Thread: Synthesizing descriptions of duality.

Hybrid View

Can'tclipmywings
    TIM
    IEE 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Similar thing happened to me. That's typical for (young?) SLIs... It's so frustrating. They can be so self-centered that they forget and don't even think that they're causing confusion/hurt to their partner. And the problem is that they start doing this after you start liking them! They don't understand their own feelings, they can be very clueless to many things concerning people and relationships. When you get to know them, you'll realize that they're quite self-absorbed and what they care about the most is their comfort. Disturb that and they'll try to eliminate you from their lives. This is the dark side of SLIs. They need a shake up from to time so they don't get bored. What frustrates me the most is that they don't understand their own nature and are clueless about all this... which makes me want to help them and not leave when I'm supposed to do so...

It took me a while to realize I had replies lol Worst. Millennial. Ever. lol
    So I think he plays a very good "What do you mean?" game. We aren't talking right now.
    We cleared up a few things and I then I called him on his "punishment" to me. I told him I would pay time for any crime but he was being unfair about it because in my eyes - and I think any non-SLI eyes - they would agree.
    He is a enneagram 8 - I have no doubt about that. So he is testing me. Seeing if I have what it takes to be loyal and endure his darkness. I am an enneagram 7. Which fleeting when times get tough is my thing. Seemingly this should fail hard. However, I have been soul searching and I have found my purpose - he is exactly who I want him to be my partner in crime - to get there. However, if it wasn't for socionics - I would think this guy is a sociopath. Seeing and reading what I have about SLIs - I understand why this duality paring is so difficult - but I also see the abundant amount of beauty in it. Every ounce of effort - has been completely 100% worth it.
    I feel like I am always helping people and trying to help them be the best they can be. Through all of this - it was actually him - who left me better than he found me. Even if he walks away forever - I will be incredibly grateful for him.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren88 View Post
    It took me a while to realize I had replies lol Worst. Millennial. Ever. lol
    So I think he plays a very good "What do you mean?" game. We aren't talking right now.
    We cleared up a few things and I then I called him on his "punishment" to me. I told him I would pay time for any crime but he was being unfair about it because in my eyes - and I think any non-SLI eyes - they would agree.
    He is a enneagram 8 - I have no doubt about that. So he is testing me. Seeing if I have what it takes to be loyal and endure his darkness. I am an enneagram 7. Which fleeting when times get tough is my thing. Seemingly this should fail hard. However, I have been soul searching and I have found my purpose - he is exactly who I want him to be my partner in crime - to get there. However, if it wasn't for socionics - I would think this guy is a sociopath. Seeing and reading what I have about SLIs - I understand why this duality paring is so difficult - but I also see the abundant amount of beauty in it. Every ounce of effort - has been completely 100% worth it.
    I feel like I am always helping people and trying to help them be the best they can be. Through all of this - it was actually him - who left me better than he found me. Even if he walks away forever - I will be incredibly grateful for him.
    Best of luck to you, @mclaren88.

Can'tclipmywings
    TIM
    IEE 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Best of luck to you, @mclaren88.
    Lol I'm probably going to need it

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So true. SLI I'm close to is also enneagram 8, and he's exactly like you described and did the loyality test, he even told me at first that I will be disappointed by him and that I will leave him because I will see how bad he is... he was terrified of rejection, and from his past friendships, it seems he started seeing himself in a bad way because of his tendency to ruin relations...

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren88 View Post
    Seeing and reading what I have about SLIs - I understand why this duality paring is so difficult - but I also see the abundant amount of beauty in it. Every ounce of effort - has been completely 100% worth it.
    True! I discovered a side of myself with him that I didn't know was there, he often said things about me that I was unaware of but it just made sense, and I was left thinking and surprised by how he knew that even though we didn't talk much, he got to know me just by observing it seems. It was very strange in a way, we didn't communicate a lot but our behaviors said more than words. I didn't feel like this with any person. And we both helped each other unconsciously or consciously. It's impossible to forget something like this or even replace it for me at least... Just being next to each other was great!