Thread: Member Questionnaire (Empyreal)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Empyreal)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Empyreal)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    I believe that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, so what is beautiful to one person can be ugly to another. In such a sense I don't believe there is some universal notion of beauty, as even standards of beauty change over time.

While there are definitely degrees of love and that some ideas of love are more "shallow" than others e.g. infatuation, genuine love is the fire that burns even in the darkest voids. It is that a special bound which transcends time and space and connects one another like a moth drawn to a flame. True love is selfless and genuine, as it is the unison of two souls which together create a new lens to experience the world through -- a lens of compassion, care and undying trust and devotion.
    What are your most important values?
    Strength, honesty, authenticity, trust, loyalty, respect, taking responsibility for oneself.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I don't hold any specific beliefs. I'm by and large an atheist as I cannot rationalize the existence of supernatural entities. I have some inclinations towards taoism, but not to the point it's something I'd practice.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I do not believe in war and militaries, as I do not believe that wars are capable of meaningfully solving geopolitical conflict. I recognize their necessity, but ideally we would not need them.

To me, power is the ability to be independent and strong, to trust in yourself and the world, to act swiftly and without hesitation when so is required. You know who you are and where you stand, and you know how to get what you want. But power is also vulnerability, to dare expose yourself in the face of danger, to be able to give even when you yourself have very little, and to defend and protect those that need power more than you do.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I am very intellectual so I tend to have conversations about more abstract subjects that interest me. But I also enjoy things like video games or talking about stuff like sex, so it depends. It's mostly reliant on my current interests and the people I'm with.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I have become more recently interested in health and fitness as I've begun to take decisive action in order to improve my own physique. I am not so concerned about health, but one of my current life goals is to lose weight so thus I have done extensive research on various fitness exercises and nutrition until I found a solution that fits my personal preferences and lifestyle.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    Who likes daily chores? Not I. They are necessary but I am crap at doing them.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I'm planning to watch A Dangerous Game as I was suggested to watch it, and I agree that it seems very interesting and will likely appeal to my tastes. EDIT: It sucked and bored the fuck out of me.

Other movies I've enjoyed were Mr. Nobody, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, the Matrix, Fight Club, Vanilla Sky and Cell. A recent movie I watched and enjoyed was Under the Skin. I am not a huge movie buff, though. I used to read more books when I was younger, but outside of Fight Club, I can't say there's anyone favorite that I like more than the others. Unless you'd count the manga Bleach or something, which I do enjoy a lot, at least up to a certain point in the story.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I sometimes cry when I think about how I still miss my ex-girlfriend, and I can also smile when I think about the good times we had. But being in a new-ish relationship, I also smile when I'm with my new girlfriend.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I've never felt like I belonged anywhere or at home with my environment. This is not something I pay a lot of attention to.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I honestly can't say I think I overly dislike any specific trait with myself. I have come a very long way from where I used to be in life, but I do wish I could feel like I had a bit more energy in order to get annoying but important things done e.g. I am currently procrastinating by writing this questionnaire instead of taking my shower and doing the dishes for the day. I also tend to struggle with a sense of accompanied lethargy in general, and I find it very difficult to overcome this by myself. It tends to make me stingy with my time and energy, among other things, though I know I feel so much better if I just get my legs moving.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I think people tend to value my intellect, loyalty and integrity the most. I typically always know where I stand on something and I stand up for myself and my own beliefs and I protect those I believe need to be protected.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Definitely someone who can kick me into gears. I am very slow to start and sometimes I just really need that one person to just tell me to get off my ass and get my shit done, or I just keep pushing it ahead of me while thinking I can do it later. I also enjoy people who are good at interpreting relationships, provide relationship-advice and explain a specific emotional situation to me. Thanks to long exposure to emotional manipulation, I can often smell it now, but I can't always say how or why it's manipulative or shitty, so I really appreciate when people can explain this to me in a way that makes sense.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I don't understand what it means to be stuck in a rut. Like, intellectually I can understand it, but I cannot experientially relate. To me, even if life seemingly stands still, things are always moving forward anyway. You may not notice or feel the changes, but change is always there. As an example, I may myself feel caught in time and as if I am lagging behind, but that is only because time itself is always moving forward whether we'd like for it to, or not.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like people that are down-to-earth, value authentic forms of expression, not overly materialistic, honest, loyal, steadfast and fit my definition of being a strong person. In general I appreciate people that dare to be themselves and express themselves for who they truly are even in the face of opposition.

