Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    The best pairing for a productive relationship seems to be an equal balance of input to output processes for the couple as a combined unit; for example, INTj-Ti with ESE-Si. However, this won't assure success because there are so many other issues that can override the positive effects of type matching.......

a.k.a. I/O

EDIT: Activity relationships seem to be marginal at best so subtype matches wont change the apparent cognitive disharmony by a significant amount......
    I think the exact wording he uses is interesting.. ‘the best pairing for a productive relationship’ and ‘there are so many other issues that can override the positive effects of type matching’. Yes, it’s important for a relationship to be productive. However, it may not be the most important factor based on one’s own personal needs. I think the type of subtype you prefer may depend on the type of relationships you have with other people. If there is something lacking in your friendships or family life, (or even work life?) you man need it from a relationship. So productivity may not be best short term, even if it might be long term. Theoretically speaking. Life isn’t that long anyway..

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think as people get older they tend to balance out a bit and their subtype (if they have one) becomes less prominent. At least less prominent compared to a young person with the same subtype..for example it took me ages to figure out my parents' subtypes, even though I know them pretty well as people. My dad is a strong SLI-si subtype and my mum is a normal ESE-si subtype. But for a while I thought my mum was ESE-fe..She is just slightly more balanced than my dad. But my dad still has traits that sound like the stereotype of an SLI-te.

So I think over a life time we try to balance out, even if it's not on a deep level. We will begin to resemble the other subtype, even if just in a subtle way.

I feel superrrrr lucky to have semi-dual siblings of both subtypes. My SEE-se sis is someone I have a lot of fun adventures with and deep chats and my SEE-fi brother is super loving and very family oriented, which I find quite grounding- reminds me of what is important. But I really like the thought of seeing them balance out more over time- my sister becoming more grounded and my brother becoming more..at ease..

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good thing about SLE-ti is that they remind you of SEI-fe but the bad thing is that they remind you of LSE-si. However I did nearly go out with an SLE-se who quite resembled SEI-fe so maybe it doesn’t make much diff.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hum
    I don’t know if I believe in subtype theory
    I think type is also about cultural and upbringing so for example if one LSE is from an abused family they maybe mistrustful and suspicious of people while another LSE who is from a loving home would be more open to love and relationship. While one LSE may have ADD and not find motivation or do a lot another may be more even energy wise. Hobbies will also be different depending on economy and availability of these hobbies like one may only have access to football while another all types of sports. One LSE May be ocd and clean freak another maybe messy.

These are not type related issues. So listen to the information metabolism and the type of information that each type conveys.

This

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...abolism-models
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inert- seems to ponder stuff more, contact- seems to turn things over in the mind more. Sometimes you can see it in the eyes. It can be an interesting energy to observe, a gear moving backwards or forwards. Sometimes it feels like a type of energy coming off their body..SLE-se i mentioned probs didn’t have a strong subtype. But yeah environmental influences are important. Like I think I am drawn to people who seem si-like, coz I grew up sound si. But it’s a particular type of si..None of my friends understand typology so I can’t ask how I come across
    lol. Sometimes I think my mum seems IEE like and her mum was IEE.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 03-04-2023 at 09:33 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Is it like .5 more or .5 less?
    what did you mean by this?

why 5?

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh this thread lol

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    what did you mean by this?

why 5?
    It refers to the strength of the function

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I’m trying to step away from typology (bc the idea that the dual is the only relation I can have what I want with.. “become one” or whatever my ultimate goal is… getting closer and closer until it is satisfied - I find the idea a little stifling, suffocating now). I also don’t think all duals are necessarily compatible relative to whatever situational factors influencing both your personalities…

I’m bringing all this up to generally agree there are intratype differences and that can make a dual more or less appealing to me. As of now I have found one I click with organically. Some might even be a little “too much” which might put me off. As for subtypes compatibility idk

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loopyclouds View Post
    It refers to the strength of the function
    ah ok ta!

edit: also activity are fine if both people are healthy/happy/ have friends/job they like..this can be somewhat subjective obviously. Identical is similar
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 04-21-2023 at 10:36 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    As of now I have found one I click with organically.
    How is your relation with them developing? In a good direction?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loopyclouds View Post
    How is your relation with them developing? In a good direction?
    Unfortunately it is not "developing" currently but for a good reason, and it's not because we don't get along, overall.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345