I've come to terms with the fact that I'm likely either a centrist or a left-libertarian overall despite having a lot of my views that are strictly left wing or strictly right wing with some in the center. In the same time, I've become more tolerant of those that are ardently leftist or rightist overall because expecting them to move more towards the center is like them expecting me to move towards the left or the right. In the end of the day, people have their reasons for believing what they do via life experience and upbringing that's built into them.

People may eventually change their minds on views and stances that are harmful on their own and have a reasonable outlook on things. So while I do still think that the left/right dichotomy is a social construct that is a very limited way of interpreting politics and should be taken with a grain of salt, I still can't really blame people for being deeply immersed into politics regardless of the side they happen to fall under because they have very real logical and ethical reasons for doing so.