Thread: Subtype matching or not in duality and activity

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The best pairing for a productive relationship seems to be an equal balance of input to output processes for the couple as a combined unit; for example, INTj-Ti with ESE-Si. However, this won't assure success because there are so many other issues that can override the positive effects of type matching.......

a.k.a. I/O

EDIT: Activity relationships seem to be marginal at best so subtype matches wont change the apparent cognitive disharmony by a significant amount......
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 03-20-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    The best pairing for a productive relationship seems to be an equal balance of input to output processes for the couple as a combined unit; for example, INTj-Ti with ESE-Si. However, this won't assure success because there are so many other issues that can override the positive effects of type matching.......

a.k.a. I/O

EDIT: Activity relationships seem to be marginal at best so subtype matches wont change the apparent cognitive disharmony by a significant amount......
    So I'm learning a bit more about subtypes atm and I noticed this comment by Rebel. So opposite subtypes are better? Why does this feel like it makes sense to me..

I think it can be quite hard to tell someone's subtype and that the subtypes can often look similar. I was just reading about SLE-se and SLE-ti and actually SLE-ti sounds a bit more like the quiet, mysterious, reserved guys I often go for..

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    So I'm learning a bit more about subtypes atm and I noticed this comment by Rebel. So opposite subtypes are better? Why does this feel like it makes sense to me..

I think it can be quite hard to tell someone's subtype and that the subtypes can often look similar. I was just reading about SLE-se and SLE-ti and actually SLE-ti sounds a bit more like the quiet, mysterious, reserved guys I often go for..
    It probably makes sense to you cause it's easier for you to listen to people who think they know what they're talking about than to gain the proper wisdom for yourself

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    It probably makes sense to you cause it's easier for you to listen to people who think they know what they're talking about than to gain the proper wisdom for yourself
    Nice. You’re kinda dopey yourself you know.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice. You’re kinda dopey yourself you know.
    Proof? Evidence? Or is this just a lame shaming tactic?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    Dammit Stray Cat, you sure your duals are the ones with Ti HA and not the ones with Te DS?
    Bethany's post was essentially poking for Ti in the way one unconsciously pokes for their HA.

A thing about SLEs and ILEs is that they don't make us feel stupid when we indulge with our Ti. They support and guide the half-baked speculations to a conclusion.

On the other hand, Te egos, except the kindest ones, have reactions like yours,

and this is why my Ti has always been reflexively shy around them.
    @chocolatte, just for the record, I'm not that kind. Remember, LIEs and SLEs have the same dimensional Fe and Fi and we therefore have the same levels of blindness to some things.

Instead, I've been trained since birth by my 3-week older IEI cousin to not touch the third rail. I used to say unintentional stuff to her all the time that she found really offensive, but eventually, I figured it out. Mostly.

So, it's training, and not anything intrinsic.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Bethany, as a Te-subtype myself, my personal experience has been that I like working with an Se-subtype best, but I find the Fi-subtype to be the most comfortable.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Bethany, as a Te-subtype myself, my personal experience has been that I like working with an Se-subtype best, but I find the Fi-subtype to be the most comfortable.
    Ta. And I think if people identify themselves strongly with a subtype it makes sense they would prefer a matching subtype. However, for people who feel more in the middle…maybe it doesn’t matter too much. I don’t know how strongly I identify with ni but definitely a little

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ta. And I think if people identify themselves strongly with a subtype it makes sense they would prefer a matching subtype. However, for people who feel more in the middle…maybe it doesn’t matter too much. I don’t know how strongly I identify with ni but definitely a little
    @Bethany, the thing is, an ESI-Se is moving towards an SEE, which is my Activity partner. I love to do things with the ESI-Ses whom I know, but I can't seem to close the distance with them. I've never slept with an SEE, either. Despite their beauty and overt sexiness, SEEs don't appeal to me in that way.

On the other hand, I'm OK with doing things with the ESI-Fi subtype and it's easier to be intimate with them, for some reasons unknown to me.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post

a.k.a. I/O

I think the exact wording he uses is interesting.. ‘the best pairing for a productive relationship’ and ‘there are so many other issues that can override the positive effects of type matching’. Yes, it’s important for a relationship to be productive. However, it may not be the most important factor based on one’s own personal needs. I think the type of subtype you prefer may depend on the type of relationships you have with other people. If there is something lacking in your friendships or family life, (or even work life?) you man need it from a relationship. So productivity may not be best short term, even if it might be long term. Theoretically speaking. Life isn’t that long anyway..