Thread: Subtype matching or not in duality and activity

Threaded View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There are, of course, other factors which affect compatibility. In addition to the psychological factors of sub-type and instinct stacking and enneagram matching, there are the social factors of intelligence levels, social class, physical attraction, and Imago.

There are also the many unique factors which make you, you, and which dictate your preferences in a partner.

Personally, I've been wondering why I'm preferentially attracted to ESI-Se's over ESI-Fi's, and I think it has to do with my being e8w7 and ready to go anywhere and to fight at the drop of a hat. (Although I spend a lot of effort in suppressing that latter trait in order to get what I want long-term.) (https://i.imgur.com/UjAfL5X.jpg) ESI-Fi's say nothing but one day you wake up and find that they've made you "theirs" without a word having been spoken. Conversely, A slightly flighty and hard-to-pin-down ESI-Se 6w7 I know recently said "I need to know that I'm worth fighting for" and I, as an e8, have no problem with showing her that she is worth fighting for.

I know an LIE-Ni IRL. I like him, he's really smart and gets the job done with only a bit of complaining that he needs someone to help him and how can this thing ever work, there are so many problems, etc. I recently asked him if he (who told me he really wants kids but his wife does not) has been able to resolve the "kids issue" with his wife. He said, "Eh, it will be what it will be.", which sounds to me like he's given up without a fight.
    When my ex-wife told me she didn't want kids, I told her that I did and I planned to have them, and I also hoped that they would be with her. She got pregnant that month. (It might seem like I was being an asshole, but it worked out. She told me that our son is the best thing that ever happened to her.)

So perhaps my willingness to fight for what I really want is an initial attractor to ESI-Se's which will lead to disaster later. IDK. I'm still exploring the territory.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 01-28-2018 at 04:01 PM.