I've been thinking about how Identical relations can vary depending on whether the people concerned "accept" the strengths and flaws of their sociotype or not. Now, this isn't exactly type-related since being comfortable with one's self is a matter of self-esteem I suppose, but my question is: How does liking oneself affect the way people experience Identical relations? Surely someone who's comfortable in their own skin wouldn't mind so much being with someone who's like them, and someone who constantly sees fault in themselves/dislikes certain attitudes of theirs would probably be uncomfortable with someone who shows the same flaws.

So in "optimal" Identical relations, both parties have healthy* self-esteem and so they accept each other's flaws or at the very least aren't critical of them, and in sub-optimal ones, well, you know how it goes.
The thing is, aren't Intertype Relations (the 16 different combinations you can make by pairing the 16 types) relatively set in stone? I think there's an official ordering somewhere, and Identical relations are supposed to be the 2nd "best" matches for any given type, but if there's an optimal and a sub-optimal scenario (and perhaps a scenario where one party has healthy* self-esteem and the other one doesn't) then this ordering isn't true most of the time. I also wonder how self-esteem influences not only Identical relations but all the other ones as well, and as far as the ordering goes, maybe two healthy* conflictors could actually get along pretty well.

Any thoughts on this?