I dislike people that are the opposite to the above e.g. materialistic, selfish, weak-willed, disloyal and so on. I also dislike people that do not value emotional maturity and personal development, and I also dislike arrogance and self-absorption. Also, emotional immaturity and poor social skills has as of late really become a serious pet peeve of mine.

I tend to get along with people who has experienced some kind of trauma or personal struggle like I myself have had, probably because it makes it easier for us to bond over our commonly shared emotional experiences, but intelligence is also important, as well as personal values.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    Romance and sex are both very important to me, and as a sort of a hopeless romantic, I want someone I can both romantically and sexually click with. I'm also monogamous, but due to recent personal changes, I've become more open to the possibility of various poly constellations in case we'd not be fully compatible in these two areas.

I want a dominant partner who is decisive and can make most decisions for the two of us. Being so introverted, I am more comfortable when I can take on the supporting role by planning how to practically carry out our common activities together, as opposed to being the one making all decisions myself. Being the male in the relationship, stereotypically I can end up planning everything anyway, but I most prefer if she's the one in the leading position. That allows me to relax and let go around her, which makes me much more romantically fulfilled.

In general, I'm the most attracted to emotionally effusive and confident women that know what they want and how to get what they want. I enjoy feeling like I am the "prey" of their sexual and romantic endeavors and that they have to "win" me over even if I am at first, unwilling or not interested. Logical or "cold" women don't interest me as much as "warm" women do. This also somewhat applies to men, insofar that I prefer femme men.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I am not interested in having children so this is largely a non-issue to me. But in the event that I would, obviously safety which includes physical, emotional and financial, especially since a child is one day also going to grow up and you need to make it possible for them to start off their life without too many road bumps or hiccups. It is important to create a good and solid foundation because their future is going to hinge upon how good of a foundation they've got to stand on once they need to stand up on their own.

But I also think it is important to teach children good values such as how to be good people and that includes values such as empathy, respect, personal responsibility and so on.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Depends on the belief itself, but if I think it is extremely abhorrent, I'd lose faith in my friend and I'd express my overt disagreement with their claims. I would also sincerely consider cutting my ties with them, as I do not want to associate myself with people who support values I find so incompatible with my own way of viewing life. With that said, the latter is largely a non-issue, as I am very good at hashing out people's beliefs and associate myself with people whom I find to be agreeable.

If the disagreement is of a minor nature, I'd probably argue it or let it go, or not even bother.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I don't have any specific view of people as a whole. There are clusters of people that are good and bad, but this does not say whether the society itself is good and bad. With that said, some major issues I see with current society is the greed that underlies the capitalist structure, and I also believe that society has increasingly developed towards an attitude of "each man to their own", which I do not believe in. All it does is that it adds further economic gaps between social classes and kills social mobility, which ultimately only benefits a small elite of people.

I also think that the fact men are, by and large, not taught sufficient levels of emotional intelligence sincerely hampers them later in life and gives rise to movements such as the MRA or /r/incels, because instead of recognizing their emotional situation and admit their own accountability, in an act of pathetic ego-defense, they simply place the blame on their source of desire rather than realizing the error lies in them, not the women which they scorn.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I choose my friends carefully by for example trying to hash out whether our personal values are compatible or not, whether we share common interests, view and experience life the same way etc. I don't connect or bond very easily with other people, so it makes me very careful with who I really end up bonding with.

I don't really behave in any specific way around my friends. I can be a bit goofy when I feel like it, but typically I'm fairly introverted and caustic as opposed to giddy.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I do not behave around strangers any differently than I do friends. The only difference is what I speak to them about and how I feel towards them.
    Last edited by Empyreal; 01-22-2018 at 09:11 PM. Reason: grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw you doing this to another member as well and I honestly think it's very rude of you to simply link to a video questionnaire. Not everyone can or want to publicize their faces on the Internet and that desire for privacy should be respected.

In the very least you could bother to formulate a proper response where you kindly ask the person to fill out a different questionnaire instead of simply pasting a link and expecting people to take the hint.

It's also extremely disrespectful to the amount of time people do spend on filling out a questionnaire.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Empyreal View Post
    Not everyone can or want to publicize their faces on the Internet and that desire for privacy should be respected.
    It's the question of the needed for correct typing with acceptable probability. Not ethical or emotional. The reasons were by the link. If you prefer more privacy (what is senseless as no one will harm you just by seeing you and by your general talking during the typing) - do online tests and think on your own, what is not worse than a questionnaire for people which know nothing about you. But if you want help - give normal typing info. A questionnaire is not enough.

