Thread: Only sx types know how to love

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    Well, ignoring Socionics, sx craves intense experiences by itself. However, your IEE mom wanting stability in relationships is just the delta side of her so she likely craves both intensity and stability. That's why delta sx firsts seem more beta than typical delta.
    yup
    Se valued is not the same as SX or even SX intensity, what that feels or looks like can vary based on type. I/C being 'softer' doesn't mean it's less intense, something can be soft and intense at the same time, if that makes sense.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sx wants to find that charge that can only come from an intense connection to someone or something that interests them. If that charge is not there, they will lose interest. It's more about stimulation than love. Love is actually a difficult road for sx types.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely disagree with this statement, and it bothers me when people make such claims. SXs may express themselves in a more intense way than other stackings, and finding love may even be more of a priority. This isn't always the case, because sx can also be about being passionate about interests, how someone expresses emotions, etc. so it really varies from person to person across the board. Sx lasts may have other priorities over sx stuff, and struggle with connection. But we can still long for love, love can have many definitions. There can be love between you and the one you love, but then there is the platonic love between friends, how someone loves their family, how you love your interests, etc.

So it's one word with many different definitions. I often worry about how inept I am with connection, a lot of it due to my sx-lastness. About a year ago, I really didn't care about finding my special someone and still have priorities such as school, my hobbies, my dream occupation. The thought of being Asexual may have bounced around in my head a few times which I know it not true at this point. But then, a special someone came into my life but is no longer there and I have a flood of worries about ever finding anyone else again. As long as someone is human, it is possible. An sx-dom may be looking for a very special specific kind of love. As an sx-last I think about what I look for in a person but could never meet the expectations of an sx-dom probably.

Part of my struggles may not inherently be sx-last 100%. I have other issues that I will not be specific about here that definitely contribute. And I have a strong 5-second fix, and 5s struggle with this kind of thing. Not knowing how to interact with people so retreating into isolation. 9 as well, being one of the withdrawn triad. Double withdrawn leads to having an awkward personality. 9s may want to connect with people, but want innerpeace so this can lead to pushing people away who conflict with this.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    Sp's and So's can only engage in a pseudo-love version. So's are all for "relationships" and showing off and shit, and sp's bake cookies for you but they don't give a shit about you in reality. Real love is sx based.
    I'm pretty sure I know Sp types that can love. I think they just don't get as obsessive about it or "drawn" to it.

If we can define love as a wholesome interaction or relationship between two people, then there isn't really a theoretical reason why Sp types can't love. Sx is about intimacy and intensity. Therefore people without it love without intimacy and intensity.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The idea that Sx intensity is love is the main reason I stay clear of dating.
    It's just too much too soon, a campfire is enough, no need to throw gas in a forest and light it up.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even a fool learns to love.

Enneagram is fake news, but the best typing for me has probably been Sx 1, and I still recognize all the enneagram types are supposed to be bad things and fixations. Anyone should be able to love regardless of the fake ideas of typology.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12