Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    They're clearly saying you should be able to express your needs in a relationship. Dunno why its so complicated or bothersome.
    Its like you read but you just understand everything based in your own projections instead of what it means in the context.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Its like you read but you just understand everything based in your own projections instead of what it means in the context.
    I dunno, I see you extrapolating a bunch of motivations and infering things that weren't in the post, so ditto?

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dunno, I see you extrapolating a bunch of motivations and infering things that weren't in the post, so ditto?
    Where I infered and extrapolate things exactly?

For having communication, humans invented language and terms. In that way, we can understand words with a same meaning and having a common ground which allows communication. In that way, an apple is an specific fruit for example. You and I think in the same thing because we have a concept attached to a word. Thats how ppl can communicate. You have problems understanding correctly the meanings of terms and often you push your own projections and interpretations into others ppl words. Its not the first time you do it.

Then you come to say that I'm infering stuff where I'm just talking about what strictly he was saying (his own words and nothing more and the strict meaning of his words, and he quoted me at first just to say them) and what functions means in socionics theory which is the main topic and reason of this forum.

I dont know from where you are taking that he's stating that ppl "should be able to express their concerns in relations" when he was clearly saying that "coping in relations is censorship -he gave examples- and love doesnt exist beyond attraction and disney movies". Nothing more. I dont know why you cant simply read that and get the meaning of the words right instead of projecting your own insecurities into everything all the time.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Where I infered and extrapolate things exactly?
    hes clearly saying that coping in relations is censorship of our own emotions (because emotion is what one experience when our boundaries are crossed).

"should I tell my partner x" refers to censorship of words.
    The words probably have some emotional component, sure, but to reframe it as "he doesn't want to hold back his feelings, Fe!" seems convoluted.

1. Thats Fe. He's not seeing another possibility (Ne Fi) for relations other than censorship.

2. His vision is limited to his own past experiences, probably.

3. He believes "love" doesnt exist because the only possibilities he sees for it is Disney (Fe emotive merchandising) or passion (Se focus).

Three (3) guesses/inferences.

He also didn't say love isn't real. He said "true love" which I will go out on a limb and GUESS means the sappy/soulmate/Disney phenomenon.

Disbelief Jung
    TIM
    Heavenly & Spiritual
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hes clearly saying that coping in relations is censorship of our own emotions (because emotion is what one experience when our boundaries are crossed).

"should I tell my partner x" refers to censorship of words.
    The words probably have some emotional component, sure, but to reframe it as "he doesn't want to hold back his feelings, Fe!" seems convoluted.

1. Thats Fe. He's not seeing another possibility (Ne Fi) for relations other than censorship.

2. His vision is limited to his own past experiences, probably.

3. He believes "love" doesnt exist because the only possibilities he sees for it is Disney (Fe emotive merchandising) or passion (Se focus).

Three (3) guesses/inferences.

He also didn't say love isn't real. He said "true love" which I will go out on a limb and GUESS means the sappy/soulmate/Disney phenomenon.
    My sentences about how his statements are not "guessings" are based in socionics theory and his own words.

guess verb: to give an answer to a particular question when you do not have all the facts and so cannot be certain if you are correct.

Inference and guess are not synonyms, btw.

in·fer: deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning
    rather than from explicit statements.

His statements were explicit. I didnt infer anything. My conclusion is based in his statements and the concepts of socionics theory.

The words meaning were took from dictionary.
    Last edited by Faith; 02-21-2018 at 05:24 PM.