> In the very least you could bother to formulate a proper response where you kindly ask the person to fill out a different questionnaire

Seems F type.

> It's also extremely disrespectful to the amount of time people do spend on filling out a questionnaire.

Fe type is more possible as Te arguments are strangely taken as personal insult.

It's "extremely disrespectful" what you did here to the reason, your interests and me who tries to help you. But noone cares as we are not making personal relations. At least, your style have pointed to Fe.

When you'll do the video, there will be more sense to continue the conversation.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I found it difficult to go through your questionnaire, as I didn't find very much useful information to type you. What seems obvious is that your is in a Suggestive position. This would imply Leading and, consequently, ILI or IEI. But I'm not sure. Have you taken any tests? What were your results?
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Well, I found it difficult to go through your questionnaire, as I didn't find very much useful information to type you. What seems obvious is that your is in a Suggestive position. This would imply Leading and, consequently, ILI or IEI. But I'm not sure. Have you taken any tests? What were your results?
    No, I've not taken any tests as I do not experience the results to be reliable anyway. What other questionnaire would be more reliable to be typed from than this one? Also, why is it obvious that my Se is suggestive?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    It's the question of the needed for correct typing with acceptable probability. Not ethical or emotional. The reasons were by the link. If you prefer more privacy (what is senseless as no one will harm you just by seeing you and by your general talking during the typing) - do online tests and think on your own, what is not worse than a questionnaire for people which know nothing about you. But if you want help - give normal typing info. A questionnaire is not enough.

> In the very least you could bother to formulate a proper response where you kindly ask the person to fill out a different questionnaire

Seems F type.

> It's also extremely disrespectful to the amount of time people do spend on filling out a questionnaire.

Fe type is more possible as Te arguments are strangely taken as personal insult.

It's "extremely disrespectful" what you did here to the reason, your interests and me who tries to help you. But noone cares as we are not making personal relations. At least, your style have pointed to Fe.

When you'll do the video, there will be more sense to continue the conversation.
    There are many reasons why people would choose to be anonymous on the internet and it is extremely rude and disrespectful to not accept those reasons. You could simply just say, "hey, I prefer this method, if you'd mind?" which isn't nearly as rude as simply posting a link without even giving an explanation as to why. All it implies is that you think the time and effort I spent on filling out the existing questionnaire is useless. At least @User Name said that the questionnaire I filled out didn't give enough information which is fair. At least it respects the fact I did take time to fill out an answer.

Also, by your logic, then anyone pissed off, which I am, would be Fe or something lol. I really shouldn't have to point out why that's not a sound logical assumption to make.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I've not taken any tests as I do not experience the results to be reliable anyway. What other questionnaire would be more reliable to be typed from than this one? Also, why is it obvious that my Se is suggestive?
    Try thehotelambush's questionnaire, if you have time to fill it out. Your is Suggestive because you need someone who tells you what to do and pushes you to do things, a Leading type (SEE/SLE).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try thehotelambush's questionnaire, if you have time to fill it out. Your is Suggestive because you need someone who tells you what to do and pushes you to do things, a Leading type (SEE/SLE).
    Jesus Christ, this is long. And yes, I thought so as well, though I'm still curious about second opinions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

No, I've not taken any tests as I do not experience the results to be reliable anyway.
    Tests give results which are good enough to try them. In many cases they give 3-4 correct dichotomies. And as I've said - just a questionnaire in not better then tests. Gulenko's test gave me 3-4 correct dichotomies on most people I tried it.

I recommend you this short one:
    http://www.discordia-inc.co.uk/misc/mbtitest.html

> What other questionnaire would be more reliable to be typed from than this one?

Without video you'll waste your time on another questionnaire.

> Also, why is it obvious that my Se is suggestive?

*EI is possible for you, indeed. To explain you "why" has no significant sense, as your qualification is not enough to understand the weight of arguments correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Describe yourself.
    Ugh, I find these questions generally difficult to answer because I can never seem to settle on something I think is relevant in any context and from any perspective. Instead it tends to change a bit based on how I see myself over time and so on, but based on how I’ve described myself recently, it’d be something like:

Fairly introverted, enjoys academic and intellectual topics, like to listen to metal music, have strong and deep feelings but am generally speaking very bad at expressing them, can be very intense, very loyal, and idk what else to say.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    I am currently working full-time and trying to build some extra skills so I can move on in my career. What I dislike is the poor pay and hours, but I like that it’s still a fairly easy job. I also dislike the HR department as I genuinely think they dislike me.

