reason lol even though I use it to differentiate between sensors/intuitives most of the time.

I don't think it's a lame indicator of sensing.

As a T type i'm more easily influenced by emotional appeals (i'm often clueless about my own actions and how I relate to others, so I take advice in this area.)

N types are more easily pushed about than S types (S types recognize the Se and respond accordingly, it takes a while for N types to figure out what's going on as it's a weak point for them/not a focus).

I just don't think I see it in Kirk Hammet, I think he's smart enough to assess competition by deciding when to compete or not (like with the who's the best guitar player contest), and staying with his decision, so I think it's an awareness of Se and an ability with it but a lack of value for it.

Although, it's just my take.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And yet there you are worshipping Hammett.
    I'm not worshipping, you just don't understand my jokes. Unless you are joking too. In that case ignore.