What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Negative IQ is interesting

Would it mean that you make other people more stupid? Being an IQ sink.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Negative IQ is interesting
    All you have to do is to set the average IQ level to zero, and then all people with lower IQ has negative values as result.
    It's a matter of definition of the reference number. The number 100 can be considered as an offset value.

btw. I never participated at an official IQ test, but I took an unofficial one and achieved 138 as result.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 02-23-2018 at 09:14 PM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    All you have to do is to set the average IQ level to zero, and then alle people with lower IQ has negatve values as result.
    It's a matter of the definition of the reference number. The number 100 can be considered as an offset value.

Never made an official IQ test, but I made an unofficial one and achieved 138 as result.
    If we define zero IQ as having no intelligence at all. Literally dumb as a rock. What would then negative IQ mean?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we define zero IQ as having no intelligence at all. Literally dumb as a rock. What would then negative IQ mean?
    If you define zero IQ = no IQ at all then negative values are meaningless, but thats a different definition.
    It's much like the definition of a temperature scale. Set 0 and 100 as numbers for observable temperatures that make sense to people in reality,
    e.g. freezing point and boiling point of water, then you get the Celcius temperature scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Oh hello, Graham? I'm interested what it's about.
    Yes, it's a number used by a mathematician named Graham. It's a sooooo unbelieable huge number, it blows every imagination.
    10 to the power of negative Graham's number is a number soo unimaginable tiny... it's not zero, but in reality it can be regarded as zero.

Classical NT style of humor...

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Destruction of the intelligence of other's.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Destruction of the intelligence of other's.
    Maybe Feelers have negative IQ.

(Jung on Si)