Thread: Are you a leftist or a rightist?

Hybrid View

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right and Left are meaningless labels nowadays and should be abandoned by anyone wishing to make real political change.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus View Post
    Right and Left are meaningless labels nowadays and should be abandoned by anyone wishing to make real political change.
    This. Like I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread, I have a mixture of left wing and right wing views so I hesitate to label myself as left wing or right wing for that reason. I can easily find myself agreeing or disagreeing with a leftist or rightist depending on the issue. I would also not label myself as a centrist as that can mean many things.

On political tests, I tend to score left leaning libertarian, which isn't captured by the two dimensional left-right paradigm, but rather the four dimensional left-right-up-down paradigm incorporating libertarianism and authoritarianism as two important dynamics to measure one's political perspective.

Also, I agree that abandoning political ideologies in regards to merely agreeing and disagreeing with issues based on your morals and values regardless of where that puts you on the political scale of left or right is the best way to approach politics objectively IMO.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5