What are your values, and why?
    Not again, please.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    I work out regularly, cook, work, spend time with my cats, play video games, talk to my girlfriend and other friends, listen to music, and attend local pub meetings.

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    Fuck family. There are only a few family members I actually value, but I don’t out by virtue of them being family. I don’t like them because they are selfish assholes.
    I really don’t have any good or close friends right now as I’ve always struggled to make them, so I can’t really describe what that’d be like.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    I look for people that are intelligent and share my values and life experiences. I largely look for the same in romantic relationships except I also enjoy that my partner is strong and independent. There is also a difference in intimacy levels between friends and romance.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    Eh, people are just stupid and lack social skills and need to be called out for it. That’s it.

How would your friends describe you?
    I think they’d describe me as a very upfront and honest individual, a bit introverted but can also be very social. Intelligent, some would probably say with my heads in the clouds insofar I often intellectualize my feelings and experiences instead of living myself through them.

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    My strengths involve being steadfast, honest, have a strong sense of integrity, strong boundaries, confidence, intelligence, loyalty and trustworthy.
    I also like these traits in myself pretty much.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Intellectually haughty, arrogant, over-thinking simple things. As of right now, I only really dislike my lack of energy and struggle to keep a more stable life routine.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I’ve always been an independent person so I genuinely don’t understand this question.
    I enjoy being with someone who can be there and emotionally support me, though.

What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    Life’s a chore in general tbh lol. It’s essentially just a long chain of prescriptive events that you just got to trawl yourself through until you die. Somehow, if you were lucky, you found some satisfaction along the way, but don’t count on it. Especially if you failed to fit the prescribed standard of how to lead and live your life.

Thusly, I currently am trying to figure out ways to learn to enjoy myself by seeing joy in the little things as opposed to chasing the big dreams even though I feel woefully behind due to personal incidents I had little to not control over. It’s just a part of my mental health development.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    Currently to try to learn to take time as it comes but also setting goals I find important and enjoyable e.g. trying to find a way to meet up with my girlfriend, stuff like that.

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    I would probably not do much tbh, lol. Maybe spend it on being recreative, finding myself and developing myself, and, when I feel I have enough time and energy for that, go study, take that PhD I’ve planned or maybe a license to practice as a therapist.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    Forcefulness? In women, at least.
    A certain kind of self-absorption and selfishness that’s really difficult to put into words but I find I’m extremely allergic to. Outwardly it doesn’t always look that way, and it’s more just a gut feeling. I also don’t like haughty and overly morally repressed people.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    Haha, I don’t, not outside basic maintenance. I don’t care so much. As long it works it works.
    Why this again?

How do you behave around strangers?
    Not in any specific way. Can be introverted, keep to my corner unless something interesting is going on. Friendly but can be very sarcastic as well. Can’t help it, as biting sarcasm is just my form of humor.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    Depends on who it is, why and whether it’s worth retorting or not. Also, how pissed I am. I can react positively to conflict as I think conflict can help to clean the air, and sometimes if I feel very pissy, I can want to just fight someone as well. I try to not be rude, however, as I think that means losing control and that’s weak and uncouth.

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.
    I don’t understand this question. Common misconception about what? Contraceptives? I mean jeez, if I’d have to list all the ways people are stupid I’d be here all day. Ain’t got no time for that.

What did you do last Friday?
    Was home, went to shop, worked out, and chilled the rest of the day, I think. Can’t quite remember.

What is your biggest accomplishment?
    I don’t tend to think of things in terms of accomplishments or not.

What is something you regret?
    I do really regret falling prey for that stupid Black Friday sale for a mobile game and ended up spending more money than I think was worth it. Especially now, as I’ve even lost interest in the game. fml

Who do you admire, and why?
    I don’t admire people per se like that. I never understood admiration.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?
    Nothing that I’d like to share here.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?
    Already mentioned this.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?
    I’m very much a liberal left kind of person, and I am also in theory supportive of Marxist theory. I hold these beliefs as I believe they are the most just and accommodating to all forms of peoples without disrespecting their identities and beliefs.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    I’ve been toying with the idea but I am frankly not interested or motivated enough to run my own business. Too much work and you’d really have to enjoy the field in which you are working in.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?
    I can at least firmly say I am not a fan of open offices. I prefer the idea of having my own office, and I prefer the idea of being able to work more on my own time and pace. I work very efficiently when solo.
    When looking for a job, I look for sufficient intellectual stimulation and that I find the subject of work meaningful as well.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
    Honestly can’t remember. I think I liked chemistry and the theoretical aspect of physics was fun, but I did end up studying the social sciences and end up with a degree in the social sciences. I do enjoy gender studies a lot.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?
    I expect responsibility from myself and from others. Only weak people shy away from personal responsibility.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?
    I went to Copenhagen, Denmark, to visit a friend. We went to see local tourist sites and I liked it, but due to poor planning, the time got cut a lot shorter than originally planned.

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?
    I can’t remember.

What was your high school experience like?
    I rather not remember that either.

Talk about a significant event from your life.
    Significant in what way? Too vague.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?
    No. Kids are just freaky, tbh.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Already answered this.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Already answered this x2.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Already answered this x3.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?
    Hm, I guess I just go stubborn about it. If I won’t get it the first time, I will simply hold on to my desire and preserve until everyone else give up.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?
    Yeah, I am comfortable in leadership roles. I don’t get what it means in what areas, though? I enjoy leadership positions because I am good at management, creating and providing structure, recognize talent in people, being just and fair and give everyone an honest ear.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?
    Often and all kinds of things. But I really dislike injustice and weakness in others. I’m generally speaking a very reactive person.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?
    I guess being hooked up by my girlfriend?

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?
    Having a severe anxiety attack while at work.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?
    There is no purpose to life, but purpose is what you yourself decide and make it to be. So meaning is not something found or intended, but something created. I find meaning in the things I personally value.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?
    My favorite place by far was Rome, and it was because we spent the entire time walking around and observing all the old monuments of the past. When on vacation, I rather do something and get to experience things than just lying on a bitch all day. Fucking useless. That’s fine for a day or so, but not for an entire vacation week.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?
    I like to dress in a way I find attractive by blending the styles I personally enjoy. I may sometimes be lazy or sloppy though, depending on how I feel that particular day.

Do you like surprises?
    Surprises are what they are. Like sure, positive ones, who likes negative surprises? Kinda stupid question, tbh.

Is there anything else important about you that we should know?
    Can’t think of anything.
    Last edited by Empyreal; 01-22-2018 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tests give results which are good enough to try them. In many cases they give 3-4 correct dichotomies. And as I've said - just a questionnaire in not better then tests. Gulenko's test gave me 3-4 correct dichotomies on most people I tried it.
    Tests are subject to too much self bias and are therefore unreliable, because they only tell us how you see yourself, not really who you are. It may give something right, but it can also give a lot of things wrong, and the main reason why is because other people have no ability to properly assess why you arrived at those results or not. And good that Gulenko's tests work for you, but your personal experience is not a reliable form of statistical evidence.

I recommend you this short one:
    http://www.discordia-inc.co.uk/misc/mbtitest.html
    LOL, are you seriously listing me an MBTI test for socionics? They aren't even the same thing. But sure:

Introversion (I): 13 versus Extroversion (E): 4
    Sensing (S): 13 versus Intuition (N): 5
    Thinking (T): 12 versus Feeling (F): 14
    Judging (J): 10 versus Perceiving (P): 5
    Making your MBTI code:
    I S F J

Whereas I've been suggested as an Ni ego in socionics, which is something I believe I generally agree with. Apples and pears.

Without video you'll waste your time on another questionnaire.
    Or what about you stop wasting my time in your meager attempts to make me do something I have made evidently clear I have no interest in doing? You have zero right to dictate how I want to spend my time -- if I prefer filling out a questionnaire, that's exactly what I'll do. Now fuck off.

*EI is possible for you, indeed. To explain you "why" has no significant sense, as your qualification is not enough to understand the weight of arguments correctly.
    If you can't even bother to construe an actual logical and valid reason as to why you think a thing, don't expect anyone to consider or take your opinion seriously, because it means less than bullshit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there an angry type? Whichever ones that. Anyway you seem emotional, might be Fe.

Edit: IEI maybe.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are many reasons why people would choose to be anonymous on the internet and it is extremely rude and disrespectful to not accept those reasons. You could simply just say, "hey, I prefer this method, if you'd mind?" which isn't nearly as rude as simply posting a link without even giving an explanation as to why. All it implies is that you think the time and effort I spent on filling out the existing questionnaire is useless. At least @User Name said that the questionnaire I filled out didn't give enough information which is fair. At least it respects the fact I did take time to fill out an answer.

Also, by your logic, then anyone pissed off, which I am, would be Fe or something lol. I really shouldn't have to point out why that's not a sound logical assumption to make.
    There's nothing wrong with the method. What's wrong is expecting people to be able to type you accurately from the video, considering the variance in knowledge. If you can't work it out yourself, what options do you have?

From your questionnaire, I type you Fe because of all the emotions you're espousing, beta makes sense because you're obsessed with being tough etc whilst obviously being a wimp. Introvert just fits you better along with creative Fe, so you'll maybe not need the video. IEI.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fully agree with @Scarper, IEI is the bet fit. I got the impression that you hide your Ni behind your toughness and strength, which is very Se Suggestive and it's also the reason why I couldn't type you before. This said, Fe is not certainly your PoLR, as you seem to demonstrate quite a wide range of emotions compared to an ILI/SLI. For this reason, Fe should be in a Creative position and, consequently, your type should be IEI. I recommend you not to hurry up when looking for your type. It's a long and reflective process, you can't get the solution after a bunch of questions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

you seriously listing me an MBTI test for socionics? They aren't even the same thing.
    MBTI uses compatible preferences/dichotomies with Socionics and same Jung's types. If you'll look at "Socionics" dichotomies tests you'll see similar questions.

Now I offer you to try 8-functional test by Talanov.
    http://aimtoknow.com/test_beta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fully agree with @Scarper, IEI is the bet fit. I got the impression that you hide your Ni behind your toughness and strength, which is very Se Suggestive and it's also the reason why I couldn't type you before. This said, Fe is not certainly your PoLR, as you seem to demonstrate quite a wide range of emotions compared to an ILI/SLI. For this reason, Fe should be in a Creative position and, consequently, your type should be IEI. I recommend you not to hurry up when looking for your type. It's a long and reflective process, you can't get the solution after a bunch of questions.
    So essentially you guys think that Fi types can't be emotional or express emotion? And what if I told you that I'm extremely deadpan IRL?

Also, I'm much more interested to know if you are familiar with the SSS' method of typing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

So essentially you guys think that Fi types can't be emotional or express emotion?
    Your assumption is strange, as F types are "emotional or express emotion" according to the core theory. But they are more reasonable in relation to Te and Fi, where you are having some troubles. So more basis to think you as Fe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You assumption is strange, as F types are "emotional or express emotion" according to the core theory. But they are more reasonable in relation to Te and Fi, where you are having some troubles.
    Seeing as the only basis you assume I'm Fe is because I express my anger, that conclusion is quite an obvious one. You are pretty much saying the same thing to me in different words right now -- Fi/Te types cannot emotionally express themselves. I'd also like for you to actually point out how I suck at Te/Fi.

An opinion of, "I just think so", doesn't count, especially since yourself admit to the fact that you can't meaningfully type people without visual data. You've yet to see me, so how can even arrive at any meaningful conclusions about my type? I've given you a clue though -- I'm very deadpan and I've been accused of being one of the coldest people that person knew (when I told them I no longer wanted to be friends with them), and to stop sound so robotic (in relation to my work).

How are you going to reconcile that discrepancy? Either you do not believe that visual typing is the sole method of analysis or you are at this point, simply biased and are no longer open to consider other options or errors in your own reasoning process.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So essentially you guys think that Fi types can't be emotional or express emotion?
    Yes, and Santa Claus exists. Can you please tell me when the hell I stated that heresy? I don't like the attitude behind your posts, I feel attacked even if I just want to help you.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just read your first post, and I see Ni-ego from your emphasis on time and wanting a dominant and confident partner, and Fi-valuing from your frequent mentions of the word "loyalty" and how you choose your friends. I don't know what to make of that. Maybe I should read more of this thread.

An on-line test that I like is here: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/

although I think there are other, shorter tests which give good results. SubTeigh's is one of them. I don't have a link.

*EDIT*
    OK, I just read your answers in post #11, and I'm getting a strong impression of IEI. You are considering becoming a therapist (shouts IEI - Fe plus Ni), your difficulty at work ("I think the HR dept doesn't like me" - Te-PoLR), your not noticing what you did yesterday (low Se), etc.
    IEI's have 4D Fi, although it is unvalued. I initially looked at some of your responses and gauged how you valued Se and often mentioned loyalty, with an eye toward your possibly being ISFj, but ISFj's will typically mention loyalty first or second, not as something fairly far down on the list. The factors mentioned above seem to point toward Ni-ego, anyway.

I especially like your self-described traits:
    "steadfast, honest, have a strong sense of integrity, strong boundaries, confidence, intelligence, loyalty and trustworthy."

These traits are typical of many of the IEI's whom I know IRL, and they seem to be essential for dealing with their forceful duals, the SLE's, who themselves very much need to know that they are liked and that you will stick with them, despite their occasional screw-ups.

Post Script: Regarding your "coldness" with respect to you cutting off your friend, have you ever heard of the IEI "door slam"?
    There are several explanations of it on-line, but having experienced it myself (I know about fifteen IEI's IRL), I think it is related to their 4D Fi, since ISFj's can do this, too, although with much less drama. Lol.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 01-23-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Fi-valuing from your frequent mentions of the word "loyalty"
    loyalty may be related also to Ti, to laws, order

then:
    "A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Depends on the belief itself, but if I think it is extremely abhorrent, I'd lose faith in my friend and I'd express my overt disagreement with their claims. I would also sincerely consider cutting my ties with them, as I do not want to associate myself with people who support values I find so incompatible with my own way of viewing life."

Fi types are generally tolerant to opinions. They keep own opinion and overcome conflicting themes, in case those are not important for these relations. Like for example political/religious things. They never assert on "own way of viewing life" where it's not obligate, where good relations may be kept without serious dealing with that themes. While Fe types (and Fe valued) are lesser flexible, as they think own ethically charged opinions as more objective and hence universal, so they want people near with closer beliefs in general.

"How do you behave around strangers?

I do not behave around strangers any differently than I do friends. The only difference is what I speak to them about and how I feel towards them."

If he's not T type, then it's rather strange for Fi type would be to think he behaves in same way with friends and strangers. Fi types have the most developed and complex relations region, with a lot of tones and details.

> OK, I just read your answers in post #11, and I'm getting a strong impression of IEI.

he reminds me @Retsu77 whom I ended with IEI as the main version. but without video it's easy to mistake in his type. close type like EIE may give similar impressions, for example

> "steadfast, honest, have a strong sense of integrity, strong boundaries, confidence, intelligence, loyalty and trustworthy."
    These traits are typical of many of the IEI's whom I know IRL

Many IEI are not too honest, but manipulative. with weak S have no strong boundaries and confidence. Being P they are not very loyal and stable. He may describe himself such, but we don't know him real. Your honest IEI may to be EII, or just responsible people where negative traits of the type are reduced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

Post Script: Regarding your "coldness" with respect to you cutting off your friend, have you ever heard of the IEI "door slam"?
    There are several explanations of it on-line, but having experienced it myself (I know about fifteen IEI's IRL), I think it is related to their 4D Fi, since ISFj's can do this, too, although with much less drama. Lol.
    Nope, and from the IEIs I know, doorslamming isn't something I consider typical for them at all. One friend who types as IEI which I agree with, is definitely not the guy to dare to doorslam people. He also does what I consider typical Fe stuff in conflict e.g. he plays to emotional appeals and gets along with people's emotional spiels by mirroring their feelings or project a certain emotional image of not being hostile, which is something I absolutely do not do. Doing so feels completely inauthentic to me. If I feel something, that is what I feel.

I also fail to see why believing the HR department doesn't like me must point to Te PoLR, since you don't even know why I believe so. The main reason why there's been a lot of shit with HR is because I've had a lot of sick leave due to a recent bout of necessary surgical procedures, which means I've been forced to stay away longer from work than what they thought was necessary, apparently. Even though they were also all well notified in advance. My supervisor's told me he's had a lot of arguments with the HR because of this, especially since I did nothing wrong.

If there's any other optional type than Ni ego that I'd consider, it's ESI. I used to believe I was an EII in the past, but I don't think I am, because I firmly believe I value Ni and Se.

My experience with SLEs is largely poor -- I don't typically get along well with them at all. I consider them to be far too abrasive and lack social tact and while they can be fun to be around, I tend to spend more time being pissed off at their manners than I am enjoying